Thursday, July 23, 2009

Beatin the Heat!


Man..I always seem to forget how hot and humid the summers in Florida are..until they roll around again. As much as I'd like to just hide inside the AC, I gotta get out and about and let Leeza burn off some energy! The pool does the trick..and her reward for a good swimming lesson effort is a POPSCICLE!







We also enjoy our weekly Kindermusic class and our gymboree class. I love watching her confidence and coordination grow at these classes. In our newest kindermusic class, we met a little girl who has Leeza's exact same birthday (September 5th) so it was refreshing to see another lil girl her exact same age. She typically is the youngest one in the class (even only by a couple months) but at this age, that is a huge difference. It was refreshing (and honestly, a relief to me) to see this other lil girl run off and do the same things that Leeza does. I was starting to really think that she is gonna be in trouble every minute when she starts preschool! :)



I am still getting up early in the am (6 am for summer-yay!) to get my 5 mile run in...but I've been a HUGE SLACKER on training for my 3 day walk. It's so hot and now that Leeza is potty trained..my days of 2 hour walks with her in the stroller are over. She has to pee toooooo often for us to walk very far. However-I guess she wanted to go for a walk cuz Sean found her with the dog's collar and leash around her neck the other day.....



I am going to start walking with a friend of mine and her team on Saturday's, and then in September, when Leeza goes to preschool 2 mornings a week-I am going to devote those hours to walking. I gotta get it in gear or those 60 miles are going to be PAINFUL ONES!

After having so much fun at the lil water park in Dallas, we decided to check out a FREE splash park that opened in Dunedin. It was SO CUTE and really a lot of fun. Leeza had a blast, and Sean was a real trooper to go with us and help entertain Leeza and her boyfriend Ryan. :)























10 comments:

demarest6 said...

It has been a while since I checked in...Summer days are full of running around and the likes. Don't you need a babysitter? or a date with Sean? cuz I need a Leeza fix. I was happy to hear you are giving up Diet Coke, it is sooo horrible for you, try club soda with a lime. I am so happy you blog because I miss seeing you and this makes me feel close to you. xoxo

Kristan and Mark said...

Love all the pictures, but especially the one with choc all over Leeza's face with her big blue eyes peircing through.

Yes, hot summer days in FL can be miserable......if you aren't in the water you don't want to be outside.

However I have enjoyed the small break in the smothering heat this week.

Wish we could walk together......oh how fast the miles would pass with all the chit chat. That's what I'm counting on in Phoenix.

Karen said...

Looks like you're doing a great job keeping everyone cool. It's funny—in the winter I'm writing about tundra-like temps and frozen digits and when summer rolls around it's your turn to talk about unbearable temperatures. I guess we all have our crosses to bear.

The Cook said...

The child is precious. I can't think of anyone more photgenic. All her suits are so cute and the darling popsicle picture. Love it.

Bill & Khadine said...

What a great Summer Leeza is having! Popsicles, pool time, water fun, times with loved ones...that's the life!

I wish we'd get a bit of your heat over here. It's been a very wet, kinda cool summer in Chicago, and we haven't been able to be outdoors as much as we'd like :-(

Leeza looks stunning as always, by the way! Hope you continue to enjoy your summer!

Khadine

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

Message for Sean:

Sean, love the t-shirt! You are the best big brother EVER! When Max becomes a big brother, I may ship him down to your house for "training camp." ha ha.

Do you have HBO? The Bengals are going to be on a show featuring their training camp. That should be interesting! :-) We don't have HBO so I guess I'll have to find a friend who has HBO and I'll have to go to that house to watch it!

Hope you are having a great summer with your friends, and with your little sister. It's so nice of you to go to the splash park with Ryan and her!

Alysa said...

What a wonderful summer for the Serra family!

I'm sure the walk won't be so hard for you -- you're in great shape! Have fun training anyway.

Unknown said...

When does school start for Sean? Come on up to Maine for a quick cool off! We'd love to have you all visit!!!

Jaimie, Gena and Berik said...

That water park looks like so much fun!! Great pics !! Of course they couldn't turn out bad with the subjects you have! Gena

Tricia said...

The poolside and waterpark photos are so adorable. It is so nice how involved Sean is with his little sister. The are two peas in a pod even with their age difference. It is so sweet.