Saturday, October 3, 2009

One year ago today...GOTCHA!!!



I mean, how freakin cute is her ghost bow??





What a difference a year makes....here we are at Pier 60 this evening enjoying our sweet lil princess born in Kazakhstan..

Hard to believe this spunky lil diva is the same pale lookin frightened lil girl I brought back to my apartment a year ago today...















A year ago, on this very day
I got a new roomie in Kostanay

For 9 weeks we came, come rain or shine
To play with Leeza-our daughter divine

I was so excited I could barely see straight
Hoping that Leeza would think it was great

She adjusted so perfect it was clear to see
That God had a plan for our family

It's now a year later, and she's full of sass
She's a happy, smart,and athletic young lass

Her skin that used to be so pale and white
Is now sun kissed with tan lines in sight

Her head that used to have no hair
Has grown into a short bob with a bow love affair

The lil girl who would not sit in my lap for a book and a cuddle
Now wants over 30 a day, and loves a group huddle

She's changed all our lives with her sweet lil spunk
We are so enchanted with her, even her 2 year old "junk"

Sweet lil Leeza-our happy pixie fairy elf
We love watching your grow into your confident self!





My lil punkin before preschool on Friday. She LOVES her "puppy shirts" as she calls them. :) Her father asked me today if Leeza has 31 Halloween outfits for each day of October. I said, well, NO, but she has like 5. :)








Our gotcha day celebration started very very early for me. I got up at 3:30 (yes, I am insane) to get a 3 hour walk in down in downtown st Pete before Race for the Cure started, where we walked the 10K this morning. I was home by 10:30 with large iced coffee in hand to take Leeza to the park so we could ride the train and play. After a couple hours, we came home and both took a 2 and 1/2 hour nap. :)

I was VERY tired this morning but the view was so serene as the sun came up...





Leeza loves this statue of the kids at the park and recently has started hugging the kids...LOVE IT! She is a trip!!

12 comments:

Julian and Sara said...

Has it only been a year? But you have always been together. That is what it seems like, anyway. The way it was always meant to be.

Happy anniversary to all of you.

Much love from "up North".

Henry's mom said...

Happy Gotcha Day Leeza and family!

What a beautiful family you have! I have tears reading your ever so sweet poem.

Happy happy!

xxoo

Lori @ Five of My Own said...

I can't get over how much she has grown. I remember finding your blog for the first time. I thought Leeza was so gorgeous, I even made Dart come to the computer to look at her. She still is a beautiful little girl and after meeting you both it impossible to imagine you apart from one another.

Susan you changed Leeza's stars and she gave you back the moon. Happy Family day.

Aaron and Julie said...

Wow - a year. Seems like yesterday. I remember the photos from last year. You are right, God has a plan for your family!! PS - the ghost bow is cute :) Happy year!!

dnd82001 said...

I remember your journey oh so well and wow what a difference a year has made. It seems like they have been with us forever doesn't it? I can't remember life without the little man.

It is so wonderful to see your family - God brought you all together because that is the way it was meant to be.

Gods continued blessings to your very beautiful family!

Darlene

Kristan and Mark said...

I love your poem! Perfect for you little princess!

I love and cherish you both. Who knew that our friendship would go far beyond the love for our daughter, Kaz and all things BOWS.

Love to you all, Happy 1 Year together as a family!

Joby and Marla said...

I can't believe it has already been a year. Time flies when your taking pictures... he he :)

Happy Gotcha Day!!!!

Jennifer said...

Happy one year Gotcha day! On one hand, Leeza still looks the exact same, and on the other, a completely different little girl!

I'm glad to hear you had fun celebrating such a momentous day!

Sarah and Andy said...

Wow, it seems like you have been a family for way longer than a year! You guys are just perfect together. Love the latest pictures and love hearing the updates! She is just amazing!

Our Family of Bloggers said...

Happy Gotcha Anniversary! She is just beautiful and her personality shines and sparkles through. And the poem is perfect.
Oh, and LOVE the bow!!!

Trudi said...

OMG Susan - the photos from last year vs now do tell the story. Goodness gracious your daughter is a different person.

And your poem is just beautiful. She will cherish that so much when she grows up. This is one beloved baby girl and yes, she did come to her rightful family in a very creative way and it is just a miracle!

Big hugs, T

Jstar said...

Happy anniversary- what a special, fantastic, beautiful day (for a special, fantastic, beautiful girl!)