Saturday, February 12, 2011

Happy Leeza




Oh my gosh, I love this girl. We went thru such an awful behavioral phase with sleep issues a few weeks ago, and I was so distraught. However, I think a lot of that was due to a massive growth spurt because lately (and I am not delusional, I know she's not perfect), she has been so sweet and perceptive and just downright adorable. I am amazed at her conversational skills and her memory and her vocabulary. She is not always sweet, but she has a fun quirky lil personality and she's just FUN to be around. Yesterday at Busch Gardens, she was running and GROWLING like a lion. She scared this lil boy who looked at her like she was a freak while he held tight onto his mom's hand. :) That's ok Leeza-your mom isn't what others call normal either. :)

One example of the growth I've noticed. The other night, she wanted an english muffin, and ate the whole thing. Then she ate a bunch of triscuits and laughing cow cheese, and asked for another English muffin. I made it for her and 20 minutes went by and she's eating more triscuits with laughing cow and no english muffin. I took a bite and she got MAD and told me "Mommy, do not eat my dinner or I will get VERY ANGRY WITH YOU". I apolgized and told her that she wasn't eating it, so I took a bite and I was sorry. Fifteen more minutes, more triscuits, so yeah, MAYBE Mommy is a pig and took a few more bites, and the next thing I knew half of the english muffin was GONE. Clearly, Mommy has no food boundaries and no manners either. Leeza noticed and said 'MOMMY, I TOLD YOU I WAS GOING TO GET ANGRY IF YOU ATE MY ENLIGH MUFFIN". I said, "yes, i know, but you weren't eating it and it was getting cold". Then she totally changes her angry voice and says "Well, ACTUALLY, MOMMY, I think you were probably very hungry, and that is why you ate it. I am not angry anymore and i hope you are not hungry anymore. I will share with you!"

I mean, seriously, I'm a horrid mom for eating her food, when she asked me not too, yet she forgives me and shares, though she had every right to be "angry". I love how she was in touch with her feelings. It will no doubt help her in therapy later.

Growl away Leeza-scare off those boys. :)
Here are a couple pics from our really fun day at Busch Gardens. No stroller either-she walked a LONG way. It's my new "wear the kid out" strategy. :)






1 comment:

Kelly and Sne said...

Grrrrrl power! It is probably the first of many times she will scare the boys!