Sunday, November 22, 2009

Spunkalicious does the Clearwater Aquarium










Karen and her family invited us to go to the Clearwater Aquarium with them today. It is small, but cute, and we all got in FREE since Ryan's daddy is active military! SWEET! I will pocket that money for future ebay purchases. :)

So, after church, and lunch, off we went. Leeza was really cute after church (she plays in the nursery during the service, Sunday school doesn't start until she's 3),and while Sean stacked chairs after the service, Leeza ran around, yelling "Dobble Dobble" and yelling "HUGS" and giving Joe, Sean and I hugs. She was BEING SO CUTE!

At the aquarium, she LOOKED adorable in her "dobble dobble " dress, and her turkey bow, and she was sweet, as long as you did what SHE wanted. She really is not so sweet when you want her to do something that she feels is NOT in her best interest.


Here she is, lying on the filthy ground...isn't she fabulous?



She really likes to run, and jump, and do her OWN thing. Karen affectionally termed her " spunky"...yeah,, i guess that sounds nicer than BRATTY!















I guess I won't say she was "spunky" the WHOLE day, she did really sit down for quite a while and focus on her coloring. Her focus is getting longer I guess....but her joy in aggravating her mom is also growing. I am SO transparent...I need to work on this....yes, I do.








Leeza is VERY headstrong and EXTREMELY independent. This is all new for me because Sean was a very VERY mellow toddler. Leeza wants to do EVERYTHING by herself. If you try to help her AT ALL, she will have a fit. Don't dare try to guide her leg into the right side of the pants, or help her with getting her undies on. She will kick off the article of clothing and start over. Don't lift her in the car seat.."eeza's turn"..she wants to do it. Don't lift her out.."EEZA DO IT" AND IF YOU DO..she will get out of the car and throw herself on the ground in a fit of hysteria. Yes...outside of preschool on Friday, she did JUST THAT!

Last night, I told her "No more Elmo" and went to put my shoes on so we could go the park, and I came back out to the living room, and Zoe's Dance movies was in the dvd player, playing. Scary how much kids notice...she got the old movie out, and put a new movie on..with NO ONE ELSE PRESENT! Yikes. We are in for it.

Lord-grant me patience!

4 comments:

Stephanie and Gary said...

Precious --- Susan, who designed or how did you do your blog design? I love the idea of the one gorgeous and meaningful photo on the side. THANKS!
StephUSA@gmail.com

Amy, Jeff, LM, SC, & Ashton said...

what a fun day!! :)

Jstar said...

Yes, the spunky/bratty line is a fine one, speaking as Mom of another spunky Kaz tot! I just try to remember that we want them to stand up for their rights and wants (respectfully, of course) as adults, our kids just got a head start on that!

KMartin said...

You could be describing my spunky little Kazakh daughter, Annika. I love to laugh over all the ways she and Leeza sound just alike! Its all part of their CHARM!
-Erin Martin