Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Road Trip!!!





To celebrate Sean's graduation from elementary school, and really our only free time before swimming lessons and camp begins, we took off to Navarre to visit some of our new friends after Sean got out of school on Thursday.

It was a LONG drive...it took us about 8 hours, as traveling with a newly potty trained toddler means that you better stop when they tell you they gotta go...or it will be a soggy road trip. :) Sean and Kristan had the brilliant idea to get a portable DVD player for the car to help keep Leeza (and her brother) entertained. I was doubtful, since Leeza has yet to show any interest in videos except for watching Ray's baseball with her daddy. However-since she was confined to her car seat, and seems to have a new love in her buddy "Momo" (Elmo), the Elmo video and Yo Gabba Gabba videos were a real hit with her! It was HILARIOUS to hear her yell 'MOMO, MOMO, MOMO" over and over. :) She also likes Foofa, the pink character from Yo Gabba Gabba. I had never seen the show, but the cute lil pink character was on sale at Target and it is so cute and talks when you squeeze her hand, and says adorable phrases like " You're so beautiful" "I love flowers" and such. Sean likes Foofa too. :) Anyway..I digress.

One of the many benefits of adopting our angel from the Merry Merry land of Kaz is all the friendships we've made along the way. Kristan and I hit it off immediately, and keep discovering more and more things we have in common, besides our love of fashion and accesorizing our Kaz cuties. Leeza and Sadie were SO ADORABLE playing together, and Sean and Ryan really get along well. They have a lot in common with each other too. I really wish they didn't live so far away, as I can see us hanging out with each other a lot. :)








Despite getting the stomach flu and tossing my cookies on Friday afternoon, and then Sean throwing up and getting a killer headache, we still had an amazing time at the Struck's. They live right on the water, and their view is just incredible.



The girls had a blast jumping off the dock, and Mark took us all boating, and the boys had fun tubing. I declined from being thrown around on the tube, and just sat with my girl, with potty close by. I hope she learns some bladder control soon because we spend entirely too much time back in the car on the travel potty, or as you can see, even on the front of the boat. But hey-when she tells ya she has to go, you gotta whip out the potty fast! :)






I got a few cute "brother-sister" shots with the beautiful view of the ocean. I would really KILL for the view that the Struck's wake up to everyday. :)












All of us a had a wonderful time, and we wish Joe would have been able to come, but he had to work, and had to work on Saturday too, so we figured he could be more productive without us for a few days. :) We are now very excited for our next venture to Kazapoolza this coming weekend! I love meeting new families, and watching our Kaz sweeties play together. I can't wait!!!! Rumor has it that Leeza and her mommy even have matching outfits in Kaz colors!!


4 comments:

John & Jenny Morgan said...

Maybe I should get a portable DVD player and some DVDs for Roxana. I've never even thought about it since she doesn't watch TV, but if she's confined to a car seat, she'd probably like it! That's a good idea.

Looks like y'all had a fun visit. We're looking forward to seeing y'all this weekend!

Kristan and Mark said...

happy birthday and we are so glad you made the trip to come visit.

hope everyone is back to themselves by Friday! Will the Kaz potty come along too? I stil laugh at the picture of Leeza on the boat with the potty.

ryan found out that a friend had called him over the weekend to come over for the day. i said I had not told him because he didn't want to be disappointed. he said, I'm not disappointed I had a great time with Sean. makes it nice when everyone gets along and i"m sure Joe and Mark would get along just as easily.

okay, time to get back to KP stuff.

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

I think we could drive for 15 straight hours and I'm convinced that Max would never take his eyes off of the video screen. Not sure if that is a good thing or a REALLY bad thing. :-) Did you read KJ's blog about toddler crack? I think that's my kid. Yikes, but true. :-)

So awesome to see the pics of the kids all together, and those pics of Sean and Leeza waterfront are adorable. We just smile and smile and smile for you -- we are so happy for you!!!

See you in a few days! We can't wait to see those matching outfits! Somehow, I think that there will be multiple photo ops for Lori, Nina, Leeza, and you. I'm already jealous. :-)

Matthew Ruley said...

OMG the potty on the boat is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. Potty training Andrey this week I hope. Love the kissy pictures too. Looks like a lot of fun!