Thursday, August 9, 2007

Off to Apostille land!!!

I just got home from Fed Ex-sending off 24 documents to be apostilled! I wanted to kiss them goodbye and pray for them a safe journey to the courier. I have everything I need now, EXCEPT for my approval from Immigration-the COVETED I-171H. It's so funny that a few months ago I had no idea WHAT apostille meant or what an I-171H was, and now I'm rattling them off like a pro.

My passport came last Saturday morning by my friendly Fed Ex Driver. I was so happy to see it! It's SO cool looking! The pages are so pretty-all different pictures. Mine is way cooler than Joe's-as his is a few years old. We still don't have Sean's, but I will not worry about that until October-as he needs it for November for my sister Noelle's big WEDDING in CAbo San Lucas. That will be our last fun trip before our wild adventures in Kaz.

I met with Firyuza today (my case worker) to have her to review all my documents to make sure they were correct before they're all apostilled. She gave me the thumbs up. She is the calmest person I have ever met. It was SO quiet in the office. Sean kept telling me to please use my inside voice. I was using my inside voice, but I am just a loud person I guess.

After being up past midnight a couple nights this week getting all my paperwork organized and taking pictures and getting those printed, and making my 3 copies of each one, and labeling them all, I have to say, I am exhausted. :) USCIS received my homestudy at 9 am this morning. They have my fingerprints, so I think they should just turn it around like, next week for me. That would be so grand. :)

It was really nerve wracking sending off that paperwork.
For the first time, I am starting to think about the actual baby that I'm doing this for. Joe's cousin is due in October, and we were talking about how our babies could be close to the same age. She is a stay at home mom who lives only 5 minutes away from me. It's really starting to seem real. I guess I am really "pregnant on paper" now. I will feel more pregnant though when my dossier is DONE and off. I have been eating chocolate like I'm pregnant. :)
I started looking at Sean's old baby pictures-it seems like so long ago he was so little and sweet. Man, they get sassy quick. But, I have to admit, Sean is a lot of fun to have around. He really makes me laugh. He will be a character in Kazakhstan.

3 comments:

Matthew Ruley said...

Congrats! Feels good doesn't it? I think your baby is probably already born :) He/She's just waiting for you. You're definately "expecting." Wait till you get it all back and send the completed dossier in. You'lll start having morning sickness then! Suz

Jennifer said...

Congratulations on sending things off to be apostilled!

It was a weird feeling once we sent everything to the agency...then we just started to think about what to pack and not pack. So start getting the money belt, ipod (with movies) and 'dispoable clothes' ready. We took clothes near the end of their life and left them in Kaz.

One night laying in bd it was weird to think that the baby who would become our son was living already on the other side of the world.

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
This is Maren from the Stanwardbound blog. We are in Astana and just had our court date today. He is (almost) officially ours. I just wanted to tell you to hang in there. Everyone at our agency both in the US and here in Kaz have been absolutely FABULOUS. We are always taken care of by them. Of course, 'go with the flow' is a a good mantra but everything will work out. Good luck and let me know if you have questions!