Friday, August 3, 2007

Bureaucracy and V(BS)

I thought I'd post an update on what's been goin on in our adventures to bring home Baby Kaz in the last couple of weeks.
The GOOD NEWS is I got a letter from a mortgage company that is required for our dossier!! YAY!!! I was beyond frustrated, after calling our mortgage company twice and writing them 5 times. It was kind of funny, as a friend of ours graciously agreed to write it,then I get a letter from our mortgage company today. It was close to what I needed, but not quite. So, that is one hurdle OUT OF THE WAY! I also spoke and emailed the passport office. It's now been 16 weeks since Sean and I applied for our passports. We applied April 18th (for Noelle's (my sister's) wedding in Cabo San Lucas in November), not even KNOWING our destiny to bring home Baby Kaz. Anyway, I kept checking the status and it says "Processing". It's been 16 weeks, and they tell you if it's been longer than 10 or 12 weeks, to call or email. I did both. Well, I get an email back saying to give them a chance to research it. I finally get a response today, and I'm SO EXCITED-thinking-OH WOW, MY MORTGAGE COMPANY LETTER AND MY PASSPORT, no way! But, alas, the email informed me that my passport was being processed. THAT WAS SURE HELPFUL!
However, all week I have been a preschool VBS teacher (Vacation Bible School) at our church. I was in charge of "Wild Bible Adventures" at Avalanche Ranch. I taught my 60 kiddo's that GOD IS REAL, GOD IS ALWAYS WITH US, GOD IS STRONG, AND GOD IS IN CHARGE. Here I am getting all FRUSTRATED with my mortgage people, frustrated with my passport, when my I-171h isn't even here. It will all come. I have time, and I cannot belabor things that I can't control. After all, God is in charge, and we will get it done when it's meant to be done. I just want to meet my goal of having our dossier completed by the end of August. It's only August 3rd, so I will remain positive and remember that GOD IS ALWAYS WITH ME. Too bad I can't sing my songs for you.
So, when I get fed up from BUREACRATIC BS, I will take heart to remember what I taught my munchkins in VBS--and Let God be REALLY STRONG AND REALLY WITH ME AND REALLY IN CHARGE, and help me get my FREAKIN PASSPORT.

I have been obssessivly reading blogs, and staying up way too late. I'm falling in love with everyone ELSE'S Kaz babies. :) I have also "met" (online) 4 families from Florida (that live nearby) that are adopting from Kaz or have already adopted. SO, that is very cool. We can get our Kaz babies together!! Sean and I are also busy learning Russian. We are getting pretty good. We listen in the car. I didn't think I was retaining a thing, but then I just start spouting things off. It's kind of cool, and we've only been doing it for a week, in the short 5 minute drives to VBS.

The next update I post will hopefully bring exciting news of our I-171H, and our passport, which are both requirements of Kaz to submit all our paperwork to bring home the babe.

5 comments:

Mishelle said...

Hi--I happened to call to check on my daughter's passport yesterday and they were very helpful. They couldn't tell me when it was coming but they did expedite it for no charge (and it's only been 10 weeks since I applied). Tell them you are leaving in two weeks and see if they can hurry it along. Good luck!

Mishelle (mom to Bakha from Kaz)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your journey! The paperwork will be over soon and then take the time to read and prepare for your new daughter. You might want to get a copy of Adoption Parenting: Creating a Toolbox, Building Connections. I was at an adoption event yesterday in NJ and the book seller there said if you get any adoption books you need to get that one. (It's over 500 pages of advice from over 100 contributors.) Happy reading and happy waiting!

And it's our week for VBS!

Ann

Matthew Ruley said...

I keep checking every day to see if there is news. Yeah on all the things you're finally receiving! Suzanne

Regina said...

Hello,


Congratulations and best wishes!

We are also in the process of adopting from Kaz (as first-time parents!), and are in about the same place as you as far as timing.

Perhaps we will be there together?

Take care,
Regina & Frank Ruopoli
Charleston, SC
www.ruopoliadoption.blogspot.com

Regina said...

Hello,


Congratulations and best wishes!

We are also in the process of adopting from Kaz (as first-time parents!), and are in about the same place as you as far as timing.

Perhaps we will be there together?

Take care,
Regina & Frank Ruopoli
Charleston, SC
www.ruopoliadoption.blogspot.com