Saturday, March 20, 2010

Momentous Occasion...

Leeza just WATCHED HER FIRST EVER DISNEY MOVIE! Actually, her first ever MOVIE...SNOW WHITE! Before it started, I asked her if she wanted a snack and she chose...AN APPLE!!

It pretty much kept her attention the whole time. I was impressed with her questions and the engagement we had during the movie. This is HUGE for her and her attention span. Perhaps,the trip to Disney Monday and Disney's Live show today is kickin in. :)

I hope so. I LOVE LOVE LOVE DISNEY!

In fact, she is now snuggled up with Jillian watching Mulan, which came on after Snow White on the Disney Channel. :)

What really cracked me up is Leeza's empathy for the evil witch, and how she kept asking if her head was ok cuz a big rock fell on it and gave her a "boo boo". It was quite sweet.

She was yelling at the TV..NO SNOW WHITE, DON'T EAT THAT APPLE!

I sure love this girl.

I have such great memories of watching Toy Story, Lion King, Lady and the Tramp, etc with Sean at 3 and 4. He wasn't too into princesses. I could care less if Leeza is ..just hope she likes the movies as much as I do.

:)

My heart is happy. I love my girl!!

Movie update on Sunday, March 3/21

It was a rainy Sunday and Leeza asked to watch Snow White again. I suggested another Disney movie, and chose Toy Story. She LOVED IT..sat in my lap all snuggly and we laughed and ate popcorn. After the movie was over, she got up and got Toy Story 2 out of the case and said, "and now this one"!!! wow, REALLY? She did not sit and watch it the whole time, but she defintely was interested in it and stayed fairly focused.
I could not believe it! This is a REAL milestone for Leeza. She seems to have matured such a great deal since turning 2 1/2...she will watch the movies, talk about the movies, and shows such empathy for the characters. I know there are parents who don't let their kids watch tv or movies at all. I do not let Leeza watch tv all day long, but it was certainly a fun rainy day activity for us to do today. My baby girl is growin up!! :)

2 comments:

Kim said...

Glad she enjoyed Snow White since Lindsay didn't and was scared of the witch. Guess we'll stick to the Disney sing along videos. Leeza would like those too! She is a smartie for her age!

Amy, Jeff, LM, SC, & Ashton said...

what a great story -- I just love little Leeza's enthusiasm for all things in life -- and of course for her mom who adores her little gal! that must've been adorable and so much fun just watching her have fun with Snow White!! :)