Monday, March 9, 2009

18 month stats!




We had to go back to the doctor today to get Leeza's second round of shots. :(
I hate that for the little ones!
Our last doctor's appointment was 2 months prior, on January 7th, where she had some pretty rapid growth after being home a little over 2 months with a 5 lb weight gain. She is growing out of her clothes so I felt sure she'd gained another 5 lbs. She did grow an inch, she is now 31.5 inches long, where she was 30.5 inches long on January 7th, and she gained a pound and a half, going from 23.1 to 24.6. However, last time she was weighed "tutti nuddi", and this time she had on her diaper and her adorableness outfit (but we took the sandals off)! She still eats a ton but she also RUNS AROUND A TON! She is a smidge above the 50th percentile for height now and about the same on weight. I don't really concern myself too much with the "charts" because Sean was ALWAYS off the charts cuz he was so tiny and now he's a HUGE kid weighing in at 105 in 5th grade. :)

At Sean's school picnic she discovered peanut butter and jelly and LOVED IT! I am so glad she loves PB&J because it's an easy on the go kinda snack and is full of protein. She also LOVES chocolate milk (who doesn't?!)

I really like her doctor's office and they are all impressed with Leeza's development. It always takes me aback because she's "just Leeza" to us, but they're looking at her rapid development for growing up in the baby house for the first 13 months of her life. Of course, we think she is a mensa genius, but that's our perogative as her madly in love parents. :) When the doctor asked me if she was understanding us, I said, "oh, yes" and Leeza proudly showed off her mad skillz of knowing her earrings, and her pretty bracelet, her belly button, you know..all the important stuff a girl should know.

I put her in the cute lil shorts outfit (pictured) that came with a hat. She, of course, promptly THREW the hat off. I told her that ALL PRETTY GIRLS WEAR HATS. Wouldn't you know...she kept it the rest of the day pretty much. If she took it off, I'd just remind her how all pretty girls wear hats. HA! Maybe I can try that with the lil bows that she pulls out...




Love her gold sandals...God bless Target!

10 comments:

Lori @ Five of My Own said...

the top picture is stunning. Leeza eyes are so pretty-yellow is her color.


And Leeza, Mommy is right all pretty girls do where hats!

Kristan and Mark said...

wow, you were a blogging maniac while I was sick!!!

Love the pictures and all Leeza's adorable outfits!!!

I thought my life was busy, but girl you run circles around me, maybe even Sadie too (wink).

Ryan's jealous Sean gets to play spring football or is it considered winter football, I don't know but either way Ryan's jealous cause he has to wait until August. And those uniforms in August are brutal!!

Thank God for antibiotics! I'm hoping to finally get back to walking tomorrow, after more than a week of nothing, nada, not even a walk aroudn the block.

Your family is simply beautiful!

Trudi said...

she is SUCH a girl - I love her girlishness to bits. And she certainly has the perfect Mommy to teach her what all the pretty girls do :) I love her sandals too - almost as much as my Fit Flops.

I am with you on not worrying one bit about Miss Leeza's current stats. She is thriving.

Kristen (and Cary) said...

I love teh gold sandals. I'm glad she is doing so well with the groth. I can't wait to start feeding mine. Hopefully in a few hours they will be in my arms.

Joby and Marla said...

Leeza is a fashion diva for sure :)

It makes me jealous because boy clothes aren't cute at all!!!!

Patrick & Eileen said...

Isn't it nice to have a girly girl! It's what I love about Audrey too. Leeza is thriving and doing super.

Good to catch up and see how active Leeza is (including shopping as an activity)! Audrey just started Gymboree (Art) and playdates at the rec center. I haven't checked out "The Little Gym" yet.

Great photos!!
Eileen

Maddy said...

Hey Susan! It's Maddy from Crew =)

How did I not know you had this adorable little munchkin!? If you ever need a babysitter let me know because she looks like too much fun! haha

See ya Sunday!

ps- my blog is linked on here too if you wanna check it out. just baking and such =)

demarest6 said...

Maddy, love ya girl, but I am the resident baby-sitter! haha I am so blessed to see her almost everyday. The pictures capture her outward beauty, but her happiness lights up everyone around her. I know I say it everytime I blog in, but The Lord blessed you with the perfect child for YOU!!! xoxo

Karen said...

So glad to hear that Leeza is doing so well. But it doesn't surprise me, you guys simply dote on her. She's the luckiest little girl. It warms my heart to read your blog; it's always filled with whimsy and heart. You and Joe are awesome parents.

Kelly and Sne said...

Oh - she's getting big! It does seem like they have gained a ton between Dr appts but Miras too only gains a pound or two... It sure feels like more when you're carrying them around!

Very cute outfit!