Saturday, June 13, 2009

Summer is HERE!!!





Ahhh...the lazy, hazy, and in Florida..HOT AND HUMID days of summer have arrived!!!
Still in "Kazapoolaza afterglow", we are settling into our summer routine here at the Serra household.

As I type this entry, Sean is at Busch Gardens for the day, as "youth week" kicked off at church, as he is a "Middle schooler" and gets to start youth group. I had initially signed up to be a middle school leader, but found that it was really hard for me to make any of the training sessions or be there for any of the meetings. I really wanted to do it, but it's a big commitment, and with Joe traveling more right now for his new job, and the addition of the princess to the family, I just can't commit right now. I am kinda sad about it, but have to realize "I can't do everything" but I am glad that Sean is excited about it and having fun. He had a fun week, at camp from 9-12, then something fun everynight with youth group, from laser tag, picnics at the park, just "hanging" out at the youth room at church, culminating with today at Busch Gardens. :)

I don't see Sean much, as soon as he gets home from camp, Leeza has Emily, her adorable swimming teacher from 12:30 to 1, and then goes down for a 2 hour nap. Sean is "out in the hood" playing with his friends, and I may see him and his buddies inside for a lil bit to play with his "box" (xbox), or outside in the backyard,they rotate from house to house on bikes, scooters, and skateboards. However, when he is home, he is very entertaining to his lil sister, who CLEARLY adores him.












Joe is in Memphis for a Fed Ex convention of sorts, and on the golf course everyday (watching a big tournament) and wining and dining in the evenings. I have had to wake up Sean AND Leeza every morning this week for camp. This morning, I had to have him at church by 7 so I had to wake Ms. Leeza up WAY earlier than she is used to. After a morning of 2 Elmo videos and an hour in the pool, she is now fast asleep for her nap, going down at 11. :) We have an afternoon at the beach planned with her boyfriend Ryan, and Ryan's other girlfriend, Angie. :) It should be fun. :)


Leeza just completed her 2nd week of swimming lessons. I think she is doing well-although-she is not quite swimming yet. She has learned to put her face in the water, reach and pull with her arms, pull herself out of the pool, and do the monkey crawl around the side of the pool. We have one more week left. We may take a couple weeks off, then get Emily back out here again. She made great strides this week, so we'll see how next week goes. She does better with Emily then she does with mommy, but we still practice. She did great today at putting her face in the water and blowing bubbles, but pitched a fit doing the back float. She does that better with Emily. It's hilarious because whenever we do something she doesn't like (like the back float) she immediately tells me she has to "pee pee" so she can get out of the pool. She cracks me up, but man..is she ever cute. :)






I keep the pink Kaz potty outside by the pool since usually she has to go a couple times. We just started working on going pee pee "in the big potty" and she is doing MUCH BETTER...yesterday we went on the big potty ONLY.






Running errands or going out and about is still challenging because she has to go pee every 20 minutes. I am waiting for her to learn to hold it a lil bit more, but what's a mom to do. At least she tells me when she has to go. She has had a couple accidents, but I can't say it was her fault because I thought she REALLY couldn't POSSIBLY have to go again, but..she did!! Patience mommy, patience, I keep telling myself. :) Althought, I admit I get frustrated about the number of times we have to go the potty, I am impressed that she won't pee in the pool, or the bathtub. She always tells me she has to go and out we come. I think it will be easier once she grows to love the big potty more and more, at least for trips to the mall and such...because right now we have to go back to the car to go in the travel potty. :)

Enough potty talk...I got sone great shots of her today with her "rings"...her swim teacher's very ingenious way to get her to put her face in the water and blow bubbles. She was showing off for mommy this morning!







She really does love the water, and I will feel much better when she learns to swim, just for my own peace of mind. She is a happy girl, until you make her do something she doesn't want to do, and then she has to pee...LOL

I think my favorites are the sweet way she kisses Miles and holds his face. :)





6 comments:

Kristan and Mark said...

I think that is absolutely hilarious that she uses peeing as an excuse when she is engaged in something she doesn't like. There's never been any doubt that she was a smart girl, this is only more confirmation that this is so!

I love that you are still Kazapalooza afterglow. So I hope that means you will attend next year to in Wisconsin.


There was something else I was going to comment on but Sadie just brought me her tennis shoes and is begging me to go outside. It's too hot to play outside and we played in the water for hours this earlier today. Better go find something for us to do.

Joby and Marla said...

OHHHHH!!!!

I wish we lived closer. It would be so much fun to be Beach Bums together.

Kobe doesn't want to put his face in the water but we will have to try the ring idea. Leeza looks like she has really learned alot.

I will be so happy when Kobe can swim. He scares me around water. He won't close his mouth :(

John & Jenny Morgan said...

Roxana says she has to go potty when she gets tired of sitting at the table during meal time. Our girls are pretty smart!

It's hot and humid here, too. We have season passes to Alabama Adventure (a water and theme park) and hope to start going next week.

I'm glad Leeza is doing well with swimming lessons! She looks so cute by the pool!

Jennifer said...

She is just so darn adorable. I absolutely love that swim suit. It's gorgeous!

Gigi does the potty thing at bed time as a delay tactic. And of course she goes just enough to say she went, but not enough to be empty. Which means several minutes later, "Mommy! Potty!" Argh.

I hope you are enjoying those lazy, hazy days!

marsrob said...

First of all, your little Leeza AIN'T so little ANYMORE! WOW! Those shots! She is growing SO MUCH! Incredible! Seeing her in that swim suit (so glamorous) makes me wonder if she'll end up being an Olympic swimmer like Dara Torres! And your son is beyond wonderful as a brother. And it makes sense why you have to draw the line and not overcommit....you do a lot as it is and sad though it may be, you have to take care to not over-do it and make yourself sick! Good for you for having healthy boundaries! xoxoxo

demarest6 said...

It has been awhile since I commented, I must say I love your family more with each passing day. Sean is a remarkable young man and an awesome big brother. Leeza, well she is just captivating.However, you my dear friend are the greatest mom. You are fun, outgoing, and so full of love. Joe, is your glue! I love you!! xoxoxo