Sunday, December 30, 2007

After Christmas Shopping!




I ventured on over to Tampa yesterday to my very favorite mall...INTERNATIONAL PLAZA! It has all the fancy schmancy stores like Nordstrom's, Neiman's, and my new favorite store, Lush, but more on that in just a second.
My husband was cleaning out his drawer and he found a Nordsrom's gift card that he never used from last Christmas, so he gave it to me. I took that as a "sign" that I should by those way cool Northface boots that I had looked at months ago with Sandi and Shannon. I had liked the white ones, but realized that they would get super dirty walking thru mud and slush in the cold land of Kaz, so I got the brown, waterproof ones. I LOVE THEM! I have them on right now, and they are making my feet hot, maybe because it's like 85 degrees in Florida. I had my hubby take a picture of me, he rolled his eyes and said 'NICE OUTFIT' even though I said, IT'S FOR OUR BLOG. So, what do you think, I am trying to pretend I'm a hot Kazakh chick. I don't think it's working...

Anyway, the boots are great and they only cost me $5 since we had the gift card. I figured if we don't travel until March, I'd still need them as it's cold and snowy in March in Kazakhstan. We are also getting a cold front here this week and it' getting down to 35, so I can wear them then too. HA HA

Next, my stepdaughter turned me into this new store at the mall, called LUSH. It's based in Vancouver, Canada. It's ALL NATURAL cosmetics. Sean and I were in there Christmas shopping for Jillian and I thought it looked cool, but I wasn't buying for me. After Jillian opened the huge gift box we got for her, I was intrigued, so I went back with my Christmas money. My skin is soft as butter now! I swear, I am as soft as a baby. The stuff is awesome! It's very weird though, but they have sales girls who help you out. I got this awesome body butter that you put on in the shower after you soap. It's fantastic. I got their eye creme, I got this facial cleaner with seaweed in it, as my skin is dry, but I sweat so much since I run 5 days a week, my pores get clogged. It's cool stuff. I got this shampoo that looks like a round bar of soap. It smells good, you just rub it on your scalp and it lathers up.
I got a whole bunch of stuff.
Check it out at lush.com. See if there is a store near you!
I LOVE IT! My skin is very dry and I feel like I look like I am 60 years old instead of the youthful 41 that I am. I don't want Baby Kaz to think her mom has grandma skin. The stuff is expensive, but it's concentrated and all natural. It's rather funky stuff, but I feel so hip and new age now. My hands are also really dry so I got this stuff called "Handy Gurugu". This is what they say about it..
Fabulous, herbal hand cream with fair trade shea butter .Handy Gurugu is a fabulous, easily absorbed hand cream made with rose water, six natural oils and butters, and luxuriously soothing essential oils. When sourcing the rich shea butters, our creative buying team traveled for 15 hours on a rickety bus along potholed roads to find villages where it is handmade by the local women. Handy Gurugu makes a big difference to your skin and a huge difference to the villagers who make the shea butter.

They are having a huge sale right now, buy one get one free, because the product has a shelf life so they are trying to get rid of it. Mine is all good for a year. Plus, the really nice gift boxes are buy 1, get one free, and the Christmas gift boxes are buy 1, get 2 free, (but, they are like over $100 for one gift box)


So, while my dossier gathers dust at the MFA, I will work with my seaweed soap, my bath bombs, my body massage bars, and my funky new face cremes so I can look younger and be soft for this baby so I won't scare her away with my wrinkly old eyes and dry old hands. :)

15 comments:

Sam said...

The boots are cute. I hate that you are in 85 degree weather. its not right

Kelly and Sne said...

You might as well pamper yourself now... that was our motto in Mexico! And I LOVE the boots. And you WILL need them (see, need trumps want). As others have mentioned as well, the women dress to the nines over there so to score something that fashionable AND practical - well, you just can't pass it up!

Matthew Ruley said...

The boots look GREAT - and there's a cold-front coming! So you may be able to use them. And what fun on all the skin stuff! You'll look and smell good :)

Susan's Awesome Step Daughter said...

I am glad you LOVE IT! I had a feeling that you would not only enjoy the products, but also all the good things this company does for the environment and for the people.

Thank you for a wonderful Christmas too. I am very thankful and lucky to have you guys as parents.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I copy you and you copy me. I was in LUSH today!! Yes, awesome sale. I'm surprised we haven't run into each other at International Plaza! I didn't purchase anything at LUSH because it was jam packed with people hunting sales but I managed to find a few skin smoothing goodies at L'Occitane... on sale no less. Boy, we'll both have smooth, great smelling skin in those hot boots. Yeah! I hope mine get here before our cold front - it will probably only last a day... But I swear, these boots are the only footwear I will have that has closed totes. I'm such a sandal queen. No need for pedicures in Kazakhstan I presume???

See ya soon!
Shannon

Anonymous said...

I mean closed toes. I need spell check for comments ;-) Or I guess I could just slow down but that will never happen.......
Shannon

Jennifer said...

Oh Susan, you are so hot! And I mean that in the best, most innocent girl-to-girl way possible. :-) I'd say I wish I had your bod when I'm in my 40's, but heck! I wish I had it now! Love the pose! I love your chutzpa- it keeps me lauging all the time. ('Specially your comment about the "boy toy" on my blog!)

I've never heard of LUSH. I'll have to check and see if they have one around here.

Catalina said...

Congrats for the boots.You look fantastic, but please continue pamper yourself.
have a Happy New Year and may you use those boots very very soon!
Catalina

Regina said...

Oh girl, you are hot to trot! All that and a bag of chips! So glad you "got your shop on." Sometimes a girl just has to buy fabulous things. Especially while she is in waiting!

The Cook said...

Look how cute you look in those boots. Love it! Happy New Year!

Thad and Ann said...

the boots are very cute. I'll have to check out that store, the stuff sounds yummy.

Karen said...

I didn't know you could get boots like those in Florida. You are such a fashionista—those Kazakh women will have nothing on you.

Chris & Christy said...

Okay, talk about HOT, you are HOT, look at that bod! It must be all the Yoga and running you do! Love the boots too, however, you will not be hot with those boots in Kaz, they don't have stilleto heals. Shoot hu!

And yes, you are a youthful 41, so grandma skin just won't do.

By the way, you don't post in 3 weeks and then I check and you posted 3 times in 4 days.......what is up with that?

Christy - Happiest New Year

Gretchen said...

Love the boots especially with the tank and shorts outfit. :) You definitley look like a cool Kaz chick.

Angela said...

Love the boots. I tried some on before Christmas and they are amazingly comfortable and even better -light for packing! My dossier got to the MFA two weeks after yours, so I'm up in the air about buying them. Will we be there in winter or spring? Snow or flowers? Ah, the waiting and wandering...