Monday, February 1, 2010

Cooking for a Kaz!!






I have been a a "Kazzy Crocker" lately (think Betty Crocker for a Kaz (Cause!)
With Jillian, Sean, and I ALL headed to Kazakhstan on this mission trip, and this being a VERY HARD TIME to fundraise (with the disaster in Haiti, people paying off Christmas, and many people just "not getting" what we're doing), I was growing frustrated on how to raise money for the trip.

Thanks to one of my DEAR Kaz Mama friends, the lovely Kristan, she told me that she had made these chocolate chip pound cakes to help raise money for the breast cancer walk. So...last week,I started advertising it on facebook and I sold two right away.
They have been described as "OMG DELICIOUS" :)

One of Sandi's dear friends, Julie, is a teacher in Tampa. She bought two from me, and sent an email to her fellow teachers. She called me Friday with an ORDER FOR 10 for Monday!! I was thrilled!

I have now successfully sold 32 cakes! I baked ALL DAY YESTERDAY. I think Joe was in shock...he said "wow, look at you...YOU'RE STILL BAKING! WHO KNEW?"

The cakes ARE REALLY good and I have asked for a minimum donation of $10. It makes me feel good to be doing SOMETHING, and people are so willing to help. Sean's youth group at church is going to have a car wash and sell lemonade and cookies. We are also planning a garage sale.

I have also gathered up all our spare change in the house and cashed that in. I'm just doing everything I can to help find "hidden money"

I know I am going to miss my Leeza when we go, but she is going to be taken such good care of by my dear friend Laura and of course her Dadddy when he gets home from work.

Leeza continues to amaze us. Her vocabulary grows EVERY DAY. She talks INCESSANTLY. :)

The other day, she told me "Mommy, Daddy needs to get NEW EYEBALLS". I said, "WHAT Honey? why does daddy need new eyeballs"...she points to her lights in her bathroom (two had burned out)..new EYEBALLS FOR MY LIGHTS! Translation: new LIGHTBULBS.

The other day after school an adult friend asked her "How is Sean?" and she went into this loooooong diatribe about how Sean needs to take a SHOWER, and it's SICK and Sean better brush his teeth and how Sean has stinky socks and she puts them IN HIS ROOM. I could not stop laughing. Yes...we have a middle school boy in the house. Every night when she kisses him goodnight, she says " Sean-TAKE A SHOWER" cuz that is what I say everynight. Oh my, yes, the lil ones take EVERYTHING IN!

Sean's room is Leeza's FAVORITE place. She loves to lay on his bed, and it aggravates her brother to no end. All I hear is "Leeza get out of here..you have your shoes on and I SLEEP HERE" or else she runs in after her bath and lays on his bed naked. That REALLY chaps his hide.

So, now she will tell me "SEAN MEAN TO EEZA..SEAN SAYS GET OFF MY BED!!!"

She is perfecting her job of annoying lil sister.

Here are some recent pics. :)









7 comments:

Gretchen said...

You go girl! Those cakes look super delicious! Thanks for the great idea. :)

I love to see pictures of you and Leeza together. You can feel the love you have for her oozing out of every pore in your body. Love it!

Jstar said...

Hilarious - I love the sibling rivalry stories!

Amy, Jeff, LM, SC, & Ashton said...

sell sell sell... you'll wake up at 4am like the Dunkin Donuts guy only with "time to make the chocolate chip pound cakes".. and, in fact, will you even sleep? :)
leeza is getting so tall it seems! and i love all the talking & what comes out of her mouth!
thanks for sharing the great stories!

Lori @ Five of My Own said...

Hey there I just caught up on your last few posts. I am so proud of you and your kaz mission trip baking extravaganza. Your unending supply of energy is inspiring. You made this amazing difference with Leeza and for most people that would be more than a lifetime of good deeds but not for you. You're going to Kaz and you are going to touch the lives of some many beautiful children. And even beyond the playground the awareness you bring to the situation in these orphanages will surely have a positive impact. Rock on Kaz Mama...I'M NOT WORTHY!!!!!

And BTW Leeza's hair is sooooo long!

Unknown said...

OK..now I'm hungry and am craving cake!

Kelly and Sne said...

What a good idea - you baking fool! They look really yummy - I wish I lived closer. I bought my raffle tickets so I hope that helps ya'll with the trip. LMI is now requiring a mandatory $3,000 donation to their Kaz foundation so I'll do what I can but it has ransacked our Kaz donation budget for while...

Leeze is such a cutie - what are little sisters for except to torture their older brothers?

Kim said...

Great idea to bake the cakes! If you want another chocolate chip pound cake recipe for variety let me know. I have an easy one that is very moist and more chocolate. Yours looks very yummy though!