Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Trike a thon CUTENESS!!








Today was the Trike-a-thon at Leeza's school. Last year, we didn't go to school on Wednesday's and she was not interested in a trike or bike at all.

This year, I've tried to get her to ride a bike. She gets too frustrated and it's a losing battle. I'm sad because I have seen her swim, and run, and she has some crazy endurance for a 3 year old, and I think she would be an amazing triathlete. But, you gotta learn to ride a bike for that. I volunteered at their trikathon hoping for the best, but really didn't think it would go well.







I guess I need to go find her a bike now.....and a helmet.
We borrowed the helmet from one teacher and the bike from another. I love her teachers.She was not down with putting the helmet on at all. Finally..she agreed and I PINCHED HER CHIN! Poor kid. With a mommy like me in your corner, it's rough. Despite mommy, she did great. :)





3 comments:

Joey said...

I'd like to request a bigger helmet, please :).

Amy, Jeff, LM, SC, & Ashton said...

LOL LOL LOL... i was going to comment on her incredible head and neck strength and then saw "joey's" comment and had to leave my computer a moment b/c i thought i might have a little accident i was laughing so hard.. thanks "joey".. hilarious!

she is soo soo cute and clearly she has read the memo: triathlete's kick butt... and win medals... and its cool.

onward and upward on your soon to be new way to "run away' from your mama, sweet lil leeza!

Kelly and Sne said...

It looks like she's got the trike thing going now! I don't think that most kids really 'get' the peddling thing until close to age 3. We just got Irina a trike for her 2YO birthday but she doesn't really kow what to do with it. Though I think we're going to have to wait until she can reach the pedals. We got Miras a scooter so he's trying to master that first. I think perhaps a bike next year. I can't wait to see you and Leeza doing the Mommy-daugther triathlon someday!