Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Whirlwind weekend..Dallas Texas Style!



Mom and Dad..all "gussied up"

We headed to "the Big D" for the weekend to honor my parents, (Leeza's Mimi and Bobo) as they were honorary chairs for the Greer Garson Gala,which benefits the Texas Health Presbterian Hospital, specifically Parkison's disease and the NICU.

It was my sister Nicole's idea that for Father's Day, we chip in and purchase a table so that my Dad would have all his kids at the event. It was a great idea and we all had a wonderful time, getting all dressed up and spending time with family!




The Honorary Chairs...Mimi and Bobbo


It was a nice change for the Floridians who are pretty much OVER the 90 and 100 day days since it is October now and no longer summer. The weather was cool and overcast..a nice 50 degree drop! It was so wonderful to play outside with the kids and not sweat to death! Mimi found Leeza a KILLER coat and she wore it all weekend. She looked SMASHING in it too!





Leeza ROCKIN her new coat in the Big D...fashion mecca that it is. :)


My brother's girls, Giulia (11) and Georgia (9) as well as my sisters boys Jan (8) and Will (4) as well as Giulia and Sean always seem to have a good time hangin out with each other.















We arrived Friday night at 9, and left Sunday afternoon at 5. Well..we were SUPPOSED to leave at 5, but our flight was delayed until 7:30..then we boarded, FINALLY (so fun with a 2 year old at the airport for 3 hours who hadn't napped) to a very TURBLENT and scary flight. After an hour, the pilot came on and said they had a problem with one of the fuel tanks and would not make it to Tampa. So, we had to turn around and go BACK to DFW. They found us another plane, and we walked in the door at 3 am Monday morning. Joe had to stay in Dallas for work, so it was just Sean, Leeza and I. I have to say, I was very very proud of both of them. It was a LOOONG night and everyone was SO nice to me because I had the kids. I had several people comment on how good Leeza was and how nice my son was. It was nice. I had packed Leeza's backpack, hoping she'd just sleep, and then we had 3 hours to kill in the airport. Although we did scare of most people who sat near us, (she was just hyper, jumping and running rampant,Leeza style), she did great. I was concerned on the plane cuz it was SOOOOOOOOOOO bumpy and she had to go potty but I could not get up to take her.Of course, I had no change of clothes, no nothing, but my girl did amazing and we had NO accidents at all. One mother I met told me I was very brave cuz she used to make her girls wear pull ups on the plane. :)




ANYWAY-we made it home safe and sound, but we spent Sunday afternoon (before the plane debacle, Joe and I took the girls and Leeza and Sean to the world's biggest pumpkin patch. Technically, I don't know that to be true, but I do know that in my 43 years I have NEVER EVER seen so many pumpkins! It was pretty muddy cuz it had rained,and Leeza got her new coat all dirty, and her sweet lil black patent Mary Jane's muddy,but man, she had a blast. Sean was doing hurdles over the hay maze, and the big kids were running up and down this big hill. It was a great time.























4 comments:

Amy, Jeff, LM, SC, & Ashton said...

what a great week you had, and so glad you got to go to Dallas, too!! man, we almost got to pass IRL and meet!
the kids are adorable and so glad you got some quality family time!

Jaimie, Gena and Berik said...

Was the pumpkin patch at the Botanical Gardens? We almost went too but it was so rainy and muddy we opted not to go. Looks like you had fun in big D! We did ! Gena

marsrob said...

At this moment, I cannot get past the INCREDIBLE shot of you in that dress! WHOA! LOOK AT YOU YOU HOTTY!

Kelly and Sne said...

What a great event - and you look marvelous! Of course, so does Leeza as usual (I wish I could get preschool photos of Miras actually smiling!). Sorry to hear about the nightmare flight. I had one with Miras last Christmas and I was alone with him on my lap and in the window seat with not an open seat on the plane so I can empathize. Last weekend we took our first one with Miras in his own seat which miraculously turned out ok.

Cute pumpkin photos!