Sunday, November 9, 2008

My girl wants to party all the time, party all the time..party all the TIIIIMMME!




At my parents hotel on Clearwater beach in her bathing suit, eating animal crackers form her Mimi

Remember that song "Party all the Time" that the chorus went like this...
My girl wants to party all the time

Party all the time
party all the time.
My girl wants to party all the time
party all the time.

She parties all the time - party all the time

She likes to party all the time - party all the time

party all the time - she likes to party all the time

party all the time.


Well, that song is defintely OUR daughter lil Leeza Grace "Party on" Florida style Serra! She had a big weekend this weekend and she was loving every minute of it!

My parents arrived here from Dallas on Friday night-where they met Leeza the "enchantress" for the first time. Of course, they had followed our blog and had seen a bajillion pictures of her, but had yet to meet her. She of course, turned on the charm and they loved meeting their newest grandaughter.

Here we are on the balcony of their hotel on Saturday...






We had to leave the pool and the beach before we really wanted to because Leeza needed an afternoon nap before her "Sip and See" open house that started at 5, and Sean's busy social life needed him home by 2:15 for a sleepover party at his buddies house.

Isn't her bathing suit the cutest? Thank you so much Matthew and Suzanne, Alyona and Andrey!!! It fit her so wonderfully!

Leeza LOVED the pool-and even went underwater! I really want to get her in swimming lessons-but due to the time of year, the rate I got at the nearby pool was $27 for ONE 30 MINUTE LESSON because it's a private lesson. I think that is crazy, so I am going to keep looking around. Sean always did group lessons and it was never that much-but maybe my mind is stuck back in 1999 prices instead of 2008 prices.
We are going to heat our pool (it's heated, but we gotta fill the gas tank) cuz Leeza sure loves the water. I knew she would cuz she "swims" in the bathtub and even puts her face in the water.

We even took her down to the beach-and the water was kinda cold. She LOVED it and was so happy to watch the waves roll in. She also ate some sand-yum!!!She walked all the way back to the hotel (it was a loooong walk, holding my hand, but on loose sand!!!) and I was so proud of her. I think she is going to be walking, or running-all on her own, very very soon!!

Swimming, going under water, and going on marathon walks up the beach wear a girl out--good thing Mimi hooked me up with some nutrition!!





My first "Sip and See" was hosted by my wonderful friends Maria and Patti Saturday from 5-8. Patti is "the hostess with the mostess" and brought all the yummy food and drinks all the way to our house, and hosted the "open house" at our house. I am really bummed because I didn't get ONE SINGLE PICTURE! I was too busy hauling Leeza around and socializing to even think about my camera. I am so bummed because Patti looked stunning-and Leeza was truly "the belle of the ball!" I am not sure how many people came-but it was a good turn out and we had so many kids there! Patti's fiancee has 2 sets of twin girls-Ashley and Brianna who are 6, and Caitlyn and Danielle, who are 3. I had 3 boys, 2 who were 2 and one who was 18 months, a 3 year old girl, a 4 year old girl, and 2 6 year old girls, an 8 year old girl, and a 10 year old girl! Leeza was "fawned" over not only by adults-but the lil girls just made sure she had everything she needed. The lil twin 3 year olds kept bringing her bread into her room. She loved the brown bread, but she couldn't eat the 20 pieces they brought her. It was really cute! We also had a wonderful visit from 2 other Kaz cuties-Alyona and Andrey-who live close by in Palm Harbor. I had met them once before, when they came home from Kaz-and it was wonderful to see them. I didn't get a chance to chat much with Suzanne and Matt-their incredible parents-but it was great to see the kids runnign around and having fun.

The open house was from 5-8 and everyone was gone by 8:30 , but it felt like midnight. However, the party girl, Ms. Leeza (who did take 2 steps on her own)at the party did not want to sleep. I finally got her in bed at 10:30 and collapsed myself! She usually goes to bed at 9 but she was way too wound up for sleeping! PARTY ON MOM!!

She was baptised today at church too-but that was a momenteous occasion so it deserves it own post! She looked like an angel and didn't even cry when Jack walked her down the aisle and the congregation sang "Jesus Loves Me" to her. I was up front with my parents, Joe's parents, and Sean and Jillian, bawling like a baby! God is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good~!!!

I am so grateful for all my wonderful friends who hosted the party for Leeza-and for the ones who made the effort to come by and meet her. Leeza is just the perfect lil Serra-she fits in so well to our family and her adjustment has been just incredible. She just seems like she has been here her entire life-and I feel like she has too. :) I am so proud of her and so grateful for our lil Kazakh blessing.

10 comments:

Hanks Family Adoption Journey said...

She looks soo precious in that little suit...adorable little beach baby :)

Julian and Sara said...

Hmmmm. Channeling your inner Eddie Murphy song catalogue? Not sure about your taste in music. But your daughter is still beautiful, nevertheless.

Anonymous said...

You are in SO much trouble in about ohh... 15 years when that blue eyed beauty heads to Clearwater Beach..... ;-)

Wish I could have given her a hug and a kiss, but hopefully soon 'cause I want to be back at the beach too, and so does Alexa!!!

Shannon

Tricia said...

Leeza looks adorable in her bathing suit! I am jealous. Check out today's blog entry for the attire we are now wearing. I think our first trip will be to sunny Florida! It sounds like you had an awesome weekend. I can't wait to read about her big day at church. I know how special it was to you.

Holly Trawick said...

What a cutie! I love her little suit!

Angela said...

Just reading about your weekend makes me tired! Leeza is an adorable girl with stamina that's for sure.

Sounds great and I am glad that she met her grandparents.

Cute bathing suit!

John & Jenny Morgan said...

That is a gute bathing suit! I'm glad it's not too cold to wear it!

Tracy said...

What a cutie in that green suit. I am so glad that she fits into your family so well. She looks like a lot of fun. I have enjoyed all of the posts and the great adventure to make her a part of your beautiful family.

Tracy

Jennifer said...

You guys sound like you are so happy. And so busy! And I can believe Leeza was the belle of the ball!

All I've got to say is, "TWO sets of twins?! Wow!"

Sam said...

So I am reading this ( have been a bad blog reader) going AWWW they took a vacation. then i remembered ahhh they live in florida. i scraped snow off my car today.....drat.....
Thought of you the other day. I called someone a Sleepy McSleeperson.......