Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Happy Birthday to ME!



Modeling my new 'Patio dress' I got from my Mom for my birthday...they're very "in" you know...

But even though I try to be cool and dress chic, I will NEVER ever ever have a prayer as being as pretty as my daughter. But...Hey..."don't hate the playa".."hate the game", so they say....





I distinctly remember my last 3 birthday's....from this decade of "the 40's".

On my 40th birthday, Joe threw me a big party, and my whole family came down from Texas for a week and we had a blast. Joe gave me the best gift EVER.....my own business..an LLC corporation, with a company logo, etc. I also remember I felt "old" and I needed a new goal to challenge myself. I signed up for an olympic distance triathlon on my birthday, scheduled for September at Disney. I trained my butt off all summer...swimming/biking.running. In August, Joe gave me the courage to quit my job of 15 years at Tech Data to start my own business..only to discover I actually LIKED being a "stay at home mom" and I discovered yoga, and spent a lot more time with Sean.

On my 41st birthday, we had decided to adopt from Kazakhstan, and I spent the summer putting our dossier together, and discovered the "blog world" and I made a lot of incredible new friends. :) What's really amazing is that we all still keep in touch now that we have our incredible children HOME with us. :)

On my 42nd birthday, I wondered if we'd ever get to Kazakhstan and I worried incessantly that my dream of adding another child to our family was not to be. However, after my birthday, we got our LOI to travel to Kazakhstan with a date of August 1st.


Now...here I am on my 43rd birthday, celebrating it with my dream come true, Leeza Grace, and my "baby" who recently turned 11, and of course, my "rock", my incredible husband of 12 years. I feel very blessed, and very grateful for my family, and my friends. Sure..I wish I was 10-15 lbs thinner, much more toned, and I could actually breathe in my "coveted" Seven jeans, and don't even get me started on my "muffin top"........but I've also got so many different priorities in my life right now that being in the best shape of my life has gone by the wayside. I started my day early, for "5 at 5", a 5 mile run at 5:15 am with my girlfriends, and then after sleeping beauty woke up at 9:30, Leeza, Sean and I went out to breakfast at Maggie Mae's on the beach.




We spent the rest of the morning in the pool, until Leeza passed out at 1:15 for naptime. I grabbed my book (Eclipse, the 3rd book in the Twilight series) got on my float, and read for about 45 minutes, then took an hour nap. It was heavenly. :)

Sean's poem:

Roses are Red,
Violets are blue
You really rock and you wear cool socks!
Sometimes you feel like a big klunk of goo
Sometimes you smell like a pile of poo (with an arrow that says NOT) and a smiley :) But it's ok, I smell worse!
Happy Birthday from Sean


I got lots of birthday wishes from my friends (thanks to Facebook!!), 3 pretty dresses from my mom, a dozen gorgeous roses from my stepdaughter, a hilarious poem from Sean, and lots of kisses and hugs from my daughter and husband, plus a dinner out, and keylime pie for dessert. Really..who could ask for anything more?


My pretty roses from Jillian, with a very sweet card to boot...

A href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjG1EaSRs3TuPOOgdFqz_S0x38X2tUYFN3mPUS7jpI6v_kUAiTkT7VWmhix0KdV1uhGz1P6XJzf-CgmIMdIzr4WDAmRiWSr2EBfWcZ0SxtjZWGAP0OMFf87dfV-mojHMFtnEuH78q8SFqU/s1600-h/WOW!+028.JPG">
A> Goofball who cannot pose seriously for any picture... Just taking pics on the way home in the car....seriously..this child is BEAUTIFUL..it really is unfair... Family dinner at Keegan's...yum!!

12 comments:

Aaron and Julie said...

Happy Birthday to you, DIVA! Wow, I don't know about being 10 - 15 lbs thinner, you look awesome! Yes, priorities in life have changed - all for the better :) Happy Birthday!

Trudi said...

Now THAT was a PERFECT birthday! The dress is great and the flowers from Jillian - so sweet. And your handsome hubby and two beautiful children....key lime pie. You have ZIPPO to fret about, and Susan, at 43 you are a bbaaaaabbbby SO just enjoy it all, now. It doesn't get better than this.

Kim said...

Love the dress. Glad you had a great birthday. That last family picture is great! Yes Leeza is a beautiful child and Sean's silly faces are cute. Can't wait to see your pictures from the Kazpalooza reunion!

kitzkazventure said...

I think you have the best healthy lifestyle for any 43 year old that I know....and the most BEEEeautiful family. Love that last picture. Can't wait to meet you in a few days! We will have to discuss where your parents live in D so we can figure out if we can catch each other on a parental visit one of these days! Safe Travel to Music City! BTW, love the patio dress!

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John & Jenny Morgan said...

I hope I look and feel as great as you do when I'm 43. Of course, that will be a LOOOOONNNNGGG time from now. ;) You're one hot momma, but that doesn't really matter. You're a great mom and a wonderful person, and I'm glad to have gotten to know you and your family through your blog.

I am also glad you had a happy birthday! The flowers and dress are lovely. (Notice I didn't include Sean's poem in that little list. That's only because he made fun of my Southern accent, though. It's really quite sweet that he wrote a poem for his momma, even though it says you smell like poo!)

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

Happy birthday!!!! You look spectacular, and I may have to clobber you if you are standing next to me with your skinny-self and your gorgeous daughter and you make one comment about your size and shape! You do know that most of us would LOVE to look that dang good in that dress, right?! Ahhhh, to be 43 again. :-)

(I think I figured out that I will be the oldest mom in Nashville. Hip hip hooray for me. Ick).

I am just tickled that Julian sent you flowers and a lovely note. I know stepparenting can have its challenges, so that means alot.

B-fast at Maggie Moos. Does it get any better?!

How many hours of sleep do you get every night? 1? YOU ARE A STUD-ETTE!

Happy birthday, my friend. I am just over-the-top happy for you!!!!!!

Karen said...

Everybody wants to be Susan. Especially on June 2nd. Patio dresses, roses, naps, brunches—it doesn't get any better than that.

Happy, happy, happy birthday—can't wait to see what the next year brings.

Tracy said...

I know I said Happy b-day on your facebook, but... Happy Birthday.

It looks like you had a wonderful one. YOu are such a blessed lady... you have a loving and suportive husband, and two wonderful kids.

Enjoy everyday!!!
Tracy

Julian and Sara said...

Love the patio dress!! And the photos of Leeza and the family are fabulous as always. Can't wait to see you again in a couple days!

Jeannine said...

Happy Birthday!! Glad you had a special day.

kristen said...

Glad you had a happy birthday! I too am WAY behind on reading any/all blogs, but read facebook updates and look at pictures a lot on my iphone. :)

i think i figured it out - leeza is not asian like maia or lindsay, and maybe that's why she is NORMAL sized and not SO petite for her age. most american/white kids are not wearing 18 month clothes when they are 32 months old! She (maia) is just a peanut, but she is getting taller.

I will look and see what brand the bike/trike is. We got it at Toys R Us and I just don't remember. I'll try to look tomorrow in the garage!

Hmmm, a pony at 3. Not a bad idea! LOL

I loved your patio dress. I must really be out of touch - I'd never heard of that.

I hope one year to make it to Kazapalooza - and meet all you great blog friends!! Maybe if I ever make it to Florida to see friends and family, I can really make the circuit and meet you and all the other Kaz mommas in FL!!

Hope it's a GREAT start to a GREAT year!! Enjoy your babies - both of them! :)