Friday, April 3, 2009

6 months (since GOTCHA DAY!!)



Eating apples at the baby house while waiting for Tatiana to come back from the court house with the judge's decree "SHE'S FREE!"


I'm showing this picture to Joe and Sean...HER HAIR HAS MOST DEFINTELY GROWN!!




Bye bye Baby house!!!



Home sweet Home (in Kostanai)







There are so many wonderful days worth celebrating with the birth of any child, but with adopted children, it seems there are even more! There is, of course, the day you started the adoption process, the day your dossier landed in country, the day you got your LOI, the day you met your child, your court date, GOTCHA DAY, and the day you came home. I know we won't be celebrating ALL these days with Leeza, but I know I will remember them in years to come.

Today is 6 months since "GOTCHA DAY", the day I got custody of Leeza for good as my daughter. Joe and Sean were back at home, and it was just Leeza and me. I was SO nervous about what she would think, and how she would adjust. I expected the worse, and prepared myself for tears and frustration. However...we were pleasantly suprised. Leeza came home like she knew that this was supposed to happen. In looking back at the pictures from that day (October 3rd, 6 months ago!!), I can't believe in many ways this is the same little girl. She looks so differnet to me in these pictures, she just seems like she is missing her "spark" , which has become so "character Leeza.". I vividly remember singing "I'm gonna get you girl, girl, girl, girl, girl, girl", over and over and just being so blissfully happy walking her around Kostanai in her ergo and being amazed at how well we were adjusting. I'm so proud to be Leeza's mommy and even though she's much sassier now, 6 months later, I really like her "sassy side", though at times it can be quite infuriating. :)



6 months later...


Here is that "attitude" I lovingly referred to as "her spark" that seemed to be missing 6 months ago..




14 comments:

Henry's mom said...

Happy 6th month Gotcha Day!

I LOVE your blog and I am sorry I have not commented before, forever me. I do check on you guys ALL time and love watching Leeza grow up. What a cutie pie, you are so blessed!

Her hair is for sure growing like crazy.

I remember my 6 month Gotcha Day with Henry and it seemed to big such a HUGE milestone in "our" relationship. It is hard to believe Henry has been home now for 16 months, where oh, where has the time gone?

Enjoy EVERY minute, it goes fast....

Carolyn - Mama to Henry B.1-22-07 a.11.07.07

Karen said...

Today's our Gotcha Day—so happy anniversary to the two of us.

Jennifer said...

Happy 6 months! Isn't the 6th month milestone amazing?! For some reason, that date really stuck with me!

She has definitely blossomed. And has more hair!!! :-)

She's just adorable- and I love all her accessories!

Jeannine said...

Wow, can't believe it's been six months already. God bless!

Thad and Ann said...

Happy Gotcha Day! Her hair has grown! She is adorable, I love her sassy pictures. :) Too cute!

Kelly and Sne said...

She really has thrived with you and your family! And her hair is growing long!

Kim said...

Wow - 6 months! It goes by so fast and look at how much Leeza has grown up! What a beauty!

Kristan and Mark said...

It's hard to believe that she's only been home six months.

I love her spark. I find it intersting that so many of these Kaz girlies have such "spark". But Sadie and Leeza are definitely overflowing with "spark".

Today Sadie said to me, "me mad". I said what? and she said "me mad." I said your mad? Yes she said. Mad at mommy? Yes she said, me mad mommy.

What did I do, I asked? She just said, me mad and stomped off.

Well excuse me little diva!

Anyway, Leeza's hair has grown a LoT and her bows are looking superb!! Beautiful! I love them!

Trudi said...

boy are you right - cute as a button in the BH but the spark didn't ignite til little Miss Leeza became a full fledged Serra. And looking back at those early pics - her hair has grown A LOT since you've gotten home. Happy, Happy 6 mo anni.

Aaron and Julie said...

Has it really been 6 months??? You are right, there are many milestone days to celebrate :) Leeza, you are a beautiful girl!

Julian and Sara said...

6 months!! It seems like just yesterday that we marvelled at the easy adjustment and happy happenings as Leeza came to live with you forever. How time flies! And how her hair is DEFINITELY growing!! I just love the "6 months later" photo of her in the blue shirt. It is "so" Leeza.

John & Jenny Morgan said...

Wow! It's hard to believe it's been six months! Leeza has definitely changed a lot, and yes, her hair HAS grown!!

Happy Day!

Kristen (and Cary) said...

Holy cow -- wow what a difference 6months and an awsome family makes.

Jstar said...

I know exactly what you mean about the spark - I look back even now (only a month later!) at our first photos of Sasha and she looks so... different. They are sure amazing little girls, aren't they?!?

So I have to ask about the ear piercing. I should look back in your archive, but I'm lazy - how did that go? I'm kinda thinking about piercing Sasha's, but not sure if I'm up for it yet.