Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Mother you never had....




Bathtime fun



Sean comes up with the most HILARIOUS and INANE things that he says and I always forget to write them all down. I am trying to get better about that and thanks to this blog thing, I am doing a little bit better.

Today, we went to the grocery store after church. I usually put Leeza in the ergo but she was all decked out in a VERY lovely dress that was a gift from a very special friend and I didn't think she should be "hidden" in the ergo.







Sean wanted to push her in the "car cart" at Publix. The "car carts" are certainly cute..BUT SUPER hard to manuver, espeically in a crowded store. I tried it once with Sean when he was little and said 'NEVER AGAIN!' Of course, Leeza is ENTHRALLED with it. Sean almost knocked out a few people in the course of shopping-but no one was hurt and Leeza (and Sean) had some good fun. I was telling Sean to be careful that I never used to the car cart with him because it was just TOO HARD. I told him Leeza sure was lucky. Sean looks at Leeza and says .."Leeza...I'm the mom you never had"









Sean can really DRIVE me insane with his sassy mouth and his new 11 year old attitude, but I have to say...he is a VERY FUN big brother. Leeza ADORES him, even when he is "torturing" her bunny by throwing him up on the ledge above the front door, or "yelling" at her to "get out of his area". Sean was still asleep this morning and Leeza comes around the corner with Sean's cell phone "talking" away then looks at me with her index finger and says "No no no" as she KNOWS she is NOT ALLOWED to take Sean's phone. LOL...yes she knows..but, does she care? NO WAY!
He is also teaching her habits I am not crazy about-but she will learn those in time anyway (I guess!!) but to see the two of them together always makes me smile. :)

She loves to "push" him in her ride on toy (that she won't ride on, she only likes to push it). She is a brute-Sean weights 106 lbs and she lugs him all around the house. Sigh..I guess we have a good use for a stinky pre-teen. :)








12 comments:

Joby and Marla said...

I love to read Sean & Leeza stories:) It is so endearing!!!!

Kobe worships the ground Kylie walks on but he lives to provoke her. He loves getting a reaction!!!! He gets one 9 out of 10 times from her so he continues. Sometimes I feel sorry for Kylie:)

Of course, Leeza was beautiful in her dress!!!!

Karen said...

Then I suppose I'm the big sister Garrett never had. Ha. What would you do without Sean? He brings so much laughter into your lives. What a special dude.

Stacy said...

Too cute. Glad to see that the knives are not out in pics at least. Can't wait to meet you and Leeza and the rest of the fam in 2 weeks!! YAY!

Kristan and Mark said...

Sean cracks me up, but I think the reason he is so funny is due to his also very funny mother. You always make me laugh!

I absolutely love that you had your camera with you at the grocery store! I'm so glad you didn't miss out on that special, fun moment on film.

I can't stand those buggies either, too, too hard to push. Of course Ryan and TAnner don't want to push Sadie in it, they all want to pile in and have me push it. Tried it once, never again.

Leeza looks beautiful in her special outfit of course. The dress is beautiful!

Somehow I missed the post below. Looks like so much fun. The girls are darling, all three of them!

Gretchen said...

She is one strong girl! Boy does she look pretty in that dress. :)

Sean is too funny. I love to hear his comments.

dnd82001 said...

Way to cute that Sean...........very adorable!

Darlene

kitzkazventure said...

I love Sean and Leeza's relationship. He seems to be such a great big brother! Nick loves his friend's baby sister....more than his friend does, I think! She starts giggling and smiling as soon as he walks in the room. It is so fun to watch kids interact! Love, Love that dress! :)

Jennifer said...

Sean is a crack up!

That dress is simply darling on Leeza. It was made just for her!

Trudi said...

That is a fabulous post. I love the stories and adore the close relationship between Sean and Leeza - it is so, so special and has been from day one. Leeza is absolutely the ultimate princessa in her gorgeous dress!

Unknown said...

Finally, a chance to read other blogs! Leeza is beautiful and be sure to tell Sean I say, "Hello," and that he is a fantastic big brother! We'll miss going to the Palooza but hopefully we can figure out how to see each other at some point this year. Our invite to Maine is still open!

Monica said...

Love all the new pics... love, love, love checking in on you. FB keeps me away 'cause I feel like I already know what's going on with you but then I love the FUN of checking your blog still too! You give me HOPE! :)

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

Love the Sean stories, and I'm so jealous that you get to meet so many Kaz families! I'm going to stand by you in Nashville so I can at least say hello to the dozens of people that you ALREADY know!

So funny regarding the pictures. I, too, have to take about 50 pictures of Max to get one of him truly smiling and looking at the camera. How much film did parents waste before digital cameras? I love the pics of the 3 girls -- one of them always on the run or looking the other way. Isn't that always the case?!

I owe you a long thank-you email for all of the amazing words of advice and encouragement you left for me in our comments. More to come on that, but it absolutely means the world to me. THANK YOU!