Thursday, September 24, 2009

Preschool Picture Day!!


Today was preschool picture day, so, OF COURSE, Ms. Leeza has to have a "school themed" dress, and I found a PRECIOUS one on ebay for like $7.95, and it matches her Elmo shoes perfectly, AND, she just happened to have an apple lil hair clippy. She looked SO adorable!! I was so bummed when I realized that my camera battery was DEAD (from constantly videoing her swimming lessons) so THANK GOODNESS the iphone takes a decent photo!

We got to school, and Leeza gallops in the door, in Leeza Pixie Fairy elf fashion, dragging her Elmo backpack behind her. She was so excited to get in her class, she just left me standing there! I am glad she is now so excited to come to school!
The teachers said I could go down with her for pictures, so she seemed a lil bummed when I asked her to come with me. I got a look like "um, Mom, I'm at school now, you can go walking".

She sat on a table, with book props and a globe. She kept calling the globe a ball and she accidentally knocked it over on the floor. :) She was not really cooperating looking up at the camera (she is a real pita to take pictures of) UNTIL the magic photographer lady brought out ELMO! God love Elmo!! She says she got some cute shots, all with Elmo on Leeza's lap. BUT HEY-he matched her dress, and her shoes...and having Elmo in the picture makes perfect sense for her preschool photo so we'll ALWAYS remember Leeza's first love!

It's pretty funny because I guess my 2 years working in the Boutique at Steinmart are coming into play as I take on the serious position of Leeza's "toddler stylist".
Her teachers told me they are always excited to see what cute ensemble Leeza has on each day, and her Kindermusic teacher since last year (we just started up again) ALWAYS comments on Leeza's outfits and how she never wears a thing twice. SO YIKES..THE PRESSURE IS ON! Truth be told, I do have a lot of fun dressing Leeza, and I am very well aware that I should cherish this time while she will let me dress her in whatever I want. I look back at sweet pictures of lil Sean with his cords and sweater vests , and while I am saying "ooh you were so sweet" he is saying 'MOM-YOU USED TO DRESS ME SO GAY!! Sean is now seen in shorts and oversized t-shirts-not the best look for his fashion forwarded minded mom..but hey..I HAVE MY LEEZA!










While preschool has been wonderful for Leeza, I am using the 3 hours to train for the breast cancer 3 day walk..7 weeks from tomorrow! It is still SO HOT..98 degrees today...and even though I am really wanting to do other things, I'm proud to say I'm still getting my walk on. God love my iphone..I talk and do facebook and the 3 hours fly by! I know I bitch about the heat a lot (I just get really ready for fall in September and we still have summer temps), I do love Florida, just check out the view! It's nice to be able to look at the water, and nicer still that Leeza can still swim everyday in our unheated pool, but I would still love a cooler day!



3 comments:

Aaron and Julie said...

Love Leeza's dress :) Yes, have fun dressing ;) Boys are another story on that front. All I hear everyday is "Can I wear my CARS shirt again?? Please??" It is supposed to be 104 here tomorrow. Dang inland weather. I'm complaining with you on that one.

Kelly and Sne said...

That dress is adorable. What a cutie! I will say that I do make an attempt at trying to dress Miras "spiffy" for school. But Dad then puts him in these geeky outfits that don't match half the time. Sheesh. However, I don't worry too much about school photos as whenever I get Miras's proofs back, he has that same blank stare on his face that he had in his Kaz passport photo! Not a keeper!

At first I felt bad leaving a crying Miras at school but I secretly was happy that he was so sad to leave me.... But now he doesn't want to leave school at the end of the day and go home with me. That makes me sadder!

Amy, Jeff, LM, SC, & Ashton said...

great outfit, great fun, great cause, and great view!!