Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter, Happy Spring, Happy Naurez everyone!



Great shot of Sean captured during the Great Easter Egg hunt with his cousins
Since today is the day we celebrate Easter, but this is also the week we celebrated the first day of spring, and our friends in Kazakhstan were out celebrating Naurez, I thought it only appropriate to salute my blogging community with all three greetings!

Sean woke me up at 6:30 this morning asking if I thought the EB came. I said, yeah, probably, why don't you go look? He ran out, and came back all dejected and said, No, there is nothing. However, the EB is smart because he knows that Miles (the 92 lb labradoodle who loves all things chocolate) would devour the EB'S goodies so he left it on top of the fireplace mantle.




After encouraging Sean to look a lil harder, he was happy when he found his stash. :) I know he no longer believes in the EB but I still love doing it and he still loves getting it.

We made the coolest things today in Sunday school...called "Resurrection rolls". It was a lil messy and crazy with 60 kids making them, but fun nonetheless and teaches the lesson of Easter quite well. Each kiddo gets a marshmellow, and a square of a cresent roll. The marshmellow represents Jesus. You roll Jesus in butter and cinnamon and sugar (the oils and herbs that Jesus rubbed on himself) and then you roll the marshmellow in the crescent roll (the crescent roll represents the linens Jesus' body was wrapped in before he was buried in the tomb). Put the marshmellow wrapped crescent in the "tomb" (aka, the oven). The marshmellow melts, and whoa, you don't see it anymore, because Jesus has risen and you get a tasty snack. :)

The girls were all so cute in there Easter dresses and the boys looked so handsome. I just love my kiddo's in Sunday school. They're so cute and sweet and I really am blessed to know these kids. I love teaching. :) It's so gratifying.

After that, we came home to make our famous "pumpkin cupcakes" for Easter dinner at Joe's cousins. We hid 206 eggs and Sean was one happy boy. We hid a $20 and a $5 in 2 of the eggs-and he found both of the "money" eggs. It was really cute. We were really blessed with a gorgeous day today. It's sunny, no humidity, and not hot in the least. Yesterday, Sean's baseball game was rained out in the 3rd inning. It rained ALL afternoon-but today was gorgeous.









Sean and his "Papa"

I couldn't help but wonder if perhaps next Easter we'll be introducing a Kazakhstani kiddo to the holiday of Easter and Naurez....I sure hope so. I pray a lot about it these days.



Joe holding Brooke, age 5 months
Sean and his Florida cousins



18 comments:

Aaron and Julie said...

You hid 206 eggs!!!!! Wow.

Happy Easter :)

Susan's Awesome Step Daughter said...

Happy Easter! Congrats to Bubba, I'm glad he finally got the money egg!
I'm sorry I couldn't be there with you guys to celebrate, however, I'll hopefully see you Saturday.

Thank you again for my Easter basket; you wanna talk about Sean being too old, I'm pushing up on 26soon and you still got me one! Haha.

I really appreciated it and thankful to have awesome parents.

Love you lots!!!!!!!

The Cook said...

Sean is so cute and looks like he has such a fun little personality. Love it! Happy Easter.

Jennifer said...

Happy Easter to you too! Those resurrection rolls sound cool! I'll have to remember them for when Gigi gets a little older.

I so envy your warm weather! But you already knew that. I took pics of Miss Munchkin today in her Easter dress and if you look closely, you can see snow flakes in the picture. Waaaaaah... (That's me crying in case you couldn't tell.)

Cute pics of Sean. I loved the one of hubby with Brooke. Very sweet!

At church today, one lady asked how old Gigi was. I told her, "Almost 16 mo." The lady replied, "Oh, so this is her second Easter." I said with a big smile, "This is her first one with us!" It's a lot of fun being able to celebrate all these firsts with a child old enough to at least dress up, if not fully understand! :-) I can't wait for next Easter for you!

Gretchen said...

That looks like so much fun. Happy Easter!

Matthew Ruley said...

Happy easter! Sounds like a great celebration to me! I'm impressed by all the eggs!

Thad and Ann said...

looks like you had lots of fun! I'm in awe of all those eggs. :)

Kim said...

Holy Moly - 206 eggs! I could barely stand the 52 we did. We did not put any money in our eggs, just lots of chocolate that we get to eat! :)

Sonya said...

Sounds like you guys had an awesome Easter and Nuarez! I am impressed that you actually hid that many eggs!!

Sonya

Regina said...

Wow, sounds wonderful! What a cute bunch of kiddos. Easter egg hunts rule!

John & Jenny Morgan said...

That's a lot of eggs! I'm glad you had a happy Easter!

Patrick & Eileen said...

How fun an Easter egg hunt....with money too! Very cool that Sean found both money eggs. He's one lucky kid!

Pat forgot my traditional *solid* chocolate Easter bunny that'd he's *required* to get me for Easter (this was something my mom told him he had to do when we got married). Sniffle, sniffle!!

Thankfully I grew out of being allergic to chocolate! I'm bummed I didn't get my bunny this year. It's a tradition :)

Happy *belated* Easter!
Eileen

Our Family of Bloggers said...

Way to go Sean finding the two money eggs! And Miles is SO beautiful. What a gorgeous dog. Can't wait to see what Easter brings for you next year!

Angela said...

Miles is so cute. he looks so sweet.

206 eggs?! That is amazing. You are one devoted mom. We did exactly 15 and some hand-me down jelly bellies. Our EB is very, very lame.

Your little girl will be with you next year - you can bet on it. She will be all frilled up in her Easter/Naurez/spring dress.

The Heath's said...

Looks like you had a Happy Easter! Whatever will you do with all of those eggs? I might have to try the Resurrection rolls in a year or two!

Kelly and Sne said...

How fun! I can't wait to celebrate Easter the "right way" too - with kids - the only way! Though my mom usually sends Easter baskets still even though I'm over 40. Missed it this year because she thought we'd be in Kaz so I'm having peep withdrawals.

marsrob said...

I love the fun thing you did with the kids...hilarious! Great shots of your son, too!

Karen said...

You sure make Easter fun. (Guess who's coming to your house next year--LOL.)

Happy Spring from Uralsk.

Big hugs,
Karen