Sunday, November 23, 2008

Garage sale steals!!


I have never really been a "garage saler", I really don't like having them and I rarely go to them, but SOMETIMES someone else's "junque" is really another's "treasure". My neighborhood had several garage sales this weekend and I scored a chair for Leeza for $3, some of those foam pastel things for the floor (we have tile-hard on the butt!) for $2, and my very favorite find...a practically brand new high chair for $15.


Sean used to have a lil Winnie the Pooh couch that folded out that he just LOVED so I was looking for something like that. I had looked at a few things but they were all so EXPENSIVE, and as everyone knows-after spending so much time in Kaz-the "Money tree" out back is bare. :) I love this lil chair and I loved the $3 price tag even better. :)

Think she likes her chair?


Now I am looking for a sand table. Leeza LOVED playing with the one at her friend MacCaiden's house and it would be great on our screened in porch out back, but I am cheap, so I would rather find one at a yard sale for a few bucks. :)


I was so used to NOT having a high chair that I wasn't in a real hurry to get one. Leeza ate on my lap, and then we got a booster seat as a gift that worked great. I knew I needed to get her one though since it's so much easier to feed herself that way. I had looked at a few consigment stores, but they were all "ugly" and still around $50. Now I am so glad I waited, since the one we got for $15 is PERFECT and Leeza seems to love it! It belonged to some grandparents whose grandchildren used it when they came to visit-so needless to say it looked brand new!




Leeza LOVES to eat and eats more than I've seen any kiddo eat. She suprises everyone as to where she puts it all-but she is defintely filling out and getting stronger cuz girls that like to walk, and prefer to run, need lots of energy. :)

Here is today's lunch...chicken, green beans, and an apple. YUM!



She is a neat lil eater, for a baby, at least I think so. She doesn't like her face or her hands dirty, and always wants the wash cloth close by to "wash her face." This cracks me up because I am "messy Melvin" to this day, and was always the kid who had food all over their shirt. Fortunatly, she DOES not seem to take after her very messy mommy. :)

Now....you saw that was a pretty big lunch. Let's see how much she ate...




Going....


Going......



Almost all gone!!




Who has a full belly??

13 comments:

Holly Trawick said...

GREAT Deals... you go girl!

What a cutie she is in her high chair! I love the look on her face in that last pic!

We still haven't decided when we are coming down to the beach house, but you will be the first to know once we make our plans! Can't wait to see you guys!

Unknown said...

Great find in your chair. And a cute baby too!
I found you through a google search for garage sale posts!
Diane

Unknown said...

You are too funny and a true shopper! Of course Doug and I LOVE yard sales so we're happy to see you are still finding great bargains! Leeza is looking more beautiful every day!

Jaimie, Gena and Berik said...

You did awesome with your garage sale deals! It is amazing sometimes what you can find. As for the eating, she seems to be the girl version of Berik. Lol!! Gena

Our Family of Bloggers said...

Awesome deals! Very good shopping! I cannot believe how much Leeza eats- that is wonderful. Honestly, if I can get Rylie to eat ANYTHING besides yogurt, american cheese, or nila wafers, it is a good day in our house. But a plate like that- that would be a dream!

John & Jenny Morgan said...

Roxana doesn't like to get her hands dirty either and also loves to wipe her mouth. When she gets food on her hands, she shakes them(flinging the food across the room) and says "Yucky!"

I can't believe Leeza ate all of that food. Seriously, where does it go?

marsrob said...

WOW - a great eater! Aila is such a picky, delicate eater. I have to cut up her apple slices into "bite" sizes or she'll not eat them! Go Leeza!

Alysa said...

Great finds! I went nuts at our subdivision garage sales last spring. Good deals on toys though.

And what a little eater you have! She is so cute! Brady likes to chow too, but we still need to work on the chewing thing. Sigh.

Matthew Ruley said...

What a cutie (sorry I'd read your post a few days ago but I don't know what happened to my comment!) So impressed she'll eat greenbeans. What a cute expression, she looks like Uncle Sam Wants You.

The Cook said...

OMG her eyes melt me. Awesome deals!

Tracy said...

look at her earings! I must have missed the post about getting those done. So cute!

Ok... tell me where you got the bib. I always see the love my big sister ones. I want that one with the frog and love my big brother.

Great deals on everything. I am a deall hunter too. I have been looking on Craigs list. Still have not found just what I want though.

Tracy

Kristen (and Cary) said...

I love the bargains. I can't believe how much she eats. I know about the money tree -- we are just starting to pick and it's going fast!

Chris & Christy said...

Okay, Leeza nearly eats as much as Zahria.....and I didn't think that was possible. Zahria's favorite word is Cracker, Cracker. She is always asking for something to eat. Little Piggies!

Christy