Tuesday, October 6, 2009

25 months old (2 years plus 1 month!!)


Elmo bow? CHECK!!
Elmo shirt? CHECK!!
Elmo socks? CHECK!!
Elmo shoes? CHECK!

and of course we have on Elmo undies. ELMO STILL RULES! Elmo Live-the show-is in 2 weeks. I think you will LOVE IT! We watch Elmo BOO everyday!!






I have to say, I really love 2 year olds. I LOVE THIS AGE!!

We are now "one month in" to the fabulous age of 2. Leeza is talking so much more, and saying more words everyday...stringing sentences together that crack me up.

Every morning when you wake up (your "normal" wake up time is 9), you say Daddy home? I say, no...Where is Daddy? You reply "Daddy work",then you ask Sean home? Again I answer...No...where is Sean? Sean SCHOOL" you proudly reply.

Recently, you took your butterfly toy off you"r high chair and threw it on the floor and looked at us and said "Leeza in trouble..Mommy say Leeza TROUBLE"....LOL

When I ask you a question, instead of yes, you say "sure", but it sounds like "shore" without the R. I told her that we are fixin to go see Mimi (my mom) in Dallas and that she should say "yes ma'm". I said, can you say "yes m'am" and she looked at me and said "No m'am".

You are addicted to my chapstick. When she sees I am otherwise occupied, she runs into my room and gets my chapstick out of my makeup bag. The other day I found her with 4 chapsticks (yes, maybe I am addicted to chapstick too..LOL)

I am having so much fun teaching you about Halloween. We have a few books,and of course, you have several Halloween shirts, bows,and outfits. You love pumpkins, and call them "puppies". At Kindermusic, you were telling Jackson that you had a "puppy shirt" on,and ointed to your shirt, then you said "eeza's JEANS" AND showed him your jeans", then you pointed out the bear on his shirt, and the mouse (Mickey) and pooh bear on his crocs, then the flowers on his Nana's shirt. You are really noticing what you wear and what other people wear.

You are just full of "joie de vivre"


You really love your brother. You love going to watch him play "hutball" (Leeza speak for football) Yesterday, your forgetful brother forgot his lunch (middle school boys forget a lot of crap!!) so, being the nice mommy and sister we are, we took it to him. We pulled up to school and you said "hutball, Sean HUTBALL?"

You were SO excited to see Sean and eat lunch with him. All the girls swarmed around you like you were cat's meow. :) I have to agree, you are pretty darn adorable!!











Your swimming continues to come along-you grow more confident everyday. I love watching you swim. You are getting faster and faster as you grow more confident. You gallop all the time..you have mad energy and that is why I have to keep you so busy. I really think swim team is in your future!


You are doing great in preschool. It's been an easy adjustment for you. You walk in and don't look back at me anymore. Every morning we have the same conversation on the way to school...about what you're going to do at school, what is mommy gonna do (WALK, you say, FOLLOWED BY MOMMY SWEATY!!) and how Leeza will go pee pee in the potty. :)

You have started to tell us we're mean. On our "Gotcha day" anniversary, we were walking to the car after spending 2 hours at Pier 60 playing on the playground and watching the sunset. You wanted to "gallop" thru the parking lot and there were cars pulling out everywhere. I picked you up and told you no...too many cars. You said "Mommy mean, Daddy mean", then for good measure, added "Sean mean", and he wasn't even there. :) YOU ARE HILARIOUS!

YOU LOVE BOOKS! The other night I decided to count how many we read before bedtime (and that did not include the ones we read during the day) and we stopped at 17. You wanted more but mommy's eyes were falling asleep. :)

You love to go the park and ride the train. I love taking you..the train goes the first full weekend of every month.I used to take Sean, aka, THOMAS THE TRAIN FREAK, when he was little. You come home and tell Daddy about it. "train-tunnel. Train-water" then you wave to show him how we wave when we saw other trains pass by. It's really cute. We have to wait in line, and you are getting much more patient and less of a pita while we wait. You are in love with these kid statues and always have to show them love when we walk by them. You were totally making out with them..weirdo. :)










1 comment:

Lori @ Five of My Own said...

Another great update. You are such a good mommy to do this every month. There will be no doubt in Leeza's mind that she was cherished by you.