Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Leeza's first haircut!!


Leeza got her first haircut yesterday, even though I didn't think she had enough hair to cut yet. Her lil curl in the back is gone...SADNESS!
However, Amber,my wonderful hairstylist and friend, assured me that by trimming her hair, it will help it grow in thicker and quicker.

Leeza has been with me to get my haircut a couple times, so she knows the score. She was oh so anxious for her turn. She was so into it-sat on my lap like a princess and never shed a tear. I seem to recall Sean pitchin a hissy for his first haircut, and actually, every single haircut since. He screamed all the way to the barber until he was like 5...and I'm not even lyin. He still doesn't like to get his haircut, BUT, he does really like Amber so he will let her cut his hair because she is good and makes him look cool. Sean hated his hair cut and his fingernails cut-STILL DOES. Joe always used to tell him that "he hated to be groomed."

However, Leeza LOVES to be groomed. She holds her lil hand out like she's getting a manicure when I cut her nails, and she loved getting her haircut. It cracks me up-I do realize I am going to have my hands full with this one, but hopefully I won't have to beg her to take showers and comb her her like I do with her brother....






All done!! My favorite curl..ALL GONE! Let's hope Amber is right and it grows back even thicker. However, rest assured, I love my lil diva, with or without her luscious locks. :)


10 comments:

Kristan and Mark said...

Sadie has only had one hair cut and she is desperate need of one. It's looking raggedy. Adn mine is too so we need to make the trip hopefully next week as my hairdresser only works one day a week so that does not make it easy!!

You both look beautiful sitting in that chair. I definitely se a resemblence between you girls.

We are gonna have to stay breast friends cause so we can survive while raising our divas, who have both quickly surpassed the princess title. LOL!!

Yesterday, Sadie took the rice bowl while I was warming up some chili for us and took it to her kitchen. All without me noticing of course. Then she proudly walks in the kitchen with two of her bowls and says food mommy, sit, eat. I said where did you get that? She took me to her kitchen where the rice was being "warmed up" on her stove with a spoon in it (with rice all over the place of course). She was so proud I couldn't get on to her, except to say thanks Sadie but food stays in mommy's kitchen~

Anyway, I digress.....her curls will grow back befor you know it, but I would have been sad too as they cut it away. But she's a beauty, curls or not!

Gretchen said...

I see a long and bright future filled with mini mani/pedis with your adorable daughter. How cute!

Lori @ Five of My Own said...

Oh my gosh I will be a puddle when I have to cut nina's curls. I hope you saved Leeza's lovely lock.

Joby and Marla said...

Kobe has already had one haircut & is going back for his second one next week. I think blonde hair must grow slower. My mom had to tape a bow in my hair until I was about 3 :)
My friend cuts Kobe's hair & she said it is like your first dentist visit. If it is a good experience, then the next one will be okay but if the first one is a bad experience then trouble will follow every time. Kobe loves to sit in her chair but I forgot my camera the last time. We did keep the hair!!!!

Everyone was calling Kobe a girl & Joby was getting irate. I thought it was funny!!!!!

Karen said...

Ahhh, all those milestones. She's such a pretty girl, curl or not. Garrett's hair grows back so fast that he could probably use a haircut every month. It's pretty because he had a buzz cut at the big O.

Baby Kaz Moore said...

So sweet!!!! Great photos and certainly, a great memory. Take care.

John & Jenny Morgan said...

Awww, I'm sad to see her little curl is gone, but I hope many, adorable curls grow in its place soon.

Kelly and Sne said...

She's practicing for her many days to come relaxing at the spaaaah!

Julian and Sara said...

You are both gorgeous! :) Love the photos.

Patrick & Eileen said...

I've been holding off on getting Audrey's haircut. But I am planning on taking her in this week. Her hair has been curling *a little bit* and I'm going to hate cutting it off :(

Leeza took her first cut very well. Very cute!!

Eileen