Sunday, November 16, 2008

Our little "WalkStar"



Leeza took her most steps ever this morning! She even walked, TURNED AROUND at Sean (no hands, no help) and walked back to me. I am bummed I did not have the camera ready....

I was at a baby shower today (missed Leeza like mad when I was gone) and I got home and she RAN to me-it was the sweetest thing-and gave me a big huge baby kiss. Best gift in the ENTIRE WORLD! I'm sure that she will prefer crawling for awhile, until she gets more confident-but I am amazed at how fast she "got it" and when we push her too much, she looks at you, and shakes her head NO NO NO and crawls. :)


Since Rylie lives in Arizona and is too far to have more tea parties with, Leeza had a tea party with Miles. Miles is never far away from Leeza-which tends to hamper how far she can walk because a big white massive furball is often right in the way. He is not happy unless he is in the middle of all the action.





Sean is a pretty good big brother, I have to admit. Here he is, feeding Leeza her oatmeal with bananas this morning. :) Of course, Miles is right there too!






Leeza was fussing because I was twisting her lil earrings in her ear so they don't stick to her ear. Sean told her "Leeza, your life is soooooooo rough. There are starving children all over the world, and your are crying because Mommy doesn't want your ears to get infected...GET OVER IT!" AND, because big brother rocks, she stopped fussing immediately. It's so funny.
Yesterday, he was entertaining her while she was on the potty by playing his dombra. I hear him in there saying "NO, Leeza, you don't BANG the strings, you STRUM, LET ME SHOW YOU, STRUM!!" I was cracking up.

Leeza will be home a month on Tuesday. It's so weird-we've only known her for 4 1/2 months and she's only been here for almost 4 weeks, but it seems like she's always been here too. She is such a perfect fit and I've loved her for so long-I guess that is why it's so seamless. Kazakhstan has changed all of us so much-and I am still seeing the ways that it's changed me and I am forever humbled and just feel continually blessed.

My kiddo's...





Enjoy the video-I finally got one!!!

22 comments:

Jennifer said...

Those are some serious walking skills!! Way to go Leeza!

You've been home for almost a month already?! Really!? It seems like you arrived home just last week. Time goes by so fast.

The tea party with Miles is great. He seems so attentive. :-)

You guys sound amazing. Sean's "get over it" cracks me up. I'm so happy for you and glad your life is absolutely amazing. She is so darn cute! I love that bow in her hair!

Trudi said...

Loved the video, loved the tea set (I wonder if Aila needs one? :)) and loved the big brother stories. What a blessed family you are.

The Cook said...

OMG, that video is sooooo cute. love it! yeah leeza

Tricia said...

She is really walking great! Look out, she will be all over the place soon. Isn't it cute when they are first learning? They hold their arms up in the air. That is great that Miles likes her, too. Sean is a great big brother!

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous that she'll play "tea." Alexa would just throw the utensils around and that would be that ;-) Maybe Leeza can civilize Alexa sometime soon!
Shannon

Holly Trawick said...

Whoo Hoo Leeza!!!
I love the noises she makes when she is walking - that is the sound of happiness!

Sean - your a GREAT big brother!

Maren and Peter said...

Hi!
I am so glad that I can finally access your blog. You sent me an invite but I never could get it to work. Anyway, I just wanted to say congratulations on your little one. I am happy that you are finally home safe and sound with your sweet little girl. She's adorable!

Kelly and Sne said...

What a great group of kids you have - even the furry one!

kitzkazventure said...

Amazing Leeza! How cute! Love the little dress at the beginning...she is such the pink diva!

kitzkazventure said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John & Jenny Morgan said...

Go Leeza!!

marsrob said...

The photos of Sean feeding Leeza are PRICELESS. What an amazing big brother he is! WOW.

And YAY she's walking! It IS such an exciting thrill, isn't it?!!!

I feel the same way about Kazakhstan. Marshall said to me last night (after I got pissed seeing the offensive "borat-like" promos for Amazing Race which took place in Almaty) that he is blown away about how Kaz-focused I am - I am! I am always talking about Kaz, thinking about other Kaz families, talking about the incredible experience we had in Semey, etc. It was and is an amazing place with amazing people and history. We are so blessed to have children who started their lives tthere.

I'll watch the video when Aila wakes up. Don't want to watch it now for fear of waking her up!

Kristen (and Cary) said...

Wow - I can't beleive she is walking. Sean is the best big brother.

Jaimie, Gena and Berik said...

I love all the noises she made along the way! She is too cute!! Seriously Sean is great to help, how special and Miles, well he is simply adorable. What a great family! Gena

Patrick & Eileen said...

Hey Susan,
I just had fun going through your blog. Time has sure flown! Miles is adorable with her.

That's awesome that you were able to meet Sara and Rylie - they were so cute together.

Little Leeza is a superstar! I'm really happy for all of you :)

Thanks for writing on our blog. I so appreciate the feedback and girl chat!

Eileen

Chris & Christy said...

Ohhhhhhh that was wonderful! So many memories! :) I love how they just waddle backa and forth so unsure, and she was talking the entire time, totally proud of herself I am sure. :)

Thanks for sharing.

Those eyes, WOW!

Christy

Regina said...

Your girl has a swagger!

Man she is so stinkin' cute! I am so happy for you and your beautiful family. Life is good!

Karen said...

Sean is the best big brother—do you loan him out on occasion? I think Sean and Garrett would crack each other up. They seem to have the same sense of humor. Garrett watched the Amazing Race the other night, the segment that was filmed in Kaz. Later that night, I was reading him a story and it had a dog strumming a banjo. I asked him what instrument it was and he said it a "dolbra" (I think he meant to say dombra). He cracked up when I started correcting him. (There was dombra on the show.) I know those two would have a blast together.

Our Family of Bloggers said...

Good job Leeza!!! It is amazing to think that five months ago, you did not even know eachother, and look at you now! A beautiful family :-) And we think Miles is super cute too, so Rylie isn't offended she was replaced. The sad thing is, I think Miles looks like he was better behaved at Leeza's tea party than my Rylie!
And Sean is so cute feeding his little sis. That is going to be one protective big bro!

XOXO

Unknown said...

FINALLY I have a connection fast enough to read up on little Leeza. She is more beautiful than ever and growing so fast! It is so good to be home and to be able to be in better contact with friends. We may be heading out to dinner tonight to the restaurant in Freeport I've told you about with the big deck (a little too cold right now) and play area for kids. Our first family outing in Maine!

Tracy said...

OMGosh that is so darn cute!

She is doing wonderful.

Tracy

Joyce said...

Very cool Leeza! What a good walker you are!
Love,
Kaz Grandmama Joyce