Saturday, October 17, 2009

Leeza ROCKS Disney for the first time!!



Yep, we did it. We broke Joe's "3 year old rule" and I took Leeza to Disney at age 25 months. :) I probably would have waited (well,maybe not until she was 3, because I am such a kid at heart) but Lori and Dart and Nina Bea announced THEY were coming into town, and then Kristan and Sadie and Tanner drove 8 hours to come, and Sandi and Finley decided to come, so, HOW COULD LEEZA NOT GO? We were all going to attend Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party! It was REALLY fun!!







We skipped preschool and left Thursday after dropping Sean off at school. We arrived at the Carribean resort a little after 9 where we shared a room with Kristan, Sassy Sadie, and Tanner, who arrived the previous evening and had adjoining rooms to Lori,Dart, and Nina. We spent the morning at the pool, letting Leeza swim to her hearts content, and go down the slide a million times. Leeza, Nina, and Sadie are all really impressive swimmers. A lifeguard stopped me and asked me how old Leeza was. I told her she was 2,and she said she had never seen a child her age swim like that. Once again, the swimming lessons are proving to be the best investment I've made thus far. :)




After a loong swim and lunch, the girls napped while the momma's drank some beer outside the room and chatted. It poured down rain, which cooled things off a lil bit.
Leeza's elmo costume, although sleeveless, was really too hot. Lori, being the kind and generous soul that she is, let us borrow a fairy costume of Nina's, and some super cute high top tennis shoes. Leeza would not wear the wings OR the adorable tiara, but she still looked kinda cute. :)




I was so excited once we arrived at Disney. Leeza was excited too. So excited that she didn't want to sit in her stroller, or hold my hand, or be held, she just wanted to RUN. I started to think.."Oh NO! Joe was right again!! I am CURSED!!!!








After we had "a moment", she calmed down and just seemed enraptured and was taking it all in. I mean REALLY, there is NOTHING LIKE DISNEY!!












I wasn't sure what she would think of it all..she doesn't watch any Disney movies, she knows Mickey is a mouse from her Mickey undies, and thinks all the princess are mermaids (again, from her undies!) However, I guess it doesn't matter that you don't know who anyone is, it's just a magical place. :)

How cute where Lori,Nina,and Dart? Queen Bea and the "Bea keepers"..I mean, seriously, Lori is amazingly creative. As I told her several times "we're not worthy, we're not worthy!"


In addition to trick or treating, a dance party, a fun playground, we also got to ride some rides. It's A Small World was a big hit, as well as the merry go round, that ride that goes around thru the back of space mountain and Buzz lightyear, and the Buzz Lightyear ride were all enjoyed by the girls. I was suprised too that she was mesmerized by the Philharmonic 3d show, but she sat in my lap and was very engaged with the show. Mickey has mad power!! I think the mom's (and Dart, the MAN of the hour for sure!!) had as much fun as the kids. :)
























I did not expect the parades to hold much interest to Leeza, but I was wrong. She LOVED the parade, and was mesmerized by Mickey power. She also loved the fireworks, and was UNFAZED by the loud noise or the bright lights. Sean freaked out over fireworks until he was 5..loud noises really bugged him! She also would not stop hugging the rabbit from Alice in Wonderland at the dance party. They were leading him off and she kept going back to hug him. So, um, yeah,no fear of the characters. I think Joe's 3 year old rule DOES NOT APPLY TO LEEZA! :)





At midnight, it's not ONLY Cinderella who turns into a pumpkin...so do fairy princesses, even the STUBBORN ones WHO WON'T WEAR the pretty wings or terrific tiara's. :)


2 comments:

Kristan and Mark said...

Leeza's swimming is amazing!

So much fun! I have to say one of my favorite parts was while the girls slept and the "big" girls got to sit outside and chit chat!

dnd82001 said...

Wow what a great time had by all!!

Very cool!

Darlene