Friday, October 23, 2009

One year home TODAY!!





That was then.....about midnight, on October 23rd, 2008


This is NOW! a vibrant, fiercly independent , happy, mostly galloping 2 year old!


What a wonderful, amazing year it as been! As I looked back and watched the amazing slideshow Karen put together from the pictures she took that night, a year ago, I could not help but wipe away the tears that rolled down my cheek.

http://www.karenharrisonphotography.com/Shows/Leeza/



I still remember VIVIDLY how surreal it was that I was REALLY home, and "Baby Kaz" was with me, IN MY ERGO, FOREVER AND EVER! I was on cloud nine for weeks on end. In some ways, I am still on cloud nine. I am just so grateful that we had this fantastic opportunity to travel halfway around the world to meet our sweet, beautiful Leeza Grace. In addition to the blessing of Leeza, I have also formed an entire network of new friendships due to our daughter. I feel blessed beyond my wildest dreams.

I had to wake up the Leezster today for preschool, and I waited until 8:35 (preschool starts at 9). I told her today was a school day (she LOVES school) but today she said "No Mommy, LEEZA BED, NIGHT NIGHT" and covered herself up with her blanket. :) OH MY! She is ONLY 2...what will happen when she is a teenager? I'm scared.:)

I said, but Leeza..you can wear your pumpkin shirt and your JEANS! She sat up and said "Leeaza puppy shirt?" Yes-your pumpkin shirt and she said, "ok mommy!!" YAY PUPPY SHIRT AND EEZA JEANS and clapped her hands. WHAT A GOOF!!



After preschool, (where her teacher told me she is "fiercly independent but ALWAYS happy and smiling), we had to get a new belt on my car (BORING!) so we walked to one of my favorite restaurants to have lunch. Recently, I have avoided lunch or dinner out (unless it's Chick-Fil-A) because Leeza is just too much of a pain in the butt to take out to eat. She doesn't want to sit there, and you spend all your time trying to entertain her and keep her from throwing everything off the table. :)

However, today she pleasantly surprised me. She was an absolute angel and JOY to be with. We had so much fun! She was being cute and funny and just adorable. She had an all American lunch of a hamburger, fries, and "DIP" (ketchup)

She is now napping and tonight, Sean is going to a birthday party, and they are doing this surfing thing at the store "Adrenalina". It's at International Mall who has a KILLER play area. So, we're gonna go watch Sean "surf" and play at the play area and probably eat at Chick Fil A. It will be fun!!

It's been a wonderful year with Leeza as a Floridian. She keeps us on our toes, and we are very enchanted with our beauty from Kazakhstan. :)



7 comments:

Julian and Sara said...

Wow!

Or inverted that would read "Mom".

Congratulations to all the Serra clan. Especially to Ms. Leeza - a true Floridian if ever there was one.

Kim said...

I loved seeing the way she has changed in the pictures. What a dollbaby she is. You are a blessed family and she is so blessed to have you! Enjoy the reminiscing of the whole Kaz adventure. It still seems surreal to me. Almost like Lindsay has just always been with us and we didn't even go to Kaz sometimes. It's hard to believe we are about to complete our 2 yr post placement report. Time is flying by with our girls. Glad we are enjoying every little moment with our daughters!

marsrob said...

one year!!! WHOA! And what a transformation in just one year. INCREDIBLE.

Unknown said...

I haven't checked in on blogs in ages (just transferring links to a new computer) and what a day to check in. I had tears in my eyes while reading this. One year! Who would have thought it would go by so quickly! I so want to see you all in person. Hopefully, this next year will bring visits to Florida and maybe Maine (hmmm?). Right now I'm thinking of our outings to the markets in Kostanai and how amazed I was at Leeza's ability to sleep through our shopping excursions. She loved her Ergo! She is a beauty! Congratulations! xo

Joby and Marla said...

Precious, precious, Leeza is precious!!!!

Time flies when you are having fun or in Leeza's case, changing clothes.... To the best dressed gal in Florida, you are beautiful!!!!

Congrats on being home for a year!!!!

kitzkazventure said...

Wow,she has grown and the hair is getting long.....french braids and pigtails are in your future, I can tell! ;) She is just such a beauty!

Happy one year home anniversary! Such a sweet time to "remember" everything that happened, isn't it! :)

qmiller said...

What a wonderful year you have chronicled...such a beautiful daughter! I can certainly relate to the fiercely independent description..fits my Kaz cutie to a T! Congratulations on your year together---
Quaintance
Mom to Madina