Sunday, March 6, 2011

Look who's 3 1/2!!








Here are are...at 3 1/2 years old already. Where is that baby girl I brought home from Kazakhstan over 2 years ago? That sweet lil girl who was the light of my life?
Oh, she's still the light of my life alright, the bane of my mere existance, and often a source of strong willed arguments and defiance (just a little)

As the day dawned, I told Leeza it was her half birthday, while her brother rolled his eyes and told her "not to get excited, she doesn't get a party or presents". That's my 12 3/4 year old..."always keepin it real". We had a busy day planned, which started going to the park to ride the train, then off to watch big brother play 2 scrimmages in his spring tackle football league.









At 3 1/2, here is a brief bio of her world:
Favorite color: Green
Favorites movies and shows: Sesame Street, Word World, Super Why , and old time Scooby Doo movies, anything Disney (big into princesses)
Favorite food: cereal and cliff organic z bars, chocolate, and appple juice
Favorite activities: school, jungle boogie (story, craft,and nature walk at a nature center), gymnastics, beach,art projects, coloring, painting, books, Busch Gardens, Kindermusik, Disney, and going to the park, and MOST DEFINTELY, meeting other kids. Leeza is so great at making new friends and meeting stranger. Oh, to be 3 1/2 again. :)
Best friends: Ryan Harrison, Alana (from school)
Best qualities: hilarious sense of humor, incredible imagination, strong sense of self,emerging confidence and independence, amazing wardrobe :)
Qualities needing improvement: patience, sassy talk, ability and desire to stay in circle time, and bad talkin her mama.

I love our "Leeza's pick Friday's". We have actitivies planned everyday (Monday-Wednesday is preschool, and Thursday's is gymnastics and jungle boogie. Friday is unplanned and I let Leeza pick what she wants to do. We have done the children's museum, Busch Gardens, and the beach. It's always fun, and I enjoy our time together. This past friday was the beach. :) We had a blast, and as always, Leeza met so many new friends. She was in the FREEZING cold water, up to her neck, playing with these boys. She is like her mama, and likes her "Older men" as these boys were 6 1/2 and 9. She comes running of the water and asks me "Mommy, what is my first name?" I said "Leeza" and she ran running back in the water and told them "My first name is Eeza". She always tells eveyone her name is "Eeza Grace Serra" but she says it fast and forget about trying to understand "eeza" though she can say lollipop and the "L" sound, she doesn't say Leeza. I guess the boys couldn't understand her super fast "Eeza Grace Serra" so they asked her for her FIRST NAME but no one had ever asked her that before. :) Hilarious. She met 8 kids at the beach on Friday....such a friendly social lil thang. :)














Funny story of the day:

We got back from being gone all day yesterday and I said to Leeza "Ok, the house is a disaster. How bout I unload the dishwasher and you pick up toys".

Leeza-"No thanks"

After unloading the diswasher, I start picking up and ask her to help. Sassy girl tells me "NO, I DON'T WANT TO".

Mom gets MAD. Mom tells sassy child that if she doesn't, Mommy will throw it all away.

SAssy girls says I don't care.

Mommy proceeds to start throwing things and toys in trash. Sassy girl stares incredulously...and then I threw elephant away (new trash bag in the trash can)

I tell her if she doesn't start to help, the rest will go.

Sassy girl still says no.

I start taking toys outside to outside trash cans. Sassy girl follows me.

Finally, defiant one tells me she will help me , and if she helps, can she take her toys OUT OF THE TRASH.

I said, YES, BUT ONLY IF YOU HELP.

She picks up a few things, starts to play again.

I sternly say NO, LEEZA, NO PLAYING, OR I STOP PICKING UP AND THROW MORE AWAY.

Leeza responds...OK FINE YOUR HIGHNESS.

HA HA

The toys got picked up, and the trash was recovered.

And so goes a day of Mommy/Leeza "wars". :) The first of many I am sure.

2 comments:

Kelly and Sne said...

Wow - can't believe she's 3.5 already. I was just thinking about how little hair she had over 2 years ago and look at her now! In spite of the defiance (we have similar power struggles with Miras), I just love this age as their personalities really start to shine through and they become much more complex and verbal. Ok, the verbal part does come with a downside.... but fortunately is counteracted by lots of cuteness and Leeza takes the cake!

Amy, Jeff, LM, SC, & Ashton said...

Oh my!!! she is going to give you a run for it isn't it? it is a good thing she is so stinking cute to balance it all out!! :) happy half birthday, leeza!!