Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My "Perfect" Toddler



This is what happens when Leeza is told "No"! As you can see, she is not a fan.

Leeza FINALLY got her meet her favorite Aunt Sandi last Sunday, when we got together with Shannon and Alexa over in Shannon's neck of the woods. We went to lunch, then to the park. Leeza was throwing her toys out of her high chair at lunch and pitchin a mini hissy. Sandi said, "It's a relief to see she is not perfect!"
So, I thought I should share a "not so perfect" Leeza moment so that when she goes back to read her blog, that she will see that she is not ALL angelic, ALL the time,and to let her dear blog readers know the same. :)




Leeza at the park wearing the ADORABLE outfit that Shannon and Alexa gave her..thanks guys!!!








Leeza is a pretty fun lil gal to hang out with, and is mostly happy. She DOES NOT care for it one bit when you don't let her do what she wants to do, which of course, all happen to be her FAVORITE activities. Those include going thru every cabinet not on lock down, playing in the dog and cats water and food bowls, stealing other children's snacks at the park, trying to rifle thru other women's purses at the play area at the mall, or steal other lil girls brand new build a bear's.





We were at the Gymboree store at the mall yesterday, because I got a 20% coupon for joing the Gymboree play group, plus they had that $10/$20 sale. Leeza is growing out of all her 12 month clothes, and even though she has a lot of 18 month old hand me downs, I wanted to buy her some too. :) So, as Mom is busy buying out the store, she wanted out of the ergo. I let her out and she was having fun climbing in and out of the chair and listening to their lil Gymboree tv show with music. Next thing I know, she is harrassing this poor lil 3 year old boy in his stroller, trying to swipe his goldfish and steal his milk. I grabbed her and his mom said, "OH, it's ok, I have extra. She's so cute!" I said, "well, thank you, but she just ate, and she needs to learn that it's not appropriate and take random strangers food.". Being cute doesn't give you that right..sorry Leeza Grace! As we were checking out, the nice sales lady commented how much Leeza looked like me. awwwww!





I took my 2 ton bag full of darling new clothes for the goldfish stealer down to the play area. She went off to play, but soon was wondering towards the benches and trying to pilfer women's purses. She tried to steal some scraggly looking kids stuffed animal out of his stroller, then tried to swipe this darling lil girls brand new build a bear she had just made. It was REALLY CUTE though...a bunny with pink shoes, so I admired her taste, but YOU CAN'T JUST DO THAT!

However, as imperfect as she may be, I love her more with each passing day. I have moments where she drives me insane (like this morning when she doused her "baby" in Miles water bowl and I caught her eating dog food), but then the next moment I am crazy in love with her. I realize that these toddler moments are fleeting..and all too soon she will be too old and too cool to hang out with her momma...so I am doing my best to relish every moment.

Here are some pics of her in some of her new duds...(but not any of the Gymboree ones yet)







15 comments:

Lori @ Five of My Own said...

OK a couple of things...

First how is it that all these kaz babies find there way to Leeza and you? How lucky!

Second how the heck did you get Leeza to try on all those outfits?

Last the "no" pictures are a riot. Glad we are not the only one dealing with that :)

Alysa said...

Way too cute! Glad the Florida "S's" were able to get together once again!

I'm just starting to "enjoy" some toddler moments. Definitely makes you appreciate the angelic ones that much more!

Trudi said...

awwwwwwww - she is SO cute even in her most stubborn moments, or those when she is trying to pilfer goldfish or buildabears. OF COURSE everything is hers, Momma! She looks darling in her new duds. Thanks for posting! I look forward to seeing the gymboree haul if she decides to continue modeling for us.

Karen said...

The Florida "s" girls now include Sleeza and Salexa. Shannon wrote me back on FB saying, Salexa sounds like a drug and Sleeza—as she put it, "we won't go there." Ha!

Another "s" mom to a g-man,
Seren

Thad and Ann said...

LOL! the no pic's are too funny.:) Leeza is adorable in her dresses! Makes me want a girl to play with. :)

Kristan and Mark said...

She looks adorable crying, pouting or smiling!

I'm telling you, Sadie and Leeza are soooo much a like it's not even funny. Man they would get in sooo much trouble together, but too bad we don't live close cause then they could get in trouble together while we drank our drink of choice and chit chatted.

When Ryan played football, practices were two hours. So we all the parents brought snacks for the kids not playing and ended up sharing them with each other. Then we would go to soccer and Sadie would run up to anyone she saw with snacks. It was so confusing why she could do this one place and not the other. Sadie is now the notorious beggar of snacks.

kitzkazventure said...

That is some cuteness! That last picture CRACKS me UP! She sounds alot like my niece. She would try on clothes all day if given the chance. She even changes Nick's clothes when visiting because well, just because?

All of those dresses are just smashing and she looks so sweet! :)

Kelly and Sne said...

Ah, yes, whatever the other kids have is always better than what you have - even if it's not or even if you don't have anything!

Miras has found the dog dishes fascinating for a while now - at least he seems to have learned that eating the dog food is a no-no. So instead he'll grab food one piece at a time and feed the dogs. I taught him to help me feed them - so perhaps you need to put little busy-body to work!

Good thing she is cute - really, the cutest!

Matthew Ruley said...

She is a walking fashion statement. LOVE her in her flip flops below, and your stories are so cute.

Our kids constantly - especially master Andrey - tries to take othet kids things like thier balls and bikes and motorcycles and other people;s cars.... And people offer things to him. The kids have to learn that they can't just take whatever they want...

Anyway, tough lessons to learn, and cute to watch when you;re not fearful you'll be arrested for stealing!

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

She is just so dang cut, it almost makes me want to have a girl. :-)

And, it is so good to hear that the S's are indeed together again. All is better with the world. I count down the days until that picture includes Sandi's daughter, too.

Love the posts!

Patrick & Eileen said...

She is just precious. I'm lovin'her wardrobe :) I'm jealous that ya'll are enjoying super weather enough for Leeza to wear such clothes. We're still in coats up here in VA!!

I love it that you said something that hit home with me. I love Audrey but at times I go insane. This is perfectly normal but it's nice to hear others admit it!!

xxoo Eileen

Kim said...

Oh my god in heaven, those outfits are adorable! Not to mention the model is pretty cute too! :) You are a shopaholic!

Joby and Marla said...

Leeza sounds so much like Kobe :) He is a happy boy most of the time especially if we are going & visiting with people. He is very unhappy when he hears the word NO. It seems like I say it 100 times each hour.

Kobe hasn't started eating the dog food yet but he crouches over their bowl & pretends he is eating. He also takes his stuffed animals & puts them in his mouth & shakes them just like he has seen the dogs. He thinks he is one of the dogs & one of my dogs thinks she is a person.
What a family!!!!!!!

Kjersten, Steve, Aitugan & Nurai said...

It's great to see that Leeza finally got to meet Sandi! I love how both Leeza and Alexa have their bellies showing in the photo where Sandi is holding them. : )

Leeza sure does have personality! She's super adorable even when she has a fit when she's told 'no'. Love her outfits too. It will still be quite sometime until Tougy's going to get to put anything like that on. *sigh* oh well.

We will have to work on our timing for a Florida trip. At this point it looks as though it's not going to happen this year. Timing for work doesn't look good the next few months for me, then we get close to possible Kaz travel again.

At least I'll see you in Phoenix (without the kids though : (

Julian and Sara said...

I LOVE those dresses that Leeza is modeling. Zoe has SO many hand me downs that I feel guilty buying anything for her - but sometimes it's nice to have a "new" outfit every now and then. I've been looking for fun play dresses since she usually ends up looking like a tomboy. I should take lessons from Leeza's wardrobe!