Tuesday, September 22, 2009

can't sit still at circle time but i can swim!

We went to the library for story time today since Leeza is so "challenged" at preschool with circle time. Well, as indicated by the only child there who was galloping and doing laps in the back of the room, she is challenged by story time too. :) She kept trying to climb on the stage behind the story time lady. I think she found the story boring. I was a lil frustrated, but we get home and Leeza swims solid for 40 minutes. She amazes me..she can swim almost the entire length of the pool without taking a breath, and she is doing so great at staying on top of the water. I LOVE watching her swim. I think swim team may very well be the ticket for this high energy, obviously somewhat athletic lil girl. She is learning to pull her her head up for a breath too. I took 21 small videos because now all of her lessons have her SWIMMING and doing great things. I am SO so glad I have stuck with it-Swimming is HER thing PLUS it wears her OUT!

2 comments:

wilisons said...

Do you have time for a short swim before storytime and/or pre-school. That might help her have less wiggles when she is being asked to sit.

Shanna
mom to Tamar who still doesn't sit in school (she is always standing to do her 1st grade work)
and to Libby who does great with sitting at circle time in the 2s

Tricia said...

Shanna has a great idea there!