Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Pretty girls wear BOWS!




I have been working with Leeza on how important it is for girls to accessorize. She, of course, pulls her hats off, and pulls her bows out, and forget about sunglasses. However-a couple weeks ago I kept putting the hat that matched her outfit on and telling her how "pretty girls wear hats". She ran to the mirror to check her sassy self out and I said, "SEE! PRETTY GIRLS WEAR HATS!" and low and behold, she kept her hat on. I'm cracking up that she knows what a pretty girl is...but she sure enough does! She did a good job of keeping her sunglasses on when we went to the beach too-but maybe because it was so bright outside.

While we were out and about yesterday, we had 2 Grandma's ask us if Leeza was a BOY. C'MON! Granted, she was in the ergo, but she had on a dress, and her earrings and her bracelet....but we still get many boy comments. I decided to try the "Pretty girls wear bows" strategy since it worked with the hat. After repeating our new mantra SEVERAL times and putting it back in her hair each time she ripped it out, WHOA, she decided to leave it in. She wore one yesterday, and today to kindermusic (but she had to take it out halfway thru class). I was trying to get pictures of her and was chasing her around the house. She is getting really adept at dodging the photographer. I guess I need to tell her.."Pretty girls let their mom's take their pictures" and I should probably also use other words than "pretty" because I don't want a vain, shallow daughter on my hands.....but at least I will have a vain, shallow daughter who wears hats, and bows, and lets me take her picture.

NEXT ON THE AGENDA: SUNGLASSES! Smart girls wear sunglasses!! Yes-that is the next lesson in the life of Leeza. Stay tuned...



And, our next American Idol sings..."Girls that are wise...learn to accessorize"

Oh you know if a girl is wise
She will learn to accessorize

My mommy taught me this I know
Please check out my pretty bow!!





10 comments:

Kim said...

Leeza is just precious! I have been reading your blog for a while and just wanted to say hi! We are in Florida too and have been home from Kaz 1 year this week with our little Lindsay. Enjoy the girlie things- I have an older son as well and can't believe I have a daughter now! Take care!

marsrob said...

Great photos and SO funny! I love the pretty girls thing!

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

So, not sure what's up with people thinking she is a boy, but how many people say she looks like Sean?? Am I the only person who thinks that?? Seriously, I think she looks more and more like him every day. Am I imagining things?!

They are both beautiful, amazing kids!

K.

Tricia said...

I still cannot get why people think she looks like a boy! I agree with Karen. Before I read her comment, I had the same thought about Leeza looking like Sean. Maybe she is picking up his mannerisms. So cute!

Jennifer said...

What a cutie!! The bow looks really good on her. Some day she'll realize that! :-)

And with you as a mom, there is NO WAY she will be anything short of beauitful! (Unlike my poor child in stained, uni-gender clothes, no accessories, and mud under the fingernails! lol! Alas, no fashion sense in me.)

Karen said...

Alas, I never learned to accessorize. It's probably a blessing I have a boy. LOL

There is no way Leeza could ever pass for a boy. Those grannies need to have their eyes (and heads) examined.

Kristan and Mark said...

Every time Sadie ripped it out, I put it right back in, sometimes it felt like 100 times a day. Now she's pretty good about leaving them in.

I don't know where Sadie's cuteness went in those first pictures with Leeza. I think that's when she was still in grump mode after waking up. Funny.

We are headed to my dad's tomorrow. I've jumped on the computer a couple times here and there today. I haven't checked on condos yet, but i'm gonna during my next break.

John & Jenny Morgan said...

She is a pretty girl - that's for sure!

Out of curiosity, how does one accessorize jeans and a 15-year-old t-shirt and flip flops? Heck, I'll just put a bow in my hair. That'll look great, don't you think? :)

Thad and Ann said...

they must be blind cause I have never seen Leeza looking like a boy! She is always adorable & girly! :)

baby bows said...

She's too pretty to look like a boy! The bow looks really good on her. I love her pictures! Nice shots!