Saturday, February 21, 2009

Godzilla and the new "water and sand table"


One of Leeza's favorite new activities is to play in Miles' water bowl. She especially likes to drag things around from around the house to throw them in his water bowl. She has been found sitting in the water bowl, and of course, dumping it out on the floor. I hate to be the kind of mom who just says 'No, No, No, No" all DAY LONG, (but I am quickly becoming one!!) so I decided to get her one of those "water and sand tables" at Target. We have a nice screened in porch and the weather is perfect, so Sean and I put it together today. Leeza kept taking the pieces away and storing them in her laundry basket that she hauls around the house, containing various treasures such as a dog bone, some tights, some socks, some spice from the cabinet, and a sealed container of "Triple Greens" to help mommy get her veggies in.



Finally...we got the thing put together despite Leeza taking all the stuff. I am NOT putting sand in it because it will be way too messy and I don't need Benjamen (the cat) taking a poop in it either. I was going to put rice in it so she can play with that-but after watching her with the water, I don't think I am going do to rice and water TOGETHER. It will be ONE or the OTHER. We had to let her play topless because her shirt ended up sopping wet after about 5 minutes. So, hope no one is offended by the "topless toddler". :)



Sean was CRACKING ME UP. He says Leeza is too young for it and that is why it says for "ages 2 and up" on the box. She only wants to splash in it and let water of the drain and splash in the puddles. Frankly..I DON'T CARE if she splashes or lets the water out. Frankly, it keeps her entertained and she's OUTSIDE. However, she got smart and started dragging her laundry basket around adding stuff to it, then taking all kinds of NEW treasures to dump in the water...like the tights, the socks, etc. I don't really want that kind of stuff in there, so I gave her some measuring cups and stuff. She had a blast-and she is now down for a nap.







I had to take some video of her and Sean-he called her Godzilla, destroying New York City. He can be such a punk at times-but then he makes up for it by cracking me up and entertaining his sister. Miles also likes the table because he drinks out of it, as did Leeza. They are now "saliva siblings"


11 comments:

Kelly and Sne said...

That's a great idea but we'll have to wait a few more months for water play here! Miras has been obsessed with the dog's water dish for awhile now. At least he knows now that it's off limits and will only get into it when he is purposely trying to be naughty.

Tricia said...

Looks like fun!

John & Jenny Morgan said...

It's funny that Leeza has on no shirt but has on earrings and a bracelet!

Sean seems to be having as much fun with the table as Leeza. (The table is made for kids two and up, after all!)

Anonymous said...

The boys have that water and sand table, a gift from my MIL when we moved to TN. We quickly learned never to mix water and sand. We went with sand. Awful. :-)

Jennifer said...

It sounds like you have your hands FULL with this one! lol!!

Isn't it amazing how she's just attracted to ANY bit of water- even ice cube puddles!

I was walking across a parking lot hand-in-hand with Gigi today, and I said, "Let's jump over the puddle." What did she do? She jumped RIGHT in and then stomped!

Gretchen said...

Our boys love their sand table. We put it outside in the backyard. I had both sand and water but hated having to either strip them down so we took out the water. Looks like she has so much fun with it. :)

Kristan and Mark said...

Perfect!!! and how much fun is she having and Sean too I might add. Priceless!

And when the time comes to switch out the water, use beans. We let Sadie use rice in her kitchen and it was a mess so we switched to beans. still a mess, but not quite as much so!

Jeannine said...

Too cute!

dnd82001 said...

Catching up and yes you certainly have the most beautiful little Princess if I ever did see one!

What a precious little one with her cute angelic face swiping goldfish - yes too cute!

Darlene

Patrick & Eileen said...

Oh wow.....I can't wait until we have weather like this for Audrey to have a water table like this! She would totally love it!!! I can tell that Princess Leeza certainly does :)

Eileen

Bill & Khadine said...

Looks like Leeza is having a blast! I'm dying to get one of those tables for Dylan for his birthday, they look like so much fun!

Khadine