Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Kitty boots to Spiderman....












As Leeza gets closer to 2 1/2 (this coming Friday, 3/5!), her lil personality is really starting to show itself. She is HILARIOUS! She is starting to get her own opinion on the clothes and shoes she wants to wear (oh no!!!) and she is diggin her "Kitty boots" she picked out at Target. She steps into them like a fireman. :) Suprisingly, they really do look cute with everything and she gets lots of compliments on them as well. :)

Yesterday was chilly and cloudy, so after naptime, we went to the mall to ride the train. She was actually a delight at the mall. She wanted to go into Children's Place (I so love that store) and took me by the hand. She loved trying on the hats. She wanted to try a headband on and then she put the hat on top if it. I told her that you don't wear a HAT and a HEADBAND and of course she asked "why" and I told her that the headband wouldn't show, so you just wear one, not both. :)

We went into Old Navy and found two REALLY cute "tankini's" for the summer. I am SO ready for her to start swimming again. She wanted the pink jelly's, but seven's are too small and eights are HUGE, so we'll have to wait on those. She spied a Spiderman and Oscar the grouch t-shirt and REALLY wanted them. I told her those were BOYS shirts and for babies (they only had small sizes, THANK GOODNESS!) and she told me, 'Eeza likes Spiderman and Oscar'. Yes, that's fine, I will find you some JAMMIES with Spidey and Oscar but no way honey, boys have limited choices, you have vast choices..no BOY TSHIRTS as long as I can avoid it! :)

She still has her 2 year old moments, but mostly we had a really fun time. I just love having conversations with her and love watching her "Joie de vivre".
Though, I do sometimes wish for the sweet compliant children I see who always wait their turn nicely at gymnastics, never seem to assert their opinion, I clearly don't have THAT kind of girl on my hands. She always straigtens her sassy lil act up when I tell her we're leaving and carry her halfway to the door. She then says "EEZA NICE NOW, EEZA STAY AT GYMNASTICKS"....ooh ok, then. :)







1 comment:

Amy, Jeff, LM, SC, & Ashton said...

great post! isn't the ability to have conversations w/ them incredible?? as they are better able to express themselves, it is really cool to hear their take on life... and astounding sometimes how "unbiased, clear, and accurate" it is -- :) she looks amazing! how are you not going to want to bring home another when you go next month???