Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Wishing you everything GREAT in 2008!!!




Happy New Year to all of you! I was trying to find a picture that captured what I wanted out of 2008-and i found a couple that caputure it perfectly ! This is the TRUE JOY of Christmas morning and family! This is the kids running out to see what Santa left them. You can see the excitement in their faces-it was so much fun! I don't really "do" New Years resolutions, but I do make a lot of goals during the year that I try to accomplish. Instead, I wanted to leave you with my wishes for 2008. I'm copying off Ann Landers, but she put it so perfectly that I wanted to share it with all of you.
It's a prayer of Saint Francis. For many of us, this is the year we bring our children home. For some of you, it's a year watching your lil miracles grow and thrive, and encouraging those of us who have yet to complete our journey! The support here has been INCREDIBLE and it just reminds me of HOW GOOD GOD IS!

"Lord, make me an instrument of your peace;
"Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
"Where there is doubt,faith;
"Where there is despair,hope;
"Where there is darkness, light;
"Where there is sadness,joy;
"O, Divine Master, grant that I may not as much seek to be consoled as to console;
"To be loved as to love.
"For it in giving that we are pardoned;
"It is in dying that we are born to eternal life;"

AMEN!
Wishing everyone much love, faith, laughter, good health, patience, friendship, and joy in this wonderful year of our Lord. :)

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy New Year my friend! Your poem is so wonderful. Ok, Ann's poem. I love it!

Do you know what I woke up thinking this morning? The very first thought of the very first morning of a new year? I woke up thinking, "Oh my gosh, Susan is going to get a baby!" I know that sounds kinda dumb.

You have been such a source of strength and encouragement to so many people. There aren't too many blogs out there that I don't see your profile. To me, you are the spoke of the wheel of all of us- our little group. You keep us laughing and smiling and seeking to uplift others. While in my head, I knew you were on your own journey, I don't think it sank in until the wee hours of this morning (perhaps a dream I don't remember?) when I realized, not only are you our supporter, but you too are on this journey, and you too will be bringing home little Baby Kaz- a real living, breathing, beautiful, baby.

For some reason, it was very profound to me this morning. Rather weird huh, as you've known all along you're going to be bringing home a child? :-)

I don't know how else to describe it though. Perhaps is was simply the deep yearning hope I had that you've been given support and love the way you have given so freely to others.

But this is the year!

Anonymous said...

Are you drinking champagne and singing karaoke???? That's the way to bring in the New Year! ;-)

I played Guitar Hero with Brooke (santa brought her a Wii). I'm not a video gamer but dang that is FUN. Can't say I'm very good at it though;-)

marsrob said...

Beautiful. Those photos are so great - they do capture utter joy! Happy New Year to you!!! You are an incredible woman and you deserve all wonderful things in 2008!!!

Matthew Ruley said...

Here here to what Jennifer M said. You deserve for this process to speed right now.

Alos, you commented on peoples blogs about Chex and there you are with a mic and champagne! You party animal - that looks like an awesome awesome party. Love the happy kids running.

This will be your year.

Sandi said...

Happy New Year Susan! Words can not describe how happy I am we became friends through this journey. I woke up today realizing that we will all be moms this year. 2008 is going to be Great. Amazing.. You are a one of my greatest sources of strength, thank god we have had each other to get us through the wait. I truly dislike that word.

You sang karoke at your christmas party too cool.

May 2008 bring you much joy and happiness.

Sandi

Catalina said...

This is what I would call a very Happy Christmas! I wish you a wonderful New year, Susan. And I hope next year we will all send pictures of our kazacuties dressed in Christmas pijamas jumping and playing around. I really love your optimistic, cheerful, always happy attitude! Thank you, my friend! I am so happy I met you,
Catalina

Aaron and Julie said...

Happy New Year :) You deserve all the happiness it will surely bring!

The Cook said...

Happy New Year girl. This is your year!

Jill & Jon Dumford said...

I spent the New Year thinking about all I do have, rather than what I don't have. I have a great husband, awesome family & friends, a brand new king sized bed, and the wonderful anticipation of a little one I will meet halfway around the world sometime in the future. That's all I need. I love the prayer you posted and good luck to your growing family in 2008.

Chris Sapp said...

So fun! Just think - your baby will be enjoying the spirit of Christmas next year :-)

Laura said...

Glad you had a great Christmas and New Year. I am hoping that your paperwork moves quickly and that you hear good news soon!