Sunday, September 20, 2009

Another Leezapooloza with Kazakh friends!






We feel SOOOOOOOOOO lucky to keep having the incredible opportunity to meet all these adorable girls born in Kazakhstan! Not ONLY is it amazing for Leeza, I LOVE it too, cuz now only do I really enjoy meeting these PRECIOUS children,but they have some COOL mommies too!!

Christy, from Minnesota, and her brilliant daughter, Zahria, came down to visit Sandi and Sandi drove up our way to visit her friend Julie, and see US too! I had followed Christy's blog since before she traveled for Zahria,and it was so SPECIAL to meet her "in real life". Of course, Zahria is even more beautiful than pictures can convey. She is a SUPER SMART 2 1/2 year old lil girl with an amazing disposition. Christy is such a calm, warm, loving influence and I LOVED getttig to know her!

Sandi and I keep in touch almost daily anyway,especially now that she joined our KazMama team for the 3 day walk. Finley gets more beautiful everyday! She just takes your breath away! I met the girls at the beach on Saturday, then they came over for dinner at Leeza's house last night. Finley was too tired so Julie sweetly offered to stay home with Finley. We missed her, but the girls had fun eating dinner and playing together while the Mama's enjoyed lasanga, salad,and wine. :)

At one point, Zahria asked to play with the playdough, but her mom asked her to please find another toy. Well, Zahria, being a smart cookie, went and found Sean, so Sean played playdough with the girls. It was so cute!

While the girls were eating, Leeza kept taking bites of Zahria's food, so Zahria kept taking bites of Leeza's food. Zahria was wearing Leeza's Abbey Cadabby bib and Leeza kept pointing to it saying "Abby" and Zahria kept saying "No, Me Zahria"
It was hysterical!

I feel so incredibly blessed to be able top meet all these amazing, beautiful and intelligent children from Kazakhstan. Their mom's sure ROCK TOO! :)










5 comments:

Karen said...

I couldn't agree with you more—your girls are gorgeous—and look how much Leeza's hair has grown. I can't believe how many Kazamommies and kiddos I've met over the past couple of years. (And I haven't even been to Kazapalooza yet.) Life is good.

Tricia said...

So awesome! I just went to a baby shower yesterday and was talking to a woman who had adopted years ago through Catholic charities. She was telling me how she had a group of women that she would get together with who had also adopted from Catholic charities. She was telling me that I should look for a group like that, it is such good support. I filled her in on the awesome community of people I have met and close friends I have made through Kaz adoption and how blessed I feel. I know how blessed you are, Susan ;)

Tricia said...

P.S. I LOVE that Landshark beer photo of Finley! Before Sandi knows it Finley will be meeting her friends for beer at Downtown Disney :)

John & Jenny Morgan said...

I was checking your blog, and Roxana came in and said, "No! That's my bathing suit. Put your clothes back on." She and Zahria have the same bathing suit.

Maybe we can attend the next Leezapalooza! Glad you had fun!

dnd82001 said...

Too cute and yes little Leezas hair is getting long and filling in. Happy to see little Finley - Sandi where are your updates?!?!

Great that you guys get to meet & spent time together.

Darlene