Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Leeza gets to meet another Kaz cutie..Mieke!!!


One good thing about living in the Sunshine State is that a lot of people visit when it's cold in their neck of the woods. We have been so fortunate to meet so many Kaz cuties...and I am delayed in posting about our latest meeting, on Wednesday, April 15th (also Sean's birthday!) when we met Mieke and her mommy Kristi!

Kristi's parents were staying at St Pete beach at a time share condo so we drove down and spent from 11:30 to about 2:30 with them. We had a great time,but the girls are both pretty active, and Leeza, the Florida girl, thougt the pool was too cold (I agreed), so she loved the hot tub, but Mieke, (clearly not a wuss like us Florida babes), LOVED the cold pool. So, it was rather difficult for Kristi and I to have much of a conversation since our girls were in seperate pools and still need adult supervision. :)

Since it was necessary to have "all hands on deck" to save a very adventurous Leeza from drowning, I didn't get very many pictures. :(
The few I did get, as you can see, were of the girls RUNNING on the beach. :)
We spent most of the time at the pool though, and it was really fun, although hard for the mommy's to get much chat time in. However-we are still so glad we got to meet Kristi and Mieke and that they are , of course, even more adorable then their pictures can convey. :)












After seeing Leeza delight in walking off the steps and going underwater, I have signed her up for private swimming lessons at our home starting on June 1st. I am excited, because she seems to love the water, and her brazeness and "cunningness" scares me. Even though we have the pool fence, based on how much time we'll be spending on and near the water this summer, I would feel much better with her knowing how to swim. Yesterday, while she was playing, I went out to get the mail. I came back inside, and she had climbed up the chair and was sitting smack dab in the middle of the kitchen table, eating a chip. YIKES! It's amazing how much trouble they can get into in the blink of an eye..SCARY.

However-she sure can be cute.....


10 comments:

Bill & Khadine said...

She sure IS cute in her adorable beach outfit and hat. Dylan won't leave a hat on for the life of him!

We'd absolutely love to meet you guys too, but unfortunately, we won't be going to Kazapalooza this year. If you guys come to Chicago, though, be sure to let us know! Maybe we'll make it to either Kazapalooza or FL next year.

Khadine

Jennifer said...

Yes, she sure can be VERY cute! And Mieke is so adorable too- I love the contrast between her coloring and Leeza's coloring. Both gorgeous little girls.

The swimming lessons sound very cool! We did them last winter with Gigi and they were very fun. We didn't have a safety reason for them though. You have quite the motivation to get her swimming on her own!

Joby and Marla said...

I need to look into swimming lessons for Kobe. He scares me in the bathtub. He loves to stick his head face first in the water. I just don't know if my nerves can handle taking him to the beach once the water gets warmer here.

So how many bathing suits does Leeza really own?????? Does she burn in the sun? Kobe is already starting to tan by just being out in the yard.

Lori @ Five of My Own said...

You are so lucky to meet all these Kaz cuties. It is like Leezapalooza!

BTW Leeza's outfit is killer. LOVE it!

Jstar said...

Swimming lessons are a great idea - we're really curious about how Sasha will react to a pool, but judging by her love for the bathtub, I think she'll take to it like... a fish loves water :)

Kristan and Mark said...

Look at Leeza all accessorized, looking like the Diva she is and Mieke is looking like a cutie too.

I think private lessons are a great idea.

Sadie was ready to learn last year, but we didn't/don't have a pool so it was hard to find anyone willing to teach a child under 2. Hoping to have better luck this year as she jumped in the deep in when we were at the Nick hotel and wasn't affected a bit when I pulled her from the botton.

The weather is great here. Still a little to cool for the water, but I bet it's great where you are.

marsrob said...

Glad to see those photos! SO CUTE!

Trudi said...

Leeza is a beach babe, that is FOR SURE. When it gets too hot and muggy there, you'll have to bring her to Nana T's on the other coast. I have all the beach playgrounds scoped out for whoever comes :)

Mieke is just adorable too - how fun they could meet.

Holly Trawick said...

The girls are both soooo adorable!

Leeza, I Love the bathing suit! :)

John & Jenny Morgan said...

Leezapalooza...that's cute, Lori! I can't wait to meet her and other Kaz kiddos! They're so cute and fun!