Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy Nauryz!! (or Nauriz)-Spring is HERE!


Happy Happy Nauryz everyone!!! Today is the first day of spring! I think this is such a cool holiday to celebrate...Kazakhstan got it right! My favorite thing about spring is all the FUN SPRING FASHIONS! (Imagine that!)
Of course, have I gone shopping for MYSELF for any of these great new clothes?
OF COURSE NOT!






I can no longer afford to buy clothes for myself, because no one looks at me anyway. They're too busy looking at the blond bombshell of a daughter who is with me everywhere I go. :)






The best thing though, about this holiday, is the suprise the kiddo's at the Dolphin baby house in Kostanai will have today, courtesy of all the donations made thru Two Hearts for Hope! We were able to wire the lovely Tatiana several thousand tenge thru generous donations given thru Two Hearts so that she could "get her shop" on for the kids at the baby house. She went with the head teacher, and Ivan, and they purchased tricyles, a new spring wardrobe for the kids, books, puzzles, toys, and musical instruments. They will be presented to the kids today. I can't wait to see the pictures.

I am so incredibly grateful for being involved in such a fantastic organization that truly does everything they can to give back to the orphans of Kazakhstan. The Kazakhstan adoption community is the most incredible group of people-I never ever imagined all the support and all the new friendships I've made-all because of our journey to Leeza! I feel incredibly blessed and I am so grateful for all the wonderful Kaz adoptive parents that we've gotten the chance to know and love! Not only did we get to add our cherished baby to our family, but we were all forever changed by our trip to Kazakhstan,and the people we continue to meet now that we're home (for 5 months as of tomorrow, wow!!)

Here are only a few of the things that Tatiana was able to purchase with the generous donations given thru Two Hearts for Hope. I am also incredibly blessed to have a continuing friendship with Tatiana, thru skype, and emails and facebook. She will ALWAYS and forever be a cherished friend and "Aunt Tatiana" for Leeza!

Take a look at what you can do thru www.twoheartsforhope.org!!

Here is an example of the adorable children that you are helping.

Can you guess who the last baby is standing in the crib?




Until these babies are adopted or picked up by their parents, let's give them a reason to smile...like Leeza is doing when Rustam's, daddy, Chris is holding her. This was back in June, a month and a half before we met our angel. She was waiting!!



Take a look at what you can do thru www.twoheartsforhope.org!!











6 comments:

Sandi said...

What a great post. Happy Nauryz!!! So happy that spring has sprung :) It is wonderful that the kids of Kostanai will celebrate in style today. THank you for all of your hard work and dedication.

Hugs.
Sandi

Our Family of Bloggers said...

Happy Nauryz! What a wonderful post. So great to see all of the wonderful things Two Hearts continues to do.
Great pictures. I especially love the one of your little blond bombshell picking her toes :-)
Happy Spring- feeling more like summer here.

Kelly and Sne said...

happy nauryz indeed!

Kristan and Mark said...

happy nauryz! looks like the kids in Kostani are having, well had a wonderful one too!

I'm all for a bushwacker Sunday night assuming we get there by 10ish. I'm hoping before that!!

I'll call you along the way.

Is Lori staying somewhere on disney?

That would suck if our kids don't get along. You know, it's just not an option, they HAVE too!!

And Leeza looks adorable in her blue and white top with white leggings!!

Jeannine said...

This is wonderful!

Happy Spring!!

Leesa said...

Yay!! I am so happy I was able to be a part of this. What a wonderful thing Two Hearts has been able to do for those children. Happy Nauryz indeed!!