Saturday, March 1, 2008

Happy Anniversary Baby!





Today is our 11 year wedding anniversary! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY HONEY!!
We had a nice dinner out last night, and today was busy with Sean's annual school picnic, and tonight we have a baseball game. We are home between activities "resting" and doing laundry. We don't have a scanner, so I took a picture of some old wedding photo's. I can't believe it's been 11 years. :) When I met Joe, his son Joey was 15, and his daughter, Jillian, was 12. He was a single dad, "doing it all". I was pretty impressed that this man could cook, do laundry, and even sew Jillian's ballet costumes. Now, after 11 years of wedded bless, Joey is 28, Jillian is 25 (she'll be 26 this summer), Sean is 9 (almost 10), and we hope to travel this summer to meet the newest Serra family member. He is a real trooper, starting all over with more kiddo's when his kids are grown and out of the house. I feel very blessed to have met such a wonderful father and patient man. He is the best!! He is my rock-THANK YOU SWEETIE FOR PICKING ME!!!
Today, at the picnic, I found "my baby", a little boy named Dane who is 13 months old. I always hold him at school, and he knows me pretty well. His parents were excited because then they get a break and they can actually eat, and chase their 5 year old daughter around. I took DAne, and was standing in line for food. Andrea (Dane's mommy) kept asking me, "are you sure, i can take him", and i was like, NOPE, I need the practice. It's a fun challenge to hold a kid, get your own food, try to eat your own food and then feed him his food too. Joe was so cute with him too. Andrea said,"Wow, your husband is really excited about bringing ANOTHER BABY HOME?" I said, well, yeah, of course he is, HE BETTER BE! So, I have watermelon stains all over my white t-shirt, and Dane's diaper leaked and he peed on my shirt (probably cuz I fed him like 10 pieces of watermelon...LOL)

I think all the "S" Florida momma's are traveling very soon. Sandi leaves Thursday, Shannon JUST got her LOI this past Friday and leaves next Friday, and Suzanne and Matt will probably be leaving very soon as well. I was telling Sean about it and he said "Wow, mom, we are totally getting left out!" What is taking so long anyway, BABY KAZ NEEDS US!

Yes, my son, she does, but we have to be patient. If I could just really believe that summer is our time I think I could relax some. I really don't want to go until May, that would be perfect for us. However, we don't know when we'll go, and that is what is so hard. I sometimes think we are NEVER going to get to go, and my heart breaks. Plus, I'm extra hormonal right now (its a monthly thing) so I know that is part of why I got a lil sad this week.

My horoscope today said this today:

Dear Susan,
Here is your horoscope
for Saturday, March 1:

Somehow, life is a little bit harder than it was just yesterday. It's a temporary situation -- but it may not look like it from your perspective! See if you can relax enough to take some time out for yourself.

20 comments:

Chrissy and Russell said...

Susan, Whoa... I'm totally not superstitious... but that horoscope was freaky. Can I just pretend that it's my own horoscope, too? Tell Sean I feel the same way... left behind! But I know that can't be right... I know in my heart-of-hearts that we'll travel at the exact right time to meet the exact right little kiddo. If I've waited this long, I can wait a little longer. Sigh....

Angela said...

Funny we were feeling the same way today and happen to have the same horoscope! Yep, I'm a Gemini too! Our turn will come. Who knows, maybe we'll celebrate our birthdays in Kaz.

Happy Anniversary!

Aaron and Julie said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! Love the wedding pics - you guys are a fabulous couple :)

Focus on this part of your horoscope: See if you can relax enough to take some time out for yourself.

Hang in there, my friend. Lots of prayers & hugs your way :)

Thad and Ann said...

Happy Anniversary! Your wedding pic's are beautiful. Anytime you want practice with little tykes...just head my way. ;)

Matthew Ruley said...

Happy anniversary! You two make a very handsome couple then, and today as well. I cant get over all that hair!

This adoption thing is not a race. And when Shannon, Sandi and your dossiers made it out of translation and the embassy in a matter of days when mine had rotted there for months, I felt sure that you guys would pass me up. Especially when I watched how long it took for my old agency to get people to Kaz. So I do understand... I think you'll be buzzing over there fast.

The most important thing is that we have Kaz playdates!

Angela said...

Can I say that I have been feeling the EXACT same way this week. I have been down on the process and fearful that we just won't go. I have really figured out that I don't mind the wait, I just want to KNOW we will go. Then, I read something on one of the YAHOO! lists that says Kazakhstan is not accepting dossiers from the U.S. Hopefully, it is a rumor - there is one major one every few months - but that just about did it yesterday.

Then, I felt calm again. I sent an SOS out to Jennifer of Gigi, Jim & Jennifer and took a time out. I received a very informative email back. It is so great to have this community to lean on when you need to. I keep asking myself what is the worst that can happen here. I can live through the worst. My stressing and freaking out is doing nothing to help. Even if a rumor is true, what can I do about it? Nothing.

So, I am back to "leaf in the stream" and enjoying my life as-is . . . and believing that we will probably go to somewhere in Kazakhstan sometime in 2008 to meet our little girl.

Finally, Happy Anniversary! 11 years is great! I am so glad that you have each other. You are awesome and Joe sounds like the perfect guy for you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Susan and Joe! Can't wait to hear about your LOI very very soon ;-)
Shannon

marsrob said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you have quite a marvelous husband and we also hope you get to go to Kaz soon!!!!

Jennifer said...

Happy anniversary! What a sweet message to Joe.

Seems this is a funky week altogether. Even I'm feeling it, and it has nothing to do with travel! Ah well.

You know, anytime you want to get your lil' kid fix, you're more than welcome to come to my house and enjoy my little tornado. Really and truly. Anytime. Just drop on in. :-)

Kim said...

Happy Anniversary!

Peeing on me was a favorite move of Noah's when he was younger, nice right!

Tricia said...

Your child will be blessed with lots of love from all of those siblings and parents with lots of experience. Happy Anniversary!

Jaimie, Gena and Berik said...

Happy anniversary!! You two looked so cute!! You will go when you are "supposed to go" according to the master plan :) and you know what I am referring to! But your horoscope is a little bit freaky I'd say. By the way I updated, so there is a surprise for ya! Gena

Stacy said...

Happy Anniversary!! Love the pics! I know the waiting is hard, just keep yourself busy! It will be here before you now it!

Susan's Awesome Step Daughter said...

I miss ballet class. I should sign back up again. I can still pointe my toes like a champ!

Happy Anniversary, Love you guys!

Julian and Sara said...

Happy Anniversary (belated)! Loved reading the post. Hope you travel soon. :)

Sara

Our Family of Bloggers said...

Happy Anniversary, Susan and Joe! Wishing you guys many more years of happiness together. Totally not a horoscope person either, but that is a little crazy. Definitely have to agree with an earlier comment... focus on the relax and take time for yourself part of it!

Susan's Awesome Step Daughter said...

Oh, and by the way. I found a dance studio and they have invited me to come audition and take classes with their company!!

YEAH!

Regina said...

Oh those pictures are so great! I love the verse next to the one.

Happiest Anniversary to you guys, and may you have many many many more years of wedded bliss!

Hang in there...your "funk" will be over soon! We've all been there. But I know what you mean about being worried something big will happen, like Kaz closing down completely, before we can get there and bring our children home. It's a big fear lately. Very hard to think about. Fingers crossed!

Patrick & Eileen said...

Oh Susan....how did I miss checking in with your blog???

Happy Belated Anniversary! Here's wishing you many more :)

Tell Sean we know the feeling....we're ready to go to Kaz too.

Kelly and Sne said...

Happy Anniversary! You look so cute and happy. How lucky you both are! And how ready you are Susan to become a mommy to a baby again...

Finally yes, I feel the same way as expressed in your horrorscope... Hurry up and get on with it already! Although a wise friend of mine thinks - from a Taoist perspective - that something needs to happen before we get our LOI. Perhaps that something is as simple as letting go of the anxiety.