Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Costume Option Number 3 and Sean's costume



The warm front has arrived in Florida..it was muggy muggy HOT HOT AND HUMID this morning at 5 am for my run. I arrived home soggy, sweaty, and disappointed that this is REALLY the week of Halloween and it's a FREAKIN SAUNA!
So...there is NO WAY I can make Leeza wear her Elmo costume. It's gonna be tooooooo hot! She loves it, but she won't want to keep it on.

We had our Kindermusic class/Halloween party today so she was going to go as surfer girl..when I remembered a ballerina/princess/fairy costume we had in the closet that she received as a Christmas gift last year from my parents. I also happen to have a matching purse that I found perusing Ebay last spring..PERFECT!






Kindermusic was fun. They got to paint a wooden Halloween magnet (she picked a witch), eat a Halloween cookie (which she crumbled all over the floor), and get Halloween stamps, (always a hit) and then they got a goody bag with a lollipop in it.

Here she is after class with her lollipop, which her STUPID MOTHER let her eat in the car, where she kept sticking it all over her legs and arms just to annoy me because she could. You'd think I would not continually be outsmarted by my precocious lil 2 year old. {sigh}









You'd think I'd be smarter because I gave her a chapstick for her purse on the way to class and she DECIMATED it all over her hands. {insert double sigh here}

Anyway...I like this last option. It's cool, cute, and very "Leeza-esque" in it's pink finery. She has a Halloween parade at school on Friday and I think she will be the belle of the ball. She won't wear wings or a tiara, which is fine, it's still cute!!


Yay!! Halloween dilemma solved!! Just call me Nancy Drew!

Here is Sean's costume..can you guess what he is? He is a Taliban member. The hat, scarf and jacket are from Afghanstan..a gift from a friend. He thinks he is too cool with his fake cigarette. He also has a gun (not pictured). He won 3rd place in the costume contest Sunday night in the youth group at church. I think he will end up losing everything but the hat cuz he will most defintely sweat to death in this African heat we're having.




2 comments:

Jstar said...

Hilarious! I'm definitely going to enjoy our little Ewok while it lasts because I expect that we'll have a fairy princess ballerina next year :)

Trudi said...

Sean made me laugh hysterically. What a ham. I just love boys that age. They are great and he is the best.