Saturday, April 11, 2009

A really GOOD Friday









We had a REALLY GOOD FRIDAY on, appropraitely named, Good Friday! We were invited to a lil easter egg hunt from one of Leeza's friends, Alexandra, in her Kindermusic class. It was so much fun and Alexandra's mom (oh my gosh, I forgot her name, too, I am so awful!!) was SO sweet and she had all these adorable activities for the kids. Poor Leeza-I am SO NOT THE CRAFTY MOM, but, fortunately for Leeza, I have a lot of friends who are! Sean came with us, and he was the best helper ever! He helped hide the eggs, did the video for Alexandra's mom, helped Leeza decorate her Easter bag, played with the kids, pushed them around the yard in the car with the broken handle, picked Leeza up for the slide, and was just a VERY VERY SWEET BIG BROTHER. Sometimes, I am so proud of that boy. I was telling him on the way home how proud I was of him and I started crying. :) He's like, "oh mom, big shocker there-why do girls get so emotional?" Don't get me wrong, he's not perfect, and the day before in carpool he was being so OBNOXIOUS I was ready to throw him out the window...but he made up for it on Friday.

As we were walking out the door to leave, Leeza decides she doesn't want to go, so she turns around and goes back inside their house. The grandmother says "Oh, she's quite contrary isn't she...she will be fun as a teenager"

HA! Don't I know it. She is REALLY stubborn about certain things, but so I am, so it's been interesting. I defintely have to pick my battles with Leeza, because I am contrary too! Despite the stubborn streak, she is repeating more and more words outloud. She went and sat on her potty and said "Pooh Pooh", but i couldn't get her diaper off fast enough so she had already started the process. I think potty training is going to have to start in earnest soon as her communication skills increase. She is defintely making the connection and I would love to save on diapers and spend the difference on fun things like...BOWS!










After the easter egg hunt, we came home and got packed up for the beach. A bunch of Wellington mom's and kids were meeting up for the afternoon. I was a lil worried because Leeza was missing nap time, but we are a go with the flow kind of family and I knew I could always leave early if she was a crab. However, she was a super trooper and we were there from noon to 5 and she had a blast! She is a great beach baby and entertains herself really well. She is getting much better at keeping her hat on without me constantly putting it back on. I am going to win the hat battle because I don't want her gorgeous face to get ruined by the sun. I was so worried because of how fair she is, but she is actually getting a nice lil tan and has never been burned at all! We are lucky because we spent a lot of time outside. :)
She LOVES hanging with the boys (Sean and his buddies)...I think we're gonna be in trouble!!!









She fell asleep on the way home, but she was covered in sand, so we had to wake her up. She got a second wind,(the amazing power of a 10 minute power nap and a bath?) and we went out to dinner for sushi and she rallied and stayed up until 9 o'clock! It was a VERY GOOD FRIDAY INDEED!

4 comments:

Julian and Sara said...

What a fun day!!! Leeza's dress for the easter egg hunt is so cute! Just like Leeza, of course.

We went to a friend's house for an egg hunt on Friday as well. I guess it was a Good Friday egg hunt rather than an Easter egg hunt....

I love all of Leeza's bows AND the Kaz princess bow holder. What a great idea!

Catalina said...

Oh! she is so beautiful!!! What a fancy mademoiselle she is!!! I love her outfits! Happy Eastern!
Catalina

dnd82001 said...

Happy Easter!!

What a beautiful family!!

Darlene

Kristan and Mark said...

What an awesome Good Friday.

Love her butterfly sandals, Sadie has that exact same pair. Imagine that, we have such good taste!

Sean is such an awesome big brother. He fits right up there with Ryan and Tanner in best big brothers ever! Ahhh, we are so blessed!