Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I think I'm nesting-and Pics of Baby Kaz's room (Before)



No new news to report--every day I tell my son, Let's practice "The Secret" and imagine my I-171H IN OUR MAILBOX TODAY! But, we didn't get it yet. I started freaking out last night worrying about the weather in Kaz in the winter and how we have no winter clothes and what we're going to pack and how will i be able to exercise and what about Sean's school work and ARRRRRRRGHH!! So, I had just take a deep breath and chill out and I vowed to make some lists out.

I am, however, finding some incredibly cute baby books and some really fun baby toys.I keep saying I will not buy ANYMORE, but then I find something I cannot resist. It doesn't help that I work at Steinmart and they have the CUTEST baby toys and blankets and books. But, hey, at least I am not buying clothes for me. I justify my purchases in that it's for Baby Kaz. You can NEVER have too many books, right?
But, I am just throwing them in the sofa and in the corner of the baby's room (which is currently my office). I need to start working on the nursery. I want to do Kaz colors and have asked my most awesome Aunt Jane, who is a professional quilter and incredible artist if she will please make a quilt for Baby Kaz and I sent her a picture of the flag. I also have to figure out what to do with the computer furniture that is currently taking up this room, and also the closet is currently storing a ton of junk. There is no room for cute Baby Kaz clothes.

The rest of our apostilled documents (Minus the Elusive I-171H) were received last Friday, 8/17 for translation into Russian.

So, in the meantime, I will try to not freak out, work on the nursery, work on our Russian, make my lists, and imagine my I-171H showing up in my mail box this week.

God Speed.

2 comments:

Chris Sapp said...

Buying things for my babies was a way for me to feel closer to them before they were home. They had so many things by the time they were actually here :-) Ask your aunt to offer her services to the rest of us for a fee! I'd love her to quite me a Kaz blanket, too :-) What a wonderful talent to have!!! I checked out the necklace site and LOVE them! Thanks for the link!

KMartin said...

You are on the very edge of the "waiting period". If you are buying things now, just wait until you are in the middle of that.

Oh well, that is not all bad. We just received our immigration approval yesterday. Instead of an I-171H we got an I-797C. If you get that, don't worry, it serves the same purpose, it's just a different form.