Friday, May 1, 2009

Here comes the Judge-Florida style!!!



We had Leeza's readoption hearing today. I was reminiscing this morning about how I was so calm and at peace this morning-compared to how I felt the morning of September 17th in Kazakhstan! I knew it would all work out fine, but still...such a nerve wracking process for Leeza to "officially" be named our daughter. :)

My mom sent Leeza this sweet lil dress she got at a "sample sale" in Dallas. Leeza had the perfect bow to match. :) The security guards had their eye on her poodle purse too. They liked it. :) What can I say..my girl is a trend setter. :)







The judge was SO nice and so friendly. The court "hearing" took about 5 minutes-then he posed for pictures. He was an adoptive daddy himself, and his oldest son had a birthday today, making him a dad to a "teenager." He was such a wonderful man and he told us this is the best part of his job. Leeza was "oohed and ahhed" appropriately, because she DID look pretty cute. She also behaved pretty well, even though she yelled DADA super loud in the hall while we were waiting for the judge.






Leeza has changed SO much from that lil girl we met in Kostanai on August 1st. She now has "swagger" and mad confidence, as she clearly rules her universe. Yes, Leeza Grace...you sure do. She is such a lil beach babe..complete with a lil tan!

Our next adventure begins TOMORROW as we say "BYE BYE" to diapers and plunge into the 3 day potty training program that has been used so successfully by many of Leeza's buddies. We have stocked up on pretty princess panties, and Mommy has a 12 pack of Landshark and 2 limes...let's get this potty started. :)

20 comments:

Jeannine said...

Congratulations!

Kim said...

Congratulations! I love your dress....really. :)

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! You both look fab for the big court day. That's awesome that the judge was so nice and personable.

Good luck tomorrow! You guys will do great, I know it!

Leesa said...

WooHoo!! Congratulations!!

Kristen said...

Congratulations!

Morgan Mine said...

Congratulations!

Leeza does look cute, that's for sure. Roxana just pointed at Leeza's picture and spontaneously said, "Cute! I cute, too!" acknowledging that Kostanai kids are indeed the cutest. Or, maybe Kostanai kids are just really smart, and Roxana was reading your blog about Leeza being cute. Or, maybe they're super cute and super smart. Yes, that MUST be it.

Leeza also looks SO tall. Has she had a growth spurt recently?

kitzkazventure said...

Get this potty started....you make me laugh out loud! I'm glad my little one came trained....I potty trained enough as a nanny! No need to do it with my own! :)

We were at a restaurant the other day and they had a big ol' Landshark sign and I said Oh, Susan would love it here! ;)

Leeza's court dress was fabulous...I remember when we moved to Dallas, my mom and sister thought those Sample sales were to die for!

Diana said...

Brings tears to my eyes all over again.

Jstar said...

Congrats on the readoption and beginning potty training. Honestly, I'm not sure which is a bigger deal, both are *huge*!

Joby and Marla said...

Good Luck on the potty training!!!!!

You & Leeza both looked awesome on adoption day:) Dad was handsome too!

Lori @ Five of My Own said...

Official congratulations for Leeza's blog baby book. Best of everything for a beautiful little girl and her loving forever family.

Jaimie, Gena and Berik said...

Just when I think she looks the cutest ever, then you post something and she looks even cuter than before!! Happy re-adoption day!! and yes it is so much more relaxed than Kaz. It is nice to know exactly what is being said! Where is Sean? I was missing his stylin' and profiling smile! Gena

Jaimie, Gena and Berik said...

oh yes.. if the potty thing works for her.. I am sending Berik on the next plane over.. HE COULDN'T CARE LESS!!! He has it all down but continues to do whatever he wants. We have tried, candy, be positive, negative, real underwear, pullups, no diaper.. PRAY will ya? Gena

Holly Trawick said...

Congratulations!!! Love both of your dresses!
Best of luck on the potty training. I made it through training 3 kids... not exactly my idea of fun, but once it is over ~ it sure does make things easier!

Gretchen said...

Congratulations!

Joyce said...

Hi Susan and Family,
Many congratulations on the US part of the adoption! Leeza is, of course beautiful! I have had two new Grandbabies since I last left a note, so things have been busy here. I can see that things are going well with you! Good luck with the potty training!
Love to all,
Grandmama Kaz/Joyce

Patrick & Eileen said...

Big congratulations!!! What a great post to come back to. How exciting!

She has turned into quite a little lady.

What is this 3 day potty training program you mentioned? I would love to know! I'm tried of all the diapers we go through. Many times I wish Pat were here to help with this. Audrey seems so happy to remain in diapers....she's just not getting it. So I would certainly love to know what technique(s) you're trying!!!

Anyway....congrats on the readoption!!!
Eileen

Adrienne said...

Congratulations..
Happy Re-Adoption Day!! :)
Leeza looks so cute...

Will be soo interested to hear how she does on the 3 day potty training.. we need to do something different... trying to train Alex but as Gena said in her comment HE COULDN'T CARE LESS !!! What do you do when they are so laid back they could not care if they are wet or have pooped?¬!! I have trained 2 girls and never knew what the big deal was ... Now I do!!! Anyway good luck...
By the way Alex is 3 since last November so the pressure is on.:)))

Regards
Adrienne, with 2 Kaz cuties... Elena 6 - Taraz..
Alex 3 - Ust-K
Darrelle - 13 - bio

Aaron and Julie said...

Congrats!! Isn't it amazing how different court is here?? Your dress is awesome & Leeza is too cute! Hope the potty training is still going well for all :)

dnd82001 said...

Hi just catching up (as usual) behind on my blog reading but a big congratluations on the re-adoption. Dennis & I are thinking of doing the same just not certain if it is something or what is the benefit is - love to hear thoughts on it it you can drop me a line?

Additonally wishing you a very Happy Mother's Day to a fab mom to the most precious Kaz cutie in the world!

Happy Mother's Day!

Darlene