Sunday, June 7, 2009

Kazapoolza 2009 was amazing indeed!



Steve-amazing photographer and Dad to Tougy took these pics of Leeza poolside..love them!




Kazapoolza 2009....we FINALLY got to go this year. It's only the 2nd year they've had it, but man, I wanted to go last year.

I even had a matching outfit made in Kaz colors. Leeza has the dress, and I have the shirt...It was cute. :)




I wondered last year if I'd ever get to go, would I ever get my Baby Kaz??? I can't even begin to describe what this weekend was like for me. To see all these BEAUTIFUL, happy, LOVED children running around together and meeting all their amazing parents "IRL" {In real life}, after having followed many of their blogs for the past year or two was just surreal.








Certainly, when I started this journey to Kazakhstan, I had NO idea what to expect, but how incredible it's been being introducted to a whole new community of fantastic people. Seeing all the kids and talking to their parents, all of whom have been thru this crazy rollercoaster ride, and are now home with their dreams come true is something that touched my heart to the core. I am sad that I didn't even get to meet everyone, and didn't get the chance to chat as much as I wanted to with the people I do know, and have met before "IRL".

I was reminded of the Brad Paisley song "I'm so much cooler online" because I "know" most of the kiddo's and their parents from their blogs. I was up in the room while Leeza napped and Joe and Sean went to lunch. They brought me back lunch and Joe said he was stopped by "a whole bunch of people who knew him" but he didn't know them. I asked him who they were, and he said "I had no idea" but they knew ME and it was WEIRD! HA! However, he did make some friends too, even though he may not have been "as in his element" as I was. :)








Plus, he's just a good "Pack mule" to help carry Leeza's stuff. :)






I guess it was rather fitting that I was awarded "Blog stalker" award at the dinner and auction Saturday night that raised $2500 for 2 Hearts for Hope! I can't wait to watch the slideshow DVD again at home because it was too hard to watch with the commotion of all the kids, and Leeza eating her rock candy. :) Right when the slideshow started with just a few Kaz facts, I got a lump in my throat and my eyes got all watery. Leeza Grace has blessed this family in so many ways, and we are still finding out how!







It was so neat to meet the other families who were with Commonwealth (before they closed) because I remember stalking their blogs religiously. It was so great to meet Taylor, Addie and Zach, and Roxana. We also meet Rinat, Berik, and Quinn, but I didn't get any pictures. :(





It was so great to meet Gigi,Tougy,Anton, Nick,Miras,Max,Josh and Noah, ,Haven and Addison, Sophie and Jack,Natalya and Mateo,Serik, Austin, and Asa, and Milo, and see Zoe,Nina,Sadie,and Rylie again. I wish I had gotten more pictures of everyone...but I think Steve got a bunch so I can't wait to see his. :)

















I had so much fun, and Joe was a trooper, being lugged around to a kid fest where he didn't really know anyone, but knew him. Leeza had a blast running around with all the kids, and Sean loves kids, so he had fun too. It was special for him to see Rustam again, as he got to know him when we were all in Kostanai together. :)






Kudos to the Kazapoolza angels who planned this event...Muriel,Gretchen, Michelle and Kristan. They did an AMAZING job and I'm sad it's over, even though we're ALL exahusted. :)




11 comments:

dnd82001 said...

I was stalking over the weekend to get updates - so glad it was a wonderful experience and so wish we could have gone - it was really just timing since we had the Mexico vacation.

I will look forward to hearing about next years!

Darlene

Joby and Marla said...

I am soooo jealous. I was thinking about everyone all weekend & how much fun was to be had :)

Loved the photos!!!!!

Joe is known all over the blog as Leeza's dad. Doesn't he know he is famous in blogland???

Kim said...

Oh my, the first picture of Leeza is beautiful. You need to make that into a 11 x 16 - at least. :-) It was great meeting you! It was an amazing weekend and I hope next year we will have a new little one to run around with all those cute girls!

Karen said...

All I can say is wow.

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

Love all of the pics! Thanks for getting a post up so quickly. It helps with the post-weekend depression -- I'm so sad it went by so FAST, and I have so few pics that I need to live vicariously through yours. Congrats on the blog stalker award. Please keep it up!

Trudi said...

It is JUST GREAT to see everyone! HOW FUN. The children all look so beautiful and happy and so do their parents! It doesn't get better than that :)

Angela said...

Wow, looks like you had a great time! I hope I can make it next year with at least one kiddo. Not sure the hubby would go along, but sounds like a blast!

Chris Sapp said...

Loved meeting you and seeing your beautiful family!!! Can't wait for next year - already!!!

Kristan and Mark said...

I'm glad you were able to go this year to so that I could win the perfect bow hold and bows for Sadie. Seriously don't you think it's appropriate that I won being that I am one of your influences for your bow addiction, smile.

Sadie just walked up and saw Leeza and said "Leeza". She then said, Leeza come to my house again? How sweet is that, seriously.

While I love going on a quiet vacation after KP, I'm sad that I miss the KP after party high on fb and blogs.

Jeannine said...

I am so glad you have this annual event to share with your extended Kaz family. It is similar to the Thai Family Reunion we attend evey two years. It means a lot!

You are an amazing family!!

Matthew Ruley said...

wowooks like a great time was had by all. wish we went!