Friday, August 24, 2007

I'm a Baby Wearer!!!




The bad news for today, is, NO, I still didn't get my I-171H that I need. It's been 2 weeks since they've had my home study. I felt sure I'd get it this week. But, I must be patient and flexible in international adoption, which is NOT my forte. So, I went to yoga today, which was awesome. I have really missed going since Sean's been out of school, but now that's school's back in , Mom's gettin her YOGA back ON!

While waiting for my I-171H, I am purchasing things for Baby Kaz, and warm clothes for the Floridian family to take to freezing cold Kaz in the December time frame, and reading my adoption books.
Attachment is very important, so, I decided I need to get a baby carrier because the new cool hip thing is "baby wearing". I wasn't much of a baby wearer with Sean. I am not very coordinated, and by the time I got the snuggli on, he cried and wanted out. He could probably figure out I was stressed, so he didn't like it. So, I am going to LEARN how to wear my baby, before I get this baby. I am getting smarter in my old age. After much research, I went with an Ergo. It has a 90 day money back guarantee. I wore it around the house for 2 hours last night, just to see how it felt. I felt like a cool hip mom, and my baby, AKA Dopey, was very light and he didn't fuss at all.

Today, I took my new Ergo to my son's school, where another baby wearer, Andrea, showed me how to use it , with her son, Dane, who is 7 months old and 23 lbs. He is a big boy, and incredibly cute and LOVES being worn. He kept falling asleep. She also showed me her hotsling, which was fun when she showed me how. I tried that the other week at a party with my friends babies but I think I was too stressed because they all cried.

So, while I wait for my I-171H, I will figure out my ergo, maybe get a hotsling, and shop online for warm clothes. I did find some cute boots-similar to Uggs, but much cheaper, called BEAR PAW. I figure I can get them and wear them around here to make sure they're comfy.

If anyone wants me to wear their baby for practice, give me a jingle.
I felt very hip and cool wearing Dane. He sure was cute. I have the worst baby fever EVER!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look great in the Ergo! Go check out theergolady.com Tips & Tricks for practicing.

Gretchen said...

Congrats on becoming a new hip baby wearing Mom! It seems to suit you. I wore mine around the house too with Ducky in it. Let me know if I can send you some gDiaper coupons!

Anonymous said...

You should try stuffing Benjamin in that baby carrier thingie. If you can haul his wide butt around in there, baby Kaz will be a sinch. Love you!!

Matthew Ruley said...

Its so hard to wait for that 171 document! As I said, I think we waited 5 weeks for ours after we sent in the homestudy, but it was at a time when everyone was rushing to get into China (we're doing Kaz).

You can totally practice the weight of the baby in the Ergo carrier (which is what we got) by hauling a sacks of potatos! My friend thinks I should do that for practice (put them in a car carrier and practice remembering to bring them with me everywhere I go. Weird, eh? Suz "waiting too"

The Cook said...

I know it is hard to wait. Sophie loved her Kangaroo Pouch sling. She would fall asleep every time. I can't wait for you to get your 171 so you can be well on your way!

Jennifer said...

Hi Susan, I just checked your blog out since you were kind enough to leave your URL when you commented on my blog. Thanks! You crack me up! You sound like so much fun. I know I will enjoy following your blog. The Ergo is GREAT! I'm not sure I'd call myself a baby wearer, but the things sure are handy when I have to quick run into the grocery store and don't want to use a cart or a stroller. Gia likes it pretty well, and it's comfy for me- not a back breaker.

I can't wait till you get your I171H. I remember jumping for joy the day mine arrived.

Regina said...

You look awesome in your Ergo! Like a natural. And what a cute "baby" you're holding. :-)

Oh, and this is such a girl thing, but I really like your skirt too!

Hope that I-171H comes really soon. As Tom Petty says..."The waiting is the hardest part..."

It WILL happen soon!

All the best,
Regina

www.ruopoliadoption.blogspot.com

Karen said...

I feel your pain. We have to wait 2 months right now in Minnesota for our 1-171H because there's only one person working six states!!!! And she was on vacation in July for two weeks, which set the timeline back even further.

John & Jenny Morgan said...

We, too, feel your pain. We had to wait a long time to get out I-797 (over 3 months for the first one after they received the homestudy; nearly two months for the second after we submitted a change of country from India to Kaz). Both times we were waiting, I would eagerly go to the mailbox daily and was dissappointed about 135 times, but I finally got it! Yea!

I got a similar carrier at a consignment sale last weekend. I'll have to take these tips and practice using mine, too. : )

Good luck with everything!

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,
I am Jen's Mom, and I have really enjoyed reading your comments on her blog. I hope your papers come real soon, and that everything falls into place easily and quickly!I'll be praying for Baby Kaz!
Joyce

Chris & Christy said...

Way too darn cute! I can't wait for my kozy carrier to arrive so I can wear my stuffed animals around too!

Rock on! :)
Christy