Thursday, November 6, 2008

Leeza's new "BFF"


Leeza and Miles are new "BFF's" despite the fact that Miles has been known to steal cheese and cookies right from Leeza's lil hands!!! He is really a "gentle giant" and is very tolerant of Leeza kissing him, and laying on top of him.




It appears that Mommy is a "magnet" because wherever I go-I have a big white dog and a lil blonde princess folowing my every move. Yesterday morning, Miles laid on Leeza's Kaz rug in her room while he waited patiently for her to wake up. It was really cute!!! Leeza is a late sleeper-she woke up at 6:30 the first week home-no doubt because she heard all the commotion of everyone getting up and getting ready for school and work. However, she would be yawning the whole way to school, so we'd come home and I would just put her back to bed. Now, Joe waits to leave for work until after I get home from taking Sean to school because Leeza sleeps until 8:45 or 9 am. She continues to be a great sleeper and has not woken up during the night once! She goes to bed around 9 pm-although she has pulled a couple 7:30 bed times due to running around in the afternoon with big brother and Mom, thus missing her afternoon nap that she really needs. I prefer to keep her on schedule when possible because going to bed at 7:30 deprives of her valueable Daddy time. She is now totally bonded to her Daddy-and allows him the pleasure of feeding her, and even the "coveted" milk and cookie job at night. :)





She continues to be a fantastic eater. Her new favorite is the new V8 soups that come in the box-she ate almost a whole box (2 cups in a box) leaving mom about 5-10 bites left. Yesterday, she had 2 Yo Baby yogurts, and we went to meet some friends for a birthday lunch. She ate my entire cup of aspargus soup (well, I got a few bites) and half my spinach and asparagus quiche. The girl sure can eat-but I love that she loves healthy food! She does get cookies too-but I try to make those as "healthy" as possible! She also LOVES her Nana's (Joe's mom's) homemade chicken noodle soup and can eat a "Mom" size bowl of it in no time flat. We are so fortunate that Nana only lives 5 minutes away and is thrilled that Leeza loves her soup.

She's still too cautious to walk yet-but can cruise from the couch to the coffee table. Check out all this hair coming in-


Leeza has a room full of toys-but yet she is loving playing with her big brother's smelly shoes-and these erasers Sean got in a goody bag from a birthday party. She carries them around and enterains herself by throwing them and crawling after them. It's so funny!!!



I will try to get a pic or video of her saying MAMA and her doing her newest gesture when you say LEEZA WHAT HAPPENED??!!! It's pretty cute-of course we think everything she does is ADORABLE!!

16 comments:

Kristen (and Cary) said...

My goodness she's a great sleeper! How'd you get so lucky? My boys were horrible sleepers so I'm hoping Baby Kaz will be a good one --- I've earned it. (Of course I actually have to get to Kaz and meet her/him....)

Jill and Brian Erlandson said...

It is so cute that Leeza and the dog are best buds!

Angela said...

So glad Leeza and Miles are getting along. How cute that he waits for her to get up!

Alia sleeps like a champ too - morning nap, afternoon nap and all night (~8-8). She is a little resistant to the afternoon nap, but I am pretty persistent because that is the one she needs. If she doesn't then she makes this dinosaur noise non-stop . . . her form of whining. Our friends hate us because we have 2 kids that sleep :).

Our Family of Bloggers said...

Okay, seriously I cannot believe she is such a good sleeper, and that she sleeps in her crib. I love Rylie more than anything, but man does she hate to sleep, especially by herself! I am jealous. And what a lucky girl to have such a cool mommy, daddy, big bro, and DOG. Miles is such a cute dog. What a good, patient boy.
I love her hair growing in. She is such a beauty, and we get to meet her!!!! Yippeee! Rylie and I can't wait to see Leeza, and of course you too :-)
xoxoxo

Stacy said...

She is gorgeous. Gotta love those Kaz sleepers. i have one too!! Must be that Kaz blood running thru their bodies!!

Anonymous said...

Cruising first, all over the place next ;-)

Great photos1
Shannon

Tricia said...

That is awesome that she sleeps so well and that she and the doggie are getting along great. She really is growing some hair!

Karen said...

All that soup must be good for hair follicles—I'll be sure to pass that tip along to Bob (LOL). She's a cutie.

Bill & Khadine said...

I finally had time to read all your latest posts...great updates! I'm glad Leeza is settling in nicely and that she is getting along well with your pooch. That was rough going over here for a while. Aimee did not much like giving up being the only "child" in our lives. They are just finally getting along OK right now.

Oh yes, say goodbye to eating a whole plate of food ever again unless Leeza is sleeping. Dylan always wants to eat what's on my plate, even if he has the exact same thing on his!

Glad to hear things are going well for you guys. I love all the hair Leeza is getting. She's going to look so cute in pigtails!

Khadine

PS. Thanks for the compliments! It's a combination of chasing Dylan around, having him eat half my food, and being on the Points (WW) :-)

dnd82001 said...

Leeza is a beauty!!

Nicholas is a great eater as well and I'm sticking to a healthy diet as well (on occassion some healty cookies). Today when I went in for my Chai at Dunkin the women was just about to hand him some muchkins - you thought she was handing him hot coffee I was like no no no- she looked at me like I was insane - I said he hasn't had them yet but thank you anyway!! Why start him on stuff he doesn't need - I don't eat that stuff so why should he although I'm sure his poppa will be the good guy and start giving him all the things momma is against - like McDonalds I haaven't eaten any fast food in well over 20 years so I just don't see me bringing him up on that stuff - but I'm sure poppa will!!!

Darlene

Matthew Ruley said...

Man I am so jealous of the sleeping thing! I can't even sleep at night - I just lay there in bed staring at the door waiting for someone to come in.

We'll be there Sat - sorry my email and internet have been down for a few days.

John & Jenny Morgan said...

Leeza did look like Miles in her costume!

Aaron and Julie said...

She sleeps until 9?????? The halloween pics were adorable - how fun :) The scrapbooks your friends created made me cry!

Catalina said...

very cute pcitures of Leeza and Miles. Max is a very good friend too. He adores the children, is very protective and also is enjoys to still food from them. How lucky you are!!! I wish I got some sleep especially weekends, Yulia goes to sleep at 8 - 8:30 pm and she is always up at 7 am. she naps 1-2 hrs/day.

Alysa said...

The girl and her dog! Or maybe it's the dog and his girl! Either way, TOO CUTE! Miles is obviously as smitten as the rest of the family with the little blond princess.

So glad life is so good for the Serras!

Jennifer said...

Isn't it just so great when they love the animals and the animals love them? That's just one of the most heartwarming things.