Thursday, September 10, 2009

Leeza's preschool debut!






Leeza turned 2 on the 5th, so, she is now "allowed" to start preschool! She did go to orientation on August 24th (3 weeks ago) and that went well, so I was hopeful that she would have a good time.









I was suprisingly emotional driving her to school, talking about how Leeza was SUCH A BIG GIRL, and now that she is 2, she gets to go to school and meet new friends,and how mommy was going to go for a walk, and then come back and she could go swimming with Emily! She seemed pretty down with that! I had to wake her up at 7 since Joe is traveling this week and we had to take Sean to school.







She wakes up so happy, and once we got home, she goes and sits her in her Daddy's chair, grabs the remote, and says "Mommy, ELMO, and WAFFLE". Well, OK MISS BOSSY! Yes-it's time for YOU to go to preschool. Of course, Mommy fixed her nutragrain waffle and served it right up on a Sesame street plate,where Leeza gave bites to Big Bird and Elmo too. :) She likes her waffles plain, with just a lil spray butter, JUST LIKE MOMMY!

I know she will love it, plus, I know she needs it! It's so important to me that she learns social skills and how to get a long with other kids her age, WITHOUT MOMMY around! Plus, I am using the 3 hours to train for the 3 day walk in November. So, once I dropped off Ms. Leeza, I just left my car at preschool and walked down towards the beach! It was really hard to get pictures, cuz she was so into checking it all out, plus she loves to aggravate me and not look at the camera, PLUS, I also knew I needed to get OUTTA DODGE so she could focus and I didn't want to be one of those "hovering parents". :) She got a lil bit winey but then she got engaged really quickly which made it much easier for me to make my escape! The other kids started 2 weeks ago but Leeza had to wait until she turned 2. There is another lil girl starting the 20th who turns 2 the 17th, so Leeza won't be the youngest, so I felt good about that. The teacher said that Leeza is a taller girl and the other girl still has a real baby look about her. Of course, Leeza looks 16 already. :)







I had a very nice 3 hour walk, and it really FLEW by! It also got really hot out! I'm excited to use this preschool time to train, and once the walk is over, I am going back to yoga class!! YES!!

Leeza's teachers reported that she had a very good first day. She went pee pee in the potty (this was huge-I was worried cuz she is used to only going for ME!), and she went once to the door and wined for "Mommy", but no tears. Her challenges were with the structure (sitting for snack, staying in circle time, etc) but I expected that. She does not do those well at Gymoboree or Kindermusic either, but she has improved a bunch from where she was. That is another reason we're in preschool! :)

Namaste...a more peaceful and stretched mother,(after the 3 day training-until then, a well trained 3 day walker!!) and hopefully a more socially aware toddler. It sounds like a win-win for everyone! Of course, the middle schooler now has all the answers, and knows everything-so if anyone has any questions, just ask Sean. :)

8 comments:

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

What a great update! Way to go, Leeza! You are so amazing, Susan -- using your 3 hours for "you time", but really in order to raise money for such an important cause. Simply awesome.

Kim said...

Well first of all that picture of Sean in the car shows me that he is perfecting his middle school expression just like my son! They are just too cool for us.
Leeza seems like she will do great in her class. I agree, she is tall for her age. The classroom looks so inviting and age appropriate for her too. That's just my 2 cents since I'm a teacher. Hope each day just gets better & better for her.

JennStar said...

Love it! She is such a cutie pie! Glad that school went well. And yes, good for you to use your "free" time "wisely!" hehe

Gretchen said...

Of course she did fantastic on her first day of school. Her outfit is too cute! She looks like such a big girl. That time does go so fast when they are school.

dnd82001 said...

Great for Leeza and great for Mom.

Darlene

Unknown said...

Leeza looks so beautiful in yellow. Most people can't wear it, but man is it a great color on her!
Glad everyone had a wonderful day!

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad to hear she had a great first day! And how cool is that, that you're able to just leave the car in the parking lot and go for walks? Awesome! Definitely win-win like you said.

Amy, Jeff, LM, SC, & Ashton said...

what an amazing week lil girl has had!! no doubt all that confidence and "can do" attitude came from the unconditional love and enthusiasm directed at her from her wonderful mom and family!!
what a total cutie!!!