Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Delightful Day at Disney with my sensational son, Sean




I have to say that I feel so LUCKY to live only an hour and a half away from most magical place on earth.. DISNEY WORLD! It was Martin Luther King day, and no school, so Sean I decided to drive up for the day. Joe will go to Disney, but does not find the experience as "magical" as Sean and I do so we went while he worked. :)
They have a really good deal right now for Florida residents, so we got a 4 day pass. We have 6 months to go 3 more times, and I know we'll do that! Our next holiday is Febuary 28th, so we already made plans go to then, for a teacher in service day.

The weather was PERFECT! It was a little bit chilly, but it warmed up, but I was perfect in the turtle neck and "warm up" suit I originally purchased to bring to Kaz with me. Since it's not looking like we're traveling anytime soon, I've made peace with the fact that we may not go until May or June, and I'm fine with that now. I was in a bit of a "funk" last week, but thru lots of prayer and yoga I'm happy again. YAY! I hate being in funks~they're no fun!

Nothing like a gorgeous day at Disney to cure the "funks" away! It's good for us to get away from our daily grind too. Sean was an absolute delight. We had great conversations, laughed a lot, and he even held my hand UNPROMPTED. It was so nice.
I feel like all I've done this year is be "Naggy McNaggerson". Brush your teeth Sean, do your homework Sean, did you practice Guitar Sean, pick up your dirty clothes Sean, please tuck your shirt in, please comb your hair, please turn the lights out when you leave the room, please put the seat down on the potty, THE LIST NEVER ENDS! And, he responds by being "Sassy McSasserson" and gives me the "eyeroll" which drives me insane. On the way home from church on Sunday, he gave some sassy retort. I said, Sean, enough on the sassy and on the disrespect. I don't appreciate your being disrespectful to me. He said, "Mom, i'm getting older, it comes with the territory". So I went into how he can think what he wants about me in his mind, but he can't say it, it's rude to me and even God says to respect your mother and father. I told him if he refuses to try to be respectful to me, then I don't have to be nice to him. I told him I am a really nice mom and I put a lot of time and effort into doing nice things for him and if he wants to treat me like that, then I can be a mean mom, that being nice isn't part of the mom job description. Then, he comes out with..."WHATEVER MOM, YOU DON'T GIVE A FLIP ABOUT ME CUZ YOU'RE ADOPTING!!

We're at Disney, and he's being so sweet, pointing out all the cute baby girls that we see, and asking if I think she'll(meaning baby Kaz) want to dress like a princess to come to Disney.
I said, did you really mean that when you said you don't think i care about you because we're adoptiong baby Kaz? He got a sheepish grin on his face and said, NO, I didnt' meant it. I was just mad.
LOL
So, it was a magical day for Mom and son to get away, and the lines were not long, and we managed to get to Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, and Epcot and ride pretty much everything Sean wanted to. He was very cute pointing out all the baby girls.
We saw quite a few "princesses" in full princess regelia. One little girl, looked to be around 4, walked by in a Jasmine type outfit (from Aladdin) and it was chilly out, and she has on the half shirt thing. Sean looked at me and said, WELL THAT WAS DISTURBING! It was really funny. They have a beauty shop called the "Bippety Boppity Boutique" where your favorite princess can get all "glammed up" complete with glitter to look like her favorite princess. Sean said he hopes baby Kaz is NOT so into princesses and is more into skateboards. :)

One last note...we had 5 minutes until Animal Kingdom closed, so we ran to one last ride. We were right behind this lady, who had 2 kids, a daughter and son. The daughter was not tall enough for the ride. She was argueing with the poor Disney dude, and the girl was screaming. The lady looked at me and asked me, "Would you mind letting me go ahead of you with my son and you watch my daughter for me?" I was bewildered, to say the least. I said, No, I'm sorry, I'm going on it with my son, and we ran ahead. Sean said, MOM, was that lady serious, asking a stranger to watch her kid? I don't think you would ever ask a stranger to watch me. I said, NO WAY, but are you sure, thats what she was asking me? I told him that when Baby Kaz is 3, we will not be able to go on the big rides until she's tall enough. My mature, 9 year old son answered, yeah, thats ok, we live here, and i like kiddie rides, too.
Oh, and Sean also got Student of the Week last week. His teacher told me on Friday. I said, SEAN got STUDENT OF THE WEEK? Really? She said he has had a great attitude and he hasn't given her a hard time about doing all the work ONE TIME! LOL
That's my boy! Sassy McSasserson!!!

So, that wraps up my escape to the wonderful land of Walt Disney, my hero. :)
Have a magical week everyone!

ps. It's a good thing we had a most magical time. I came home to find out that we need an entire new AC unit on our house. It hasn't been working, so we finally got a service company out. We need an entire new unit and duct work, the circuit board has gone bad and we HAD MOLD! ick! So, here I sit, while they install new everything, and let me tell you, it's NOT CHEAP EITHER! So, good thing my day was so magical. I think Tink sprinkled extra happy dust on me because I even had to miss yoga and I'm still in a really happy mood, despite being several thousand dollars poorer. :(
But at least we'll have a working unit and be MOLD FREE! Now we're ready for Baby Kaz!! Mold free, and Disney bound, baby!

Sean in front of "It's a small world after all"
I recognized the "Dasvidanya" at the end....goodbye in Russian! :)



9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow! What a marvelous day it was! I even felt like I was right there with you. And oh how I envy the whole hand holding thing! I can't wait, and I hope Miss Munchkin makes a grab for the hand unprompted.

I'm still amazed you guys did all that in one day. I'd be droppin' over from exhaustion after just one of those places!

Thanks for sharing about being in a funk, and I'm glad you're out of it. They're no fun and so unproductive!

Here's to skateboards and not princesses. Well... maybe a princess on a skateboard. I'd be willing to settle for that. :-)

Lots of love!

Gretchen said...

What a great post. It sounds like you and Sean had a much needed break together. :) Disney seems like such a good time. I think I went when I was really little but don't remember much about it.

Baby Kaz will love having a brother like Sean to show her the ropes. How cool will she be with all the boys knowing how to school them at skating!

Sandi said...

I love DIsney WOrld, i am so happy i live 40 minutes from the most magical place on earth. I swear it is awesome to become a kid again.

Glad you guys had fun and were able to shake your funk :)

Heres to princess tea parties and hanging out at the most magical place on earth.

Sandi

Anonymous said...

Glad it was great, you missed a great lunch at Cheesecake Factory with a spending spree at Lush and Nordstrom ;-)

But man, does Kazarina have some cute stuff now ;-)
Shannon

Sam said...

Glad to hear that Naggy mcNaggerson is at your house with Sassy McSasserson. At mine we have Crabby McCrabberson and Snippy McSnipperson. I thought I was the only person to make up those names. Too funny!

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

You are freakin' hilarious! I LOVE your posts! Keep up the great 'tude. When people ask me, "when will you travel?", I say, "maybe by April, but I won't panic until June." At least I can wear my North Face boots in Ohio, where it was 4 degrees over the weekend. So, we're right there with you, sista! Hang in there, and keep posting. You make my day. K.

Kim said...

How jealous am I!! I would love to go to the Happiest Place on Earth!!! I'm glad you had such a great time with your son - what a wonderful day!!!

SBP

Matthew Ruley said...

What a wonderful post and that you got to journal your experiences and thoughts about the day with Sean. So often we have a day or thoughts we think we'll never forget but there is nothing like articulating the experiences so that we can remember them later.

Certainly it was a very special day that you got to share. Funny how kids say the darndest things to push your buttons and get you to do and say what they want?

You will be a great mom and Sean will be a great big brother!

Catalina said...

I am glad you had a wonderful day. This must be so great to live so close to the most magical place in the world. And how lucky to have Sean, Sassy McSasserson as your son :). I love your positive atitude and baby Kaz will really be so lucky to have such a great, cool mom.