Friday, July 3, 2009

Finley meets Leeza!






It was really special meeting Sandi and Finley in Orlando today. Sandi was the first person I met "in real life" after we started the adoption process. She was the VERY FIRST COMMENT on my VERY FIRST post on this blog..WAY back in July 2007...
We met in Orlando and went shopping for our baby girls and it was really special to be WITH OUR BABY GIRLS THIS TIME!

It was really pretty hot and humid but we walked around Downtown Disney and had lunch at the Rainforest Cafe. Sean was a big help so I could catch up with Sandi and he was a sweet big brother.














Leeza was a bit of a pill on the way home because she was super overtired but wouldn't take a nap-so when we got home, Leeza and I BOTH took a nap.

Finley is a beauty and such a happy happy baby-and it seems like Sandi and Finley have been a mommy-daughter team forever and ever. It's easy to see why Sandi has had such a seamless transition to mommyhood-her daughter is an angel and Sandi radiates this calm, inner peace that's refreshing. :) She had a long wait to Finley-but her positive atttitude and constant encouragement to others were rewarded with her very happy,healthy, beautiful Finley Faith Alexanda Martin. :)


4 comments:

Kristan and Mark said...

Two Kaz beauties! Once again baby and mommy a perfect match. The "magic" of that never fails to amaze me. Of course I know it's not magic at all.

I love Leeza's piggy tails. I checked your blog yesterday but you must have posted afterwards. cute, cute, cute.

Be sure to let Sean know how much I think he rocks as a big brother! He's the best (along with Ryan and Tanner of course, well toward Sadie that anyway, smile).

Well Mark just found me down in his office so my time I took to sneak to the computer is over. Happy July 4th.

Sandi said...

Today was a very special day for me too. Our friendship is one that is very special to me. We started this journey together, even though we were not even friends before, and I know that as the girls get older our friendship will continue to grow.

Sean is an amazing big brother and a very polite boy. I asked him today if Kazakhstan left an impression and he told me it changed him forever. It really is a life changing event and to know that it impacted Sean that way really makes you think.

Happy 4th of July, especially to Leeza, her first as an American.

Jennifer said...

What cute babies!! Sandi and Finley always do look very happy together. It's clear they were meant to be.

I'm glad you guys had such a great time!

Tricia said...

It is so nice to see photos of Leeza and Finley together. So special that your journeys have come full circle now. Two great mama daughter teams :)