Monday, August 30, 2010

Off to school...and a NEW hairstyle to boot!!!





This was Leeza, last year, on November 2nd. She looks so different! However, THE OUTFIT STILL FITS! In fact, the skirt is really big on her now cuz she got taller and thinner. :)





Ahhh....our first full week of school....last week she just went to orientation for an hour on Monday (with me there) and Wednesday.

This week is our first "regular" week back...Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday from 9-12, and we start Kindermusic this week too, at 12:15 on Wednesday. She MOVES up in Kindermusic to the 3-5 year old class. I am excited for her! I think we are going to do gymnastics on Thursday's at 9:30. She will be 3 ON SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 5TH so she can do the gymnastics class without ME! HURRAY! I liked doing it, but she acted super ornery with mommy there. :)

Today at school, her apple bow fell out of her hair when she was playing dress up, and on the playground, her hair was blowing in her face. Her wonderful teacher, Ms. Kara, put this DARLING BRAID IN for me! I have coveted Sadie's hair with this braid for the past year but I didn't think I could do it cuz Leeza's hair is so fine and it's hard to make her sit still. WELL, I WAS SURE WRONG! I have to get lessons now cuz it was SO PRECIOUS and it kept those bangs out of her face! I love it!!








In other news, I THINK I have found a successful strategy in dealing with our bedtime struggles. Honestly, she just isn't tired when it's time for bed, but, we tried no naps and it was ugly. Sooo...i have found that limiting naps to 30 minutes or so seems to be the ticket. The "Powernap" (that got me by in college) gives her the pep she needs to make it thru the day without being a real PITA, yet, she is actually tired at bedtime. The last 2 nights she was asleep BEFORE 10, without me lying on the floor with her.

On the days we don't have school, I want to make sure to take her to do fun things....the aquarium, Busch Gardens, and the new Children's Musuem that opens up Sept 25th. Since I had to work when Sean was little, I want to be sure to take advantage of this time before she starts pre-k. Sean and I did a lot of special Disney trips after he turned 3, and I felt like we did spend a lot of valueable weekend time together.

Here are some cute pics of her playing at the outdoor part of the aquarium, and playing at the splash park with Ryan. She does need to be "excercised", she reminds me of a pony, or a puppy. :)










3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Are you going to adopt another little girl, if not I will take all of Leeza's clothes, LOLOLOL!! I LOVE the apple outfit, adorable! When I first saw the pictures without reading I thought you had done that braid yourself, it's cute! Try wetting her hair first, works for E and she has fine hair too. :)

Kelly and Sne said...

I was thinking that you need to auction off (for charity or for profit) Leeza's wardrobe one day. It is becoming a classic! Like Jackie O or something. I was just catching up with the posts that I missed while we were in Kaz. You are right - she really is a beautiful child. You are lucky that she seems to love the clothes - and modeling - as much as Mom does. And she is one lucky girl to have such an involved Mom! Though it seems that Irina has some of the same traits as she is FULL of energy, fearless and loves the water too (I'm enrolling her in swim lessons soon!). Must be those Kaz girls of Russian blood or something. Trouble with a capital T! LOL!

Stephanie and Gary said...

SHe is getting more and more gorgeous with each group of photos you post ... if that is at all possible!! here's to a wonderful school year for her!