Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Mommy's first braid






I am sure Leeza is gonna read this one day and roll her eyes and say "Mom, you blogged about MY FIRST Braid my teacher did THEN you blogged about YOUR first braid?"

yes, I did Leeza, and it's only because I cherish EVERY.SINGLE.MOMENT with you, except, maybe for those times you won't go to sleep at night and are DRIVING ME CRAZY! But, mostly, I adore you and everything about you. However, I am a lil over your whole new "arms crossed stink eye" stance. :)

What I love most is how I asked you if I could try a braid today. You just wanted a bow, but you said "Ok, Mommy". I fumbled my way thru it, thru your patience and you encouraging me all the way..'You can do it mommy, Don't get frustrated !" When I finished, and it WAS kind of lame, you said "You did it mommy, GOOD JOB!" You can be such a sweet lil thing when you wanna be.

I love picking your clothes SO MUCH, but, I have realized that I should probably start letting you chooose. So, today I asked you if you wanted shorts, skirt, dress, capri's, or pants. Wow, girls have SO MANY CHOICES! No wonder I go so insane with your wardrobe. You chose a skirt, and then I let you pick the shoes. :)

All of a sudden, this week, your FAVORITE shows to watch are "Word World" and "Curious George" on PBS and you LOVE the Letter Factory video. Sesame Street is all reruns and you've seen them all a zillion times, so I think it's just too boring right now. I am ready for somes new episodes myself. However, I am LOVING these new shows and watching the little wheels turn in your head. :)

I captured a great pic of your "stink eye" face in this pic. However, your arms are not crossed, and that is how we usually get your stink eye. :)
How cute is your outfit?? Mommy found this last spring on Ebay for only $10. I think it's a pageant outfit. I am NO PAGEANT mommy but man, I sure think this outfit is fun. :) Good lord I love dressing you. :)



Update: 9:30 pm on Tuesday 8/31.
I braided her bangs again out of the bathtub. Damp hair IS EASIER! Oh my gosh, I feel like a dog with a new trick. :)

And, after 3 books (long ones, may I add) Leeza said, "ok, i'm ready to go to bed now". SHOCKER. I about fell out. Let's hope our new powernap strategy keeps working!!!




3 comments:

Baby Kaz Moore said...

Susan, will you come to Austin to help Skylar and me? Cute braid!!

Lisa said...

I think you did a great job and frankly its not easy with wispy fine hair and anxious toddler feet!! LOL

Besides she looks gorgeous in ANY hair...she truly does!!

Yay for bedtime too ~ I bet being back into a school routine helps too!!

P.S. I think she's going to cherish each and every one of your posts!! I truly do!

Kim said...

Susan it looks great! Much easier with damp hair! Leeza is freakin adorable. :)