Monday, May 11, 2009

20 months plus 6 days..STATS


We went to the dr today for Leeza's "18 month well check" and more "catch up" on shots. My poor baby girl had to get 4 shots..2 in each thigh. I cried while she was crying too-I hate shots. When we walked into the dr's office lil room, she immediately started crying because she remembered the last visit. Poor baby!






However...despite the shots (which are necessary to keep her healthy), I was excited to get her "official" stats to see how much she grew in the last 2 months (her previous appointment was March 9th)




She is now 25.2 lbs (up from 24.6 on 3/9), but she is now 33 inches tall (up from 31.5) so she grew an inch in a half in 2 months! That nudged her up from the 50th percentile in heighth to the 60th-grow Leeza grow! She still has a small head, but it's in the 15th percentile, rather than the 10th percentile it used to measure.





She is getting more mischevious and smarter the taller she grows. She loves to take each and every opportunity that you are occupied to get into something she knows is not allowed. It's rather maddening-however-she is also doing some new things that I am loving! She has been a very affectionate and empathic lil girl lately. I had a running accident and came in the house at 6:30 am all bloodied and bruised. Sean thought it was COOL and asked if I'd been run over by a car, and chastized me to not use all his foam antibacterial wash for cuts and I better not use anymore. Joe was preoccupied with a document on the computer for a career change, and barely looked up, then asked me to "hurry up" in the shower. My sweet baby girl was still sleeping when all of this "non attention" from the boys took place.

When Leeza woke up, she was on the potty and I was reading her a book and I bumped my elbow and I said, "ow, Leeza, look at mommy's boo boo" and my sweet baby girl CLIMBED off the potty, CLIMBED up into my lap, said "awww mama", patted my chest and gave me the most heartfelt hug and kiss EVER. It made me cry, and I didn't even cry when I fell. :)




Joe's mom has been in the hospital and today Leeza and I went to see her. Leeza climbed up in Nana's lap and gave her a very big hug. It was SO SWEET.

I just thought Leeza wasn't much of a "hugger", but I'm finding that after 6 + months home with a "huggy" family, she is learning that hugging and snuggling CAN be cool. She crawled up in Joe's lap the other night and let him read her an entire book. She hands me book after book on the potty and says "More"....we are working on "more please", but her attention span and interest in books has really increased a great deal. She's still not interested in watching tv or any kind of kid show (bummer), but she LOVES her books and likes to play her her princess tent and to "stir" stuff in her kitchen. She also likes to play with her "babies" and says "baby" pretty well. :)

Potty training is going well. She did not adapt to the "3 DAY throw away the diapers method" so we switched to pull ups and she is now telling us when she has to go and we also take her to the potty often. She still has accidents, but they don't involve nearly the mess because pull ups take care of it-but she tells me when she has to go, and sometimes after she's already gone. The travel potty is a lifesaver and we even set it up on the beach, and she went to sit on it several times. I'm not sure what people around us thought-but I didn't really care. I can't teach her it's ok to pee in ocean until she's got the whole gig down-right now-it's way too confusing to teach her "when it's ok" to wet your pants. LOL




She is a very headstrong lil diva who knows what she wants and knows how to get it. At times it can be infuriating, but at other times endearing. I have to watch her like a hawk, so my blogging and facebooking is strictly reserved for nap and bed time. :) I am really enjoying her and so is Sean (most of the time). Yesterday, I took her for a walk in the neighborhood pushing her in her pink car. Sean was at his buddies house and they built a ramp for their bikes and skateboards. Sean took over the car and ran Leeza up and over the ramp at full speed. She LOVED it. She is very brave-I think she will be a rollercoaster girl for sure!

7 comments:

Kim said...

Oh I loved the potty pic on the beach- too funny! Pull Ups are life savers! Glad she's geting the potty thing now!
Such a sweetie to be giving all those hugs!

Jeannine said...

First of all, Ouch!! Hope you are feeling better. The pic of the potty on the beach made me laugh. You are such a great mom!

Jstar said...

Way to grow, Leeza!

Kristan and Mark said...

I think Leeza is now as big as Sadie. Sadie grew tons the first 6 months home, from being off the charts (or only in the 3rd percentile), to being on the charts. I remember so vividly what a big deal that was to me and for her!

I'm glad she is turning in to a loving snuggly girl. Our babies have to learn this trait. While it may be part of who they are, they have to learn how to express it as they never had that exprience prior to finding their forever families.

How blessed are we to have that privlege and to see our girls learn to reciprocate it.

Okay, I'm getting teary eyed now.

She looks so grown up in the picture at the beach!

And the picture with her big brother is priceless. What added fun do our girls get to have because of their silly, irritating big brothers!

Karen said...

Happy Mother's Day Susan.

The potty on the beach picture is hysterical. Leeza is such a big girl—1/2" in two months is unheard of. Garrett only grew 3-1/2" in one year. Most be all of those hugs. :-)

Can't believe your boys didn't give you any attention over that horrible bruise. That had to smart. All in all, sounds/looks like you're having the time of your life being mom to two fantastic kids.

Jennifer said...

The potty at the beach pic was the best. So funny and cute!

That's impressive that she is growing so much! So tall! She's still got that cute little belly though. I know our girls won't like that belly in about 10 years, but right now, I just love it!

Tricia said...

Leeza the love bug :) So glad to hear that her heart is growing as much as her body. Tell Leeza that she can still be cuddly and a diva at the same time. Love the potty on the beach photo. So cute. She will laugh at that photo when she is older.